It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence that NASA is altering the true colours of the pictures of Mars

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
From Opportunity, dataset Sol 325 found HERE.

A close up view of the leftovers.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
From Opportunity, dataset Sol 326 found HERE. Another view of the leftovers. Hey, is that a Martian slinky in there?!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Hey Mr. Burns,

It's late here and so I'm going to post this and then off to bed. I did some looking for info on the Hubble issue. I found an article on it on Space Daily website. It's an article about 3 years old in which they describe in basic detail the process of "enhancement" of Hubble photos. They even mention the removal of artifacts and the assignment of colors. I noticed also that they refer to the images as "Hubble Art".

I also visited the Space Telescope Science Institutes official website and they have another very informative, basic description of the "enhancement" process and they verify that the coloration is not natural and that they ad information to the images. The do mention that they try not to ad any features that the data does not support, but they do mention specifically that they ad features not visible to the human eye. They also refer to the images as "Hubble Art".

NASA has been at this game for years. As I mentioned before the motivation is to keep the public oohing and aahing because they depend on Congress for funding.

To answer the last issue of why they would have bothered to alter the colors in the first place. Well that goes back to Viking again. I remember it very well, I had tracked every movement of the Viking program for years, even before it had launched. No sooner had the first pics been released than Senator Proxmire of the "Golden Fleece Awards" fame started making noises about how the pics looked like they were taken on Earth. He even suggested that NASA may have faked the landing mission. He threatened to cut off funding for deep space missions. He was on his soapbox and he was really enjoying the attention. That's when NASA altered the coloration and claimed that the first pics had been glitched. After that we got the red saturation pics.

As you have seen though the true color pics get leaked evey once in a while but now the public has been conditioned to expect a red sky on Mars and so they continue with it. I think that they are covering their bets though, since they will eventually have to admit that the red saturation pics are wrong. We have also been conditioned however to accept NASA explanations of screwups. So, when the time comes they will have a very convincing story, they'll release the adjusted pics and move on like nothing happened. Most people will buy it.

Something else that you noticed in your search for the true color pics is that the pics are much brighter when they are color balanced. That is another thing about the pics, the sun on Mars is brighter than on Earth. It's true that Mars is further from the sun but the atmosphere is so much thinner than on Earth that more light actually reaches the ground. We have 50 miles of dense atmosphere, Mars has about 10 miles of thin atmosphere and almost no clouds. I noticed in your analysis of the pics that you thought that the brightness was off, it is probably right on.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Don't worry about the trash! The first settlers on Mars will undoubtably collect all the space trash and sell it on Ebay!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

Go to bed!!!

Yes they do enhance the images and remove much of the junk from them because that falls outside of our visual spectrum range, plus it cleans up the images. And yes they do "say" its false color etc, Hubble Art and so forth. It is curious that on other images of distant galaxies and nebule, they dont say that much at all!

And your right, the color balanced images do come out brighter, sharper, like they are alive. And in those images it is like everything within them is alive and real too. That is the impact that they have, making Mars a not so dead and dull d"RED"ed place after all.

Your also correct that they will have to make amends here pretty darn fast because other nations are very close to sending their own hi tech probes out there and they will land rovers and orbiting probes and get their own data. It is inevitable and will occur in our lifetime.

It will be most unfortunate if NASA does not begin to come around and start "cleaning out the rats in the house" and also come clean about Mars, the Moon and the entire solar system and be honest and open again.

Lets hope that is what happens before these other nations make fools out of NASA and America as a pioneer of space knowlege and exploration.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
reply to post by RFBurns

Don't worry about the trash! The first settlers on Mars will undoubtably collect all the space trash and sell it on Ebay!

Heh now that would make some Martian Mula!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
From Opportunity, dataset Sol 328 found HERE.

More leftovers of the rocket decceleration pack. As seen here, it made a good impact crater seen on the lower right, and bounced to where it is seen here and a large piece broke away as seen in the previous images. Obviously there must have been a small explosion and/or fire due to the charred surface and the direction of the charred surface follows through to the largest debris some distance away from the crater.

