It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams 'could be shown on computers'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
This technology that the Japanese claim to have developed is completely outdated. For over 20 years now US govt has mind control technology. They can read a person's mind and control it too through the satellite.

Coh, thats what tin foil hats are for, silly....

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
VERY VERY important Issue the subconscience and Memory

The brain is very powerful when it comes to the subconscience. It is able to understand far more than your conscience mind is. It is very hard to unlock the power of the subconscious brain power. The subconscious also knows a lot more and can pick up a lot more than you think.

It is widely believed that the subconscious mind can record our entire life. Now imagine that technology accessing that part and you can just play it as if your eyes were cameras and your brain just a tape recorder.

Now imagine that this technology is able to erase your memory and put new ones. It will be just like in the Matrix…You can have an entirely new life. Scary isn’t it? The Advantage of that could be that we can rehabilitate criminals by giving them a new life making them believe that they are good and law abiding citizens. Kids will not have to go to school all you need to do is load all subjects to taught in their brain like loading a program on a computer…that is really Coool…...What do you think?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It sounds interesting but I'm not totally sold.

They are going from "capturing images traveling from the eyes" to "being able to extrapolate dreams."

It sounds to me like there is an exponential gap in between the two. Its one thing to intercept visual neurons as they travel from the eyes to the brain. Quite another to intercept internal brain activity and reproduce it.

Just my layman opinion.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

Coh, thats what tin foil hats are for, silly....

sometimes the first to laugh are the last to realise.

It's always easiest to ridicule those concepts we don't understand.

In effect "Tin Hats" are primitive "Fahradays cages" which actually need to be earthed by an electrical connection (i.e. a wire connected to ground)
These devices have been in use for centuries.
(e.g. a head piece which has two metallic pigtails connect to a mantle which in turn is woven with metallic thread and earthed via a metal staff to ground. The pope's and bishops' regalia show the same configurations as do the crowns and sceptres used in the coronation of monarchs. Earthed chainmail worn by the crusading knights would have had a similar effect)

The point is this:
It is a known scientific fact that electro-magnetic waves cannot exist inside a Fahraday's cage. This means radio waves cannot penetrate within such a cage.
It is mostly considered by experts that telepathic waves and thoughts exist within the electromagnetic spectrum and as such are prevented from penetrating such a device.

I hope you are able to grasp these realities but then again if you don't, you could always make fun of those that do.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by I was that I am]

[edit on 11-12-2008 by I was that I am]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by biomehanika
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Maybe the US had this technology way before the Japanese but they never came public with it or there is no proof of its existence unless you can provide some.....

if there was "proof" of it, it wouldnt be "secret" now would it?

seriously guys, someone says "its a top secret" and then you ask for proof? cmon now, this is just absurd

or did you "ask for proof" just cuz you enjoy wasting your breath?

you do know what "Secret" means right?

Secret means "No Proof" btw

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

If it was really a secret then he would not have known about it or even discuss about it. I just wanted to know the source of his info.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I agree with you 100%, the ultimate lie detector.
And if their not lying, why not download some thoughts.
This would be interesting for personal use.....

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Humm , i was wondering , then perhaps it is a good thing I have a hard time visualizing things in my head? makes it harder to "spy" on me with that technology
hah

I know I can "see" things in a more or less black and white type of way , though it feels more like I simply know or feel something for what it really is than visualize it.

My dreams are also in black and white.

I started to practice focal and void meditation a few months ago , and these days while meditating with my closed eyes I actually saw the candle flame for a fraction of second and it scared the hell outta me haha , then it went back to normal ...

I am actually somewhat envious of people that easily visualize things in their heads and have vivid full coloured dreams !

I wonder what they would see if they tried that on my head or in the heads of those that have the same "problem" as I do.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

And of course, that could all get ridiculous, like in this current scramble over gene patents. I suppose that a company could patent a certain story in a dream or recurring pattern, and with all the weird stuff corporations are doing, I don't see this as too absurd. It would probably go on for awhile until someone files a billion dollar lawsuit or the Constitution is amended (assuming this tech gets to America with its present economy).

Now what would Ben Franklin say about that sort of amendment?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
They're coming out with a better technological solution. That would be... *drum roll*

Nanobots

brainstimulant.blogspot.com...
I personally say that if we could create our own Virtual Reality. That Virtual Reality could one day be recorded and downloaded onto computers, or on T.V.

On the year 2050 that is.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by Shrukin89]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
This technology that the Japanese claim to have developed is completely outdated. For over 20 years now US govt has mind control technology. They can read a person's mind and control it too through the satellite.

If that was true, then why are we hearing about the US government allowing interrogators to torture people for information?

I believe we wouldn't have heard of any interrogators torturing anybody if the US actually had this technology.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I've done some things in dreams that would put be in jail for a long, long time. I have no interest in having any of those things broadcast. Regardless, that would be some cool technology.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'd just like to post a link to my thread here on ats which ties in with this thread.

Machine that sends video and images direct to your mind.

Thank You

Darcy

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join