It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About what percentage of the people have taken a flu shot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Fortunately, I don't have to go over thimerosal, formaldehyde, sterilization agents, aluminum, cancer viruses, etc. in vaccines. On any other forum I would, but fortunately not here.

So my question: how many of you have taken a flu vaccine? How many of your family members, relatives have taken the flu vaccine? How many of your friends? In general, what % of the people you might randomly ask in your area?

Also, I am curious, what is the proper response to my doctor saying I "need" to take a flu shot? How does one convince his child to REFUSE vaccination?

Have public schools begun handing out vaccines to children, just like in Communist China and Russia?

Lastly, how does one convince a friend or family member to stay away from the needle?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It's flu season I'm curious just how many ATS folks actually took the vaccines...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
My mother has taken the flu jab as well as my dad.

I warned them beforehand not to take it but they see it as important *sigh*

I don't allow my children to have any jabs at all, not even for rubella and definitely not the MMR vaccine. When they reach high school they won't be having the jabs then either.

EDIT: over in the UK we have to sign before allowing our children to have jabs, if they (school or doctors office) insist they have the jabs without our permission I would pull them out of school. My children have a choice and I have already given them the information they need and I have asked them to reach their own decision , which they have, and that is they don't want jabs of any kind in their body.

I don't agree with vaccines, I am curious though as to how many people have had the flu jab already.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by BlackMumba]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
why?

I can vouch for at least 45 out of 90 in our office....

why wouldn't you get one? (be elaborate)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I counted, made phone calls and became a pest to answer this question for you

Out of 123 people I asked exactly 3 (all the same family) have had the flu shot. The rest of us agree...the flu shots are evil!

I'm lucky, my daughter,grandson,my mother and I all are allergic to the flu shot so we have a valid excuse to refuse them. Otherwise,I'd still refuse. We refuse all vaccines...it's not natural and the body needs to be able to build up it's own immune system to the things the government are exposing us to.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hi

I got a flu shot this year for the first time. I see a lot of people in my job, and I don't need to bring it home to my wife, who is having chemotherapy for breast cancer. (By the way, girls, check yourself. One in 8 have breast cancer. My wife didn't have any relatives with it.)

I was in the military. We got shots for everything. I think you guys are afraid you may be the 1 in a million that has a reaction. Think about it. If the big flu epidemic comes, and you don't have protection, oh well....

My uncle died in 1918 from the flu. He survived WWI.

You should encourage your families to get protected. These bugs don't care who you are. They kill.

Heck, I knew one guy who didn't take care of his teeth. He got an infection that went into his brain, and he spent the rest of his life in a mental hospital.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I am no fan of the flu shot. Not because I believe it's filled with "NWO black magic".

It's only full up with a best guess of what viruses will be the "flu" that year.

I'm very healthy, something I attribuite to God and the spiritual quest. So there really is no reason for me to take a flu shot.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Last time I got a flu shot was over 35 years ago. I have never felt better in my life and never catch any serious flu or fever for that matter.

The whole flu shot scare scam is just that. Our bodies have evolved over time to develop natural immunities and are able to adapt and become immune to new ailments. There is NO need to flood your veins with pharmecutical junk.

Most of the people I have talked to about the flu boohoo shots told me they got sick and felt like crap after it and always catch flu's and fevers even more now.

Those shots will only ruin your body's natural defenses. So why fix something that isnt broken!!!

Cheers!!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
We get free ones handed out at work.

There was about 35 people including myself that had the shot (no adverse reactions by the way)

My grandparents have had ones...no problems

And one of my elderly neighbours has had one, but got a bad cold 5 months later

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
i don't think its a good idea! The reason being is the virus is mutating all the time or evolving... They inject you with a later version of the mutation, meaning it will probably make you worse combined with the newer mutation.

It has absolutely no effect, but makes your immune system worse than before. If you want to avoid getting flu or any other virus's keep your body in good shape, eat healthily and exercise a couple of hours a day!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Poet Of Deception
i don't think its a good idea! The reason being is the virus is mutating all the time or evolving... They inject you with a later version of the mutation, meaning it will probably make you worse combined with the newer mutation.

It has absolutely no effect, but makes your immune system worse than before. If you want to avoid getting flu or any other virus's keep your body in good shape, eat healthily and exercise a couple of hours a day!