Full size HERE.

The garbage collectors certianly have their work cut out for them!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
From Opportunity, dataset Sol 328 found HERE.

A nice closeup of the crater made by the free-fall of the rocket decceleration pack after cutting loose the rover/motherpad/airbag module.

The speed at which the rocket decceleration pack hit the ground must have been relatively fast to make this deep of a crater, given the gravity factor is 2/3 of Earth.

That means after it let go of the rover pack, the decceleration rockets must have been still fireing for some time, allowing the rocket pack to gain a good bit of altitude till those rockets burned out and then the decceleration pack just dropped like an anvil onto the Martian surface.

It also could have hit the ground with the rockets still fireing, causing the impact crater and charred surface. Or perhaps...the gravity is a bit more than 2/3 of Earth??? Still, its quite a mess!!

Full size HERE.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda411

Seriously though can anybody think of any idea why someone would intentionally lie about these images being modified so drastically?

Yes, many reasons i wont bother someone as unimaginative as you with. What does seem logical to me is that the states and agencies that can give us invasions on utterly false pretexts are by no means above obscuring our view of reality. If they will go to these lengths to create the impression that Mars is a in fact a 'red planet' with 'red skies' one can only begin to wonder how slippery the slope must be; if they must lie about something so basic what do they think the acceptance of blue skies would lead to in the public mind?

I mean seriously RFBurns it's called the red planet for a reason. Your pictures it's blue

Well the planet's surface may appear red due to dust storms or the presence of certain materials in it's surface layers but what does this have to do with the skies that appear red from the surface when there is no evidence for dust loading? If you can give me even one scientific sounding reason why the sky should appear red on Mars ( from a rovers vantage point) i would be most impressed.

Edit: Better yet, what could possibly be NASA's intention by altering the photographs? To prevent disclosure? HIGHLY doubtfull.

Well i doesn't matter why a serial killer feels predisposed to killing people when we are still obliged to stop them to best preserve our society. Why NASA is doing this we can speculate a great deal about but the fact that they are is very well established.

Stellar

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
This thread reminded me of one that was posted about four years ago titled: EXCLUSIVE: NASA Is Not Altering Mars Colors. I'm not sure if it has been posted in this thread, as I haven't gone through all 12 pages yet.

Yes, the Kano diatribe that went absolutely nowhere.

As far as I know. There are no true colour photos of Mars. Just approximately true colour photos. A lot of the images taken by the rovers are in various levels of infra red and ultra violet. So that makes it hard to get a perfectly accurate true colour image that way.

Two views of a sundial called the MarsDial can be seen in this image taken on Mars by the Mars Exploration Rover Spirit's panoramic camera. These calibration instruments, positioned on the solar panels of both Spirit and the Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity, are tools for both scientists and educators. Scientists use the sundial to adjust the rovers' panoramic cameras,

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

"We almost never choose to take the images in natural color, because that's not as helpful to us scientifically," said Eric. "However, we're able to approximate what humans might see because Jim's team lived and breathed with this camera for many years, experimenting to get the
colors in the camera models just right."

Using the calibration target on each rover, scientists have a good knowledge of how to adjust colors according to the circumstances found by the rover cameras on Mars. Scientists saved half of the material for the silicon colored chips on the calibration targets, so they can make comparisons and accurately measure how the rings and chips on Earth are reflecting light on
Mars.

"It's crazy how many pictures we took with the Pancam on Earth, but those images were essential to finding the answers on Mars," Jim recounted. Using a "calibration target" with green, red, blue, and yellow silicon swatches and rings of varying shades of gray, the team monitored how those colors changed under different lighting and environmental conditions in the laboratory.Each rover carries its own calibration target, and is regularly instructed to take pictures of it. With their earth-bound experience, scientists have a good knowledge of how to adjust colors according to the circumstances found by the rover cameras on Mars.

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

So how can it be said that NASA can't give us what we want or can only manage 'approximations' when they spent so much time building these instruments to give them science data? Why are they only 'authoritive sources' when they come up with red martian skies despite the fact that our best scientific knowledge on earth tells us that blue skies ( edit) is what they should reliable find on Mars?

