It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Realy Grinds Your Gears?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

What Grinds Your Gears!

This is basically a thread so that members of ATS and BTS can open mindedly say what they hate about something!

The Rules:

>Do not quote another member or your post will be deleted!
>Do not make fun of another members post!
>Have fun
>Shout it if you have to (Use Caps)
>Keep on topic
>No racist comments!

You have to start the post with:

This Realy Grinds My Gears:

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Poet Of Deception]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This Realy Grinds My Gears:

Balanced burden of proof lacking during debates by both sides of a given subject.

Coffe that wont stay hot.

The snow always burying my car.

Never getting my orders like I want them to be from Burger King where they always say "Have It Your Way".

Impaitent drivers speeding to get nowhere fast in a small town.

Late pizza orders and they give me a coupon for a discount on my next pizza order only to find later they dont accept them anymore.

Sales phone calls interrupting dinner time every time.

Lies by NASA.

Lies by US Government.

Liars.

Lies.

Windy days.

Flat tire.

Someone writting a check or using a CC card to buy 2 bucks worth of pop and chips when there is a long line at the checkout counter.

Lint left in the dryer lint filter.

Nasty coffee cups left around the break room.

The newspaper guy always throwing the paper into the evergreen bush instead of on the porch.

The next door neighbor deciding to mow their lawn kicking up dust and cut grass everywhere the same day I have a BBQ and friends over.

Red light runners.

I will think of more and add later.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 11-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
people who don't use their indicators when they're driving.

How Fk~n had can it be? Your hands are onthe FK~n wheel already,just a flick of the thumb is all it takes.
I dunno,prehaps they get off on the element of supprise.

KILL THEM WITH FIRE

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This really grinds my gears:

People with no manners - they are free, use them ffs!

Bob Geldof and Bono. If you care so much guys, if you want to lecture me on how I'm not doing enough for the world, stop flying your clothing accessories first class when you forget them - and stop letting your private schooled offspring get tanked up and high on the streets of London in £3000 outfits. What a pair of ****'s!

London (recently moved away thank god!). Barcelona works. Paris works. NYC's transport system works, the bars serve good food and reasonably priced beer (at least when I visit), it's cleaner and the people are friendlier - all of which is saying something! What the hell is your excuse to be so rude and arrogant London? It's an absolute ****hole!

Seth Rogen movies. Sentimental, un-original, boring Hollywood drivel. Cartman. Now there's a funny fat man dude.

High School Musical (1-89...) Hannah Montana etc etc - Witless, plastic, brainless rubbish. I wouldn't let my kids near it I tell you!

People who don't get up for old ladies/gents on busses.

People who play tinny, crappy music on their phones on public transport.

Ipods. Uggghhh.

Hmm that's all I can think of right now...good thread!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
the insurance company deciding they know better than my doc what i need when it comes to my treatment and narcotics.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Liked that family guy show!!

But to what grinds my gears...

Large objects made of metal! They rub against me all day long.

I guess you could say, I do not enjoy the likes of Pat Robertson, he really grinds my gears!
Fox News Really grinds my gears.. here is a video to support my feelings of anger..

[edit on 11-12-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This really grinds my gears...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This REALLY Grinds My Gears:

People who CAN'T DRIVE...And I mean the people that drive like fifteen UNDER the speed limit. I don't neccisarilly follow all of the rules, and yes, I'll admit I don't always use my blinker when switching lanes on the highway, but I still consider myself a darn good driver. I've never had any real "close" calls, and that's because I have enough common sense to realize when it's safe to get over, instead of just swerving in my own little self-created freeway lane straight to my exit. And yeah, I'll get mad sometimes at people and try to be a..."hinderance" to them on the road, which may not really be the smartest thing to do, but I'm good at it so, hey, I'll keep doing it till I feel like changing

[edit on 11-12-2008 by louiekid333]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
You know what really grinds my gears.....Amish people.

With the butter ....and the churning.... and the barn raising....look at me my name is Jebediah and I don't use electricity..yack yack yack.

Always looking at you with those beedy little judgemental "Gods gonna destroy you" eyes. And what's with the beards with no mustaches...who was the last cool guy to rock one of those...Abe Lincoln? The crawdad smoking hippy from the Beverly Hillbillies?

And they are always driving those donkey karts in the middle of the road at the speed of smell....you can honk and throw things all you want but they aren't budging for you or me or anyone else. Hey Jeb...do you think maybe you could put some rear view mirrors on that mule so that you can see the 3 mile long traffic jam that is building behind you? I realize you have nowhere to be but some of us have jobs to get to.

What is it with the Pilgrim duds anyway? Wow.. those long thick black slacks and long sleeve button up shirts must be really versatile and comfortable when you are in the fields gathering hay....in July...when it is 105 degrees. Personal comfort must be a mortal sin that I wasnt aware of.

Electricity is not your enemy....all music made after 1908 isn't the Devil and shoeing horses is not a grand way to spend a Saturday night.

Let's get with the program Amish....you don't see the Mennonites acting like complete jerks.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This Really Grinds My Gears:

When people complain about every little thing they can while all around them people are dying of cholera, aids, cancer, starvation, war, murder. People are losing their jobs & their houses. You got the homeless, the blind, deaf and lonely people who probably don't complain at all. Children are going missing or being abused, raped and killed. Yep, when people complain, whine and get mad at the little things in life it really grinds my gears.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This really grinds my gears.

I'm expected to wait on everyone.

Go to the doctor's office for an appointment I made 6 weeks ago, then stuck in his office for two hours. What is he, too busy losing his money daytrading at his desk in the back to actually see me. And then, he doesn't even really diagnose me, just give me pills. Like a slow, expensive, morose vending machine.

I need new tires. I have WAIT for two hours for einstein to sell me some.

I cannot leave work early because I have to wait on the copier guy.

The cable guy will be out to the house sometime between 8 am and 5 pm monday. So I have to take the day off and pray that he even bothers to leave the cafe long enough to climb a pole and insert a wire.

It makes me contemplate crime. I could whack someone, and walk away from the crime scene while bystanders waited for a cop.......

It's not that we live longer in a technological society. We actually live as long, experientially, as some hunter in a mud hut. We just have to wait longer to DIE!

join