It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog in Oklahoma shot three times protecting family

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Dogs are special indeed. They do serve their masters well. Unfortunately, there are those sub-humans who continue to harm man’s best friends. I don’t understand why people cannot learn to protect their human friends the way dogs do for people.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
dogs are possibly he most perfect animal on earth. their courage is a lesson for all humans. I wish I had my dog back that I grew up with. she passed away last year at 16. I miss their friendship and unjudgemental affection.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by biomehanika

I wasn't trying to say that it was because of the breed the dog acted that way. I was just saying that it is nice to see a good story about that breed of a dogs, and yes for the next year all you will hear about are the ones that mall people.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Give that dog the biggest ham bone in the state.

However, while he was delaying the burglar, the owner should have retrieved her own weapon and put a permanent end to the threat.

That disease is still on the loose, and he will attack again.

You don't reason with vermin, you end them. Either that or move to Europe of course.

There is no worse disease than subservience to evil.

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by drummerboyG

Yes, I've owned dogs.
Yes, you have no friends.

Thats the cool thing about humans, they'll be loyal to you and you don't even have to own them!

Any human can be turned against a 'friend' under the right circumstances. Even family. The worst you can do is kill a dog, they are loyal to the death. And if you think that it’s just because you feed them, think again. There are plenty of instances of coyotes or wolves offering a catch to a starving person in the wilderness. There really is some human-canine connection that goes back into the debts of time.

I’m not sure what my rescue mutt would do under similar circumstances, but it really doesn’t matter. I couldn’t ask for a more loyal, well behaved, affectionate companion. He hasn’t worn a collar or leash in years because he does exactly what I tell him. He’s earned that freedom, and if I get a ticket as a result, so be it. He’s warned me of tornadic storms approaching, let me know when I have an infection developing, and always crawls up in my lap and cheers me up when I’m feeling down. He also always seems to know when to steer clear if I’m ticked off. God sure blessed me good with this mutt.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join