What would be the point of NASA purposely altering the colours? What would they gain from doing that? It seems pretty silly.

Also here's an interesting site about Martian colors

What was the purpose about lying about WOMD in Iraq? What was the purpose of suggesting that Iraq had ties to terrorism? For that matter why do we live under a economic system that kills tens of millions per year by fixing prices on life saving drugs and food in general? Have we discovered the exact reasons or motives of all these things and if not how does that affect the fact that they are all facts? How can our ignorance of the motives of others be used to invalidate our observation?

Stellar

[edit on 18-12-2008 by StellarX]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
From Opportunity, dataset Sol 690 found HERE.

A great view of varying terrain, a few large embedded rocks and some dark green looking stuff. This would be consistant with the dark green areas that the Hubble telescope photos have shown. Almost looks like Martian grass!!

Full size HERE.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
From Opportunity, dataset Sol 703 found HERE.

Another good varying terrain view with embedded rock at the low levels and that dark green stuff turns into dark brown stuff!!

Full size HERE.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
PROVEN in Dark Mission how? Notice how the book came and went and absolutely no one cared?

As with most books , especially scientific texts, the earth doesn't move and the sky doesn't fall however accurate or inaccurate it is.

That's because it didn't prove anything. It is the same nonsense and dribble we have heard from Hoagland forever. He is a joke in the scientific community and so was that book.

Hoagland isn't a joke in the 'science' community as much as he isn't really talked about. There are however many scientist with proper credentials who are absolutely ridiculed when they come up with the conclusions Hoagland then typically works from. As for Hoagland not having proved anything his certainly a character and worth the time to read and listen to.

This doesn't prove anything, because you can't get up there and prove it, but even if the skies on mars were a blueish tint, so frikin what. Matters not one bit.

Well that's how it starts. The first step in denying new ideas or scientific breaktrougths is to ridicule the messenger/scientist no matter their credentials or former standing in the community.

The second step ( if that one doesn't shut up the process of discovery) is to admit that it's a VERY small possibility but that there isn't any evidence for it.

The third step ( when it's becoming obvious that the majority where wrong all along) is to deny that the discovery/breaktrough is of any importance to the world.

The fourth step ( when it's being accepted as the new established reality) is to deny that you or anyone ever questioned this 'scientific fact' and that anyone who does as much is ignorant and not worthy of consideration.

That's the way our science establishments of the west have treated anything remotely revolutionary for the majority of imperial age of the last few centuries.

I believe the 'blue skies' is important in that it exposes just how low and desperate the attempts of NASA and their controllers are to stem the tide they expect to be unleashed if they acknowledge all these small 'facts' slowly or at all. The color charade is but one of many and if you wish i can show you why we have no reason to suspect that NASA did not find life on Mars back in 1976.

I find it amusing and hliarious, the egos of the people on here who think they have just outwitted an agency full of rocket scientists.

Well have you established that NASA has informed all their employees that there are to do their best to cover up data with respect to making Mars look hospitable? Why would we need to 'outwit' rocket scientist when they are themselves not always or fully away of the process they are participating in? Should we line up the entire US state department, foreign office and US military on war crimes charges for participating in or aiding in the start of two illegal wars and occupations? Do you think the majority of the people involved have any idea as to how their trust and skills have been abused? If you do why do you have such a low opinion of Americans/fellow citizens?

Yeah, when NASA turned the colors red they never for a minute thought about people with photoshop.

PUHLEASE.

At the time when this charade started a personal computer on every westerner's desktop where NOT expected. You are again expecting those who abuse our trust and their power to have a magical ability to not only forsee the future but to somehow control every individual human effort in their own interest. What we have established here is that they have a goal and what we can see from that and our general struggle for economic and human rights on the planet is that those who enslave us are not omnipotent and all knowing.

Your argument is basically that we can't know because they are too smart; which planet do you think their form to make them so infallible?

