It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obvious terrorist attack

page: 1

join
share:
M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The 3 Gorges Dam

"The dam will be built across the 3 Gorges section of the Yangtze River. It will be 600 feet high, and a staggering 1.2 miles wide. Requiring 12 years and tens of thousands of workers to build it, the dam will cost $29 billion, and will create a 370 mile long lake, requiring the flooding of thousands of villages, and hundreds of towns and cities, and displacing over one million people."

for more info checkWCSScience

Also check this CNN poll

it is quite worrying that China's population may be significantly decreased because of a bomb explosion on the 3 gorges dam.

the 1,000,000 people that wil have to leave will increase the population density of China even more
!
and if the huge lake is to break through the dam ( there are already flaws and cracks in the dam) then 1,000,000s of people will be killed and more injured!

the sewage that will come into China will also contaminate 1,000,000s and cause diseases

What are your views on the 3 gorges dam?

picture below shows the are the 3 gorges dam will flood!

TPL

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Is China known for terrorist attacks?

M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I dunno... i dont think so....

but and there's a big but China will soon (within the next few years - time it takes for the resevoir to be full) be a world super power.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The question is "Why?"

The Chinese are not hampered by negative publicity. I have no doubt that they would respond to such an attack with extreme prejudice.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by M
( there are already flaws and cracks in the dam)

and this makes it different from any other dam on earth how...?

M

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by M
( there are already flaws and cracks in the dam)

and this makes it different from any other dam on earth how...?

the fact that this dam is huge! and china's population is very dense - so if water is to flood out at a high speed, the chinese will not know where to go (except for the mountainous north and west) lots of people will die...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
are you kidding? terrorism in china? in that new dam no less?

i honestly don't know who has more counterintelligence spies: china or the US. the point is, we both have enough intelligence gathering units to thwart such attacks. on top of that, the dam would be guarded by the largest army in the world.

if you're talking about RIGGED terrorism... well... that's a possibility. i dont think carlyle or other propogators of terrorism in the past have the collective balls to pull off such an operation. and china already as a communist country doesn't need a false terrorist attack. nobody there forgot about tianenmen square as a government statement.

[Edited on 4/5/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

M

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
are you kidding? terrorism in china? in that new dam no less?

i honestly don't know who has more counterintelligence spies: china or the US. the point is, we both have enough intelligence gathering units to thwart such attacks. on top of that, the dam would be guarded by the largest army in the world.

if you're talking about RIGGED terrorism... well... that's a possibility. i dont think carlyle or other propogators of terrorism in the past have the collective balls to pull off such an operation. and china already as a communist country doesn't need a false terrorist attack. nobody there forgot about tianenmen square as a government statement.

[Edited on 4/5/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

It will need more than an army defending it this thing is huge 600feet high by 1.2 miles wide.

Al-qaeda(sp?) or Taliban are bound to do something to the dam. Aslo if US were unable to stop 9/11 attacks then what makes you think China will stop the dam attacks?

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by M]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
no logic behing the terrorist attack in china as compare to the attacks chance in U.S.A. the reason we have seen in 9/11. after going in afghanistan and iraq more rumours are around U.S.A.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by M

Al-qaeda(sp?) or Taliban are bound to do something to the dam. Aslo if US were unable to stop 9/11 attacks then what makes you think China will stop the dam attacks?

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by M]

uh, maybe because Al queda (or the Taliban for that matter
) are not Chinese. I think a bunch of middle east types running around China buying diesel fuel and amonium nitrate are going to attract a little suspicion, don't you think?

new topics

top topics

join