I agree! I think eating healthy and taking care of your body will be enough. Your immune system is there for a reason why pump your body full of toxins?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I work in an enclosed area with 190 other people so when my employer (government) offered us the shot for free, I signed up for it. I didnt get the flu so i am pretty happy about that. Quite a few people around me did get the flu though but I dont know if they had the shot or not.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Wrong thread

[edit on 11-12-2008 by BlackMumba]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Hi

I got a flu shot this year for the first time. I see a lot of people in my job, and I don't need to bring it home to my wife, who is having chemotherapy for breast cancer. (By the way, girls, check yourself. One in 8 have breast cancer. My wife didn't have any relatives with it.)

I was in the military. We got shots for everything. I think you guys are afraid you may be the 1 in a million that has a reaction. Think about it. If the big flu epidemic comes, and you don't have protection, oh well....

My uncle died in 1918 from the flu. He survived WWI.

You should encourage your families to get protected. These bugs don't care who you are. They kill.

Heck, I knew one guy who didn't take care of his teeth. He got an infection that went into his brain, and he spent the rest of his life in a mental hospital.

Good luck.

I hoped I wouldn't have to go over the basics but it looks like I have to other choice.

A good place to start is "Mercury, Autism and the Global Vaccine Agenda": video.google.com...

And 2 web sites full of articles and videos:
909shot.com...
awakentothetruth.com...

Listen to a whistleblower from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation talk about vaccines and pharmaceuticals, powerful interview: alexjonespodcasts.com... , Friday 9-26-08, 2nd hour.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I haven't tooken the flu shot for 3 years straight. My sisters didn't take it this year.

My dad didn't take it this year.... yet my mom did.

they wanted me to take the flu shot since I have asthma and they said that it's possible that the flu can kill me..well trigger a asthma attack and kill me.

I live in michigan.. this year so far in the winter I wear short sleeves. I didn't get sick yet.

I got sick in the fall... because both my sisters work at a hospital and came home with stuff that been floating around the hospital.

I forgot to take my vitamin C... so I got sick. I usually take my vitamins and vitamin C... and herbs.

I still do that and I don't get sick unless I forget to the vitamin C and herbs. Then I might get a chance to get sick.

when I was sick in the fall.. I had bronchitis and the doc checked my oxygen level and it was very low.

They said that if I didn't go to the doctors I would of died with a low oxygen level. I was sick for a week before I went to the docs... I didn't want to go and tried my herbs which didn't help much.

So my dad was bugging me saying to go to the doctors since we still do health insurance.

So I went on the monday starting next week in fall.

I seriously don't plan on taking the flu shot anytime soon...

I used to take it ever since I was little. I just stopped 3 years ago and didn't get the flu at all.

I notice even when I got the flu when I had the flue shot... It was still pretty bad.

I also notice that I got the flu whenever I had a flu shot in those years.. I had the flu.

ever since I stop taking flue shots I don't really get that sick as long I take my vitimins and herbs I can walk in the winter weather with a short sleeve shirt without getting sick.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I fell for the propaganda a few years ago and got the shots, having a reaction of pain, swelling and inability to use my arm for several days.

Then I read about the toxic ingredients and have not had a shot for four years. I should also mention that I have not had so much as a cold for about seven years, all probably due to the supplements I take--lots of antioccidents to build the immune system.

IMHO, this is nothing more than Big Pharma making money off you. Eat healthy, take your supplements and you don't need flu shots.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Few years ago, I was in the military, and prior to deployment we had to have certain Immunizations, and the flu shot was one of them. I had the first one, and withing two weeks due to a loss of my "shot record" they were unable to verify it. so I ended up having another.

I ended up with a rather rare side effect to any immunization. I contracted a syndrome called Guillain Barre Syndrome. Seeing as the flu shot was my only immunization prior to contracting this. the Docs agreed it was the cause/root of the syndrome, wich later was diagnosed as CIDP(Chronic Inflammatory Demyleniating Poly-Neuropathy) essentially a more chronic form of GBS. and was later medically retired from the military.

Since then, I don't do flu shots

For info on Guillain Barre Syndrome:
www.ninds.nih.gov...

And

CIDP:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I won't take the flu shot. I don't give it to my kids and my husband doesn't take it. You can't be sure the shot will protect you from the flu as there are so many different strains of the virus. No one in my immediate family has had the flu for years and my children have never had it. I think we are lucky in the fact that so far we have had strong immune systems.

I did give my kids the usual vaccines though. Tetnus, measles, mumps.

top topics

join