Stellar

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Um , isnt this whole thread slightly moot? Im fairly sure that Nasa had a pretty public and embarrasing snafu a few years ago , involving addmitting that they had miscoloured thier mars shots, due to a mistaken preconcieved idea of what the martian surface looks like. What Im saying is , they KNOW they cant colour a mars shot for toffees and they already made an announcement to that effect.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

Please provide proof and evidence for your statements. I hate it when people make things up out of thin air.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sooo many pages and not 1 person can say why NASA would want to hide blue skies KNOWING we are going up there one day.

Please. No one is that stupid.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I remember an other tread about the blue skies where a link was posted to a site with hundreds of color corrected images of mars. Maybe someone knows the site and if its still up?

The main reason Nasa makes mars reddish is to make mars les interesting for the public, scientists etc... The first pictures where mostly reddish. They never mentioned exclusivly mars has a blue sky, they now just show us those pictures. So whats the deal

Nasa allready shows the bleu skies. But no green in it if I remember correctly. It seems when doing the right job, like the examples here, green is also been found on mars. Which makes mars much more interesting of course

This picture from mars can be found on the nasa site itself. So saying mars is red with a red sky is not that correct

btw: I didnt read the whole thread (oops) So maybe this sort ofexamples has allready been posted

Greetings lunica

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Lunica]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Sooo many pages and not 1 person can say why NASA would want to hide blue skies KNOWING we are going up there one day.

Please. No one is that stupid.

There are plenty of links within this thread that clearly show NASA's own bluish images, and plenty of posts as to our opinions why NASA has d"RED"ed Mars images showing any of that blue and why we believe NASA would hide this blue in the images.

Not sure what your after here but if your looking for definative proof to our beliefs, well sorry but no one has yet provided definative proof that Jesus walked on water either.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My take on RCH. I have followed his work for about as long as he has been investigating anomalies not just on Mars, but the Moon, the moons of Jupiter, Saturn, and his investigations into NASA and their practices.

What is uniqe is RCH has a very large extended network of credible researchers who are totaly independant in their own right, and contribute and collaborate with Enterprise Mission.

One thing that has been proven time and time again, is the spin, the redicule, the debunking tactics have all come with a "dose of comical dressing", to which if it were really looked at from a neutral prospective, such criticisim is far more "dry joke" than Mars itself. But then again, some are just very easily amused.

RCH was the first to say that Europa, a moon of Jupiter, is one large ocean moon covered by a layer of ice. Basically like an enclosed sphere of ice and below that layer, nothing but ocean! For years RCH was considered a "fool" for even proposing it. Then what happend?

After all those "brr brr-puff puff" know it all's got data from Voyager and Cassini and low and behold, suddenly they were all friendly chaps and claiming their chunk of credit about the findings on Europa, and not one of them publicly recanted their past redicule to RCH. Typical selfish attitudes to cover their own arse over their obvious error so they wouldnt look like complete idiots in the public eye. And what did RCH do?. He didnt attack them at all. He just continued with his work. In my mind, that right there shows the man has more credibility and honesty than the flock of buzzard scientists who are only looking for more feathers to put into their hats.

Then we come to the Mars anomalies. His book, "The Monuments of Mars" is an in-depth collection of study of many Mars imagry sets and confirmed mathmatical geometric measurements of these monuments. The book contains so much reference and highly credible collaborators and contributors to the work, there would be no court on the entire planet that would dispute that. In fact, that book has far more credentials and references than MOST publications by debunker authors.

Then we get to the "Poof Dirt City". Data from two seperate spacecraft and two seperate missions found evidence of buried complexes all over the planet. What is even more credible about that, is the fact that the Russians probe sent in 1989, also found these buried complexes all over the planet. Talk about a seperate mission and seperate space craft! And the most intriquing thing about the Russian mission, was that the majority of the scientific community and public in Russia did not do what the public and scientific community do in the western world. They looked at the data, with open minds, and clearly had seen that there is in fact something below the mud and crud surface of Mars.

Now more recently, we get to "Dark Mission". Filled with even more references, highly credible witnesses, testimonials, research and verifiable data than the first book "Monuments of Mars". It became listed on the NY Times best sellers list within 2 weeks of its release. And what is even more astonishing, is that not a single debunker publication, or even a debunking scientist/credible researcher's publication has EVER done that within 2 weeks of release...EVER!

Of course tho, that doesnt mean RCH is right in everything. No one is perfect. But for a man who has funded his organization from the ground up and continues to redirect those funds right back into the organization, including sales from the books and video/audio material, there is not a single debunking publisher or organization that can say that, and they definatley cannot prove they do either. For someone consistantly being bashed and trashed, I think the man deserves a medal of honor, for keeping his honor and dedication through all the mud flinging and redicule.

(The following is slightly off topic but relevant)

Its a shame to see so many who are so easily humored and swayed with these subjects. Is it no wonder why the politicians do what they do? Its very simple. Unfortunately its not simple for the easily humbled and easily humored, simple minded ones to see and understand the simple. And yet there are plenty of them crying over the dirty deeds of the politicians, and still cant quite make that connection as to how and why. It is happening right now! So many masses easily swayed, convinced, enlightened, cheered up, by a unknown thrusted into the limelight and spoonfed to the easily controlled masses to say "yes we want him", and then those same masses thrust him up even higher to the likes of a God, a savior.

Its very frightning as well. Perhaps Brookings is right. Perhaps some will go running around like chickens with thier heads cut off if the truth is known. It is so outside of the paradyme of "status quo" and "comfy warm fuzzy zone" that it literally would cause a panic, chaos and social disintigration. Basically it is mental limitation. The masses have been programmed to be simplistic, to be easily convinced, to easily look the other way and not lift a finger as so much to be neutral and look at things with an open mind. To these types, its far easier to accpet the humor and closed minded side than it is to actually use a little bit of the brain's ability to think, to look, to examine, to wonder.

Most of them also shout NWO, government control, monitoring, rounding up people to just throw away, doom and gloom. Well I would say that is a very wide imagination and very creative. Unfortunately it is creativity and imagination that is in the wrong direction. Alot of that energy and effort should be re-directed to actually solving the problems than to be contributing to the problems. Crying over spilt milk never solved anything, yet right here, right now, all over this top rated forum, that mentality is abundant. The evidence for that is right there and can easily be seen.

Its like one big panic pool. I remember a time when people were alot stronger than this! What has happend? Where did the belief in "stand tall and stand strong" go? Where did the innovation and creative inspiration run off to? Was it literally "scared straight" out of the people with the war cry of fight the terrorists? Is it gone because of all the beat the drum of suspicion and suspecting talk radio shows and websites? Has once again the masses been programmed to become weak and feble?

I have seen social change in this country go from "We wont take it anymore" to "We will just go with the flow and hide in the corner, but cry like scared sheep at the first sign of trouble". When was the last time a mass of people gathered together for a common cause and protested peacefully for something better and actually achieved that goal?

Last time I rememeber something like that was back in the 60's.

I am proud to be an American. I am proud of this country. I am proud of what it has accomplished. I am also ashamed as to what it has become. The state of this nation is like a pack of roaches that go scurrying off into the safety of the dark corners when the light goes on. And that is very sad. And its very frightning. There are those out here who do not follow the lead lemming off the cliff and fully understand whats going on. It will be those of us who will survive the worst, and the rest...will go scurrying off into the corners creating their very own surrounding of fear, anxiety, paranoia and social breakdown. And what is done to gather the flock and calm it down? Simple, you enact something like martial law, NWO, complete control over everything and everyone just to bring order to chaos.

There is a line in a famous movie that fits it all extremely well.

"There is no fate for what we make for ourselves".

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
From Opportunity, dataset Sol 845 found HERE.

This is a shot of an early Martian evening. As seen, there IS red in the sky and blue in the lower portion of the sky before the horizon. This is the effect of Rayleigh scattering, and shows how the atmosphere changes its color when the light intensity decreases, and the angle of the light source (sun) changes and the varying effect of the Rayleigh scattering effect. Our sky here on Earth does this very same effect.

Full size HERE.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join