It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else has forgiven Fox News?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I noticed before the election a few of you were outraged at Fox News due to its 'real or imagined' anti Obama stance. I didn't contribute to any of the threads about it but at the time I too was disgusted with Fox (my previously favourite news channel) and couldn't watch it for more than a few minutes without changing channels. At one stage I was so pissed at them that I vowed never to tune in again, lol.

Now that the election is over though and things have gotten back to normal - I find I've forgiven them and once again tune in most days.

How about you?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
no way! they are still bias in my opinion. always with the snide remarks and such. i too used to love fox, but it was for the non-boring reporting that just got old. i will take boring cnn over them any day.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
When the other choices you have for cable news is CNN and MSNBC, at least Fox has some people on both sides of the issues. MSNBC is 100% far-left, and CNN still smells of Ted Turner, even though he's not involved any more.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
That news organization is guilty of alot more than just the recent O-BAHH-ma stuff.

Try going back the last 15 years and discover how much they "fluxed" stuff.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
CNN Favors Democratic

FOX Favors Republican.

I watch for basic stuff, but get better news online.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I don't watch the news channels, but Fox is my choice of radio. For PE's reasons.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
pammy K
your post made me laugh ... i must admit it was all their snide innuendos that really got to me in the first place. but if anything they're not boring ... i guess that's what's drawing me back.

profesemiritus
some? all i've noted is alan colmes so of course he's my favourtite character out of the lot. and bill oreilly is my least fav, lol.

rfburns
true? i've not been watching for that long.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

profesemiritus
some? all i've noted is alan colmes so of course he's my favourtite character out of the lot. and bill oreilly is my least fav, lol.

Well, then I guess you don't watch as much FoxNews as you say you do.
Liberal FoxNews contributors include:
Juan Williams
Bob Beckel, Democratic Strategist
Lanny Davis, of Clinton fame
Ellen Ratner, one of the most liberal people on TV
Geraldine Ferraro, past Democratic VP nominee

In addition, Bill O'Reilly is a Libertarian, not a Republican or Conservative.

BTW, why don't you use the "Reply to" facility of ATS? Maybe that way you wouldn't mangle people's names.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

profesemiritus

Well, then I guess you don't watch as much FoxNews as you say you do.
Liberal FoxNews contributors include:
Juan Williams
Bob Beckel, Democratic Strategist
Lanny Davis, of Clinton fame
Ellen Ratner, one of the most liberal people on TV
Geraldine Ferraro, past Democratic VP nominee

In addition, Bill O'Reilly is a Libertarian, not a Republican or Conservative.

BTW, why don't you use the "Reply to" facility of ATS? Maybe that way you wouldn't mangle people's names.
That sure was rude!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

admittedly i've not heard of any of those people you mentioned. "obviously" i'm a liar or perhap Fox doesn't air over here what they do there?

As for Bill O, I didn't call him anything except my least favourite announcer on Fox news.

does it really matter? you got the message no? sheesh!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

That sure was rude!

No, what was rude was the fact that a poster mangled my name, and didn't take the time to spell it correctly. In addition, if people are going to post on ATS, they should learn how to use the facilities correctly. That is why the ATS developers have taken considerable effort to create those facilities.
Other than that, I merely stated the facts. Since all of those Fox contributors are on several times a week, the poster could not be watching Fox very often, if she was not familiar with any of them. Juan Williams is on 5 days a week, unless he is on vacation.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
I noticed before the election a few of you were outraged at Fox News due to its 'real or imagined' anti Obama stance. I didn't contribute to any of the threads about it but at the time I too was disgusted with Fox (my previously favourite news channel) and couldn't watch it for more than a few minutes without changing channels. At one stage I was so pissed at them that I vowed never to tune in again, lol.

Now that the election is over though and things have gotten back to normal - I find I've forgiven them and once again tune in most days.

How about you?

Why forgive?! Who cares?!
They don't give to $#!^$ about you forgiving them.
Fox, CNN etc are all mis-feeding you anyhow. They
don't even to appear to be NEWS for that matter anyhow.
It's people with different views debating their political
views. None of them simply deliver the news, and if
they happen to for a brief minute, it's all controlled anyhow.
Shut the TV off.

Forgive?! Your as good as chipped.

WAKE UP!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

rfburns
true? i've not been watching for that long.

The FOX news network started about 2 years after the FOX network went online back in the early 90's. 91 or 92 I believe. It was and is a perfect tool of manipulation. The news on there is not news, its more like news presented in a shell of entertainment value, and in order for it to sustain attention, it has to be "freshend up" somewhat.

Its easy to spot it because if you study how the different news networks present the material, soon you will see which ones are more likely to be reporting the real story vs the ones spreading glitter and glamour on it to make it more appealing and giving it entertainment value.

Its actually quite sad. You can get far more truth out of a forign country's news program than you could from ANY US based newscast.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

oh but they did give a toss.
for a while there they were going on and on about how the polls suggested that they were so 'fair and balanced'. all this after a tonne of people screamed out that they weren't.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

that is a bit sad isn't it.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Sir,I find myself agreeing heartily with most of your posts, but not here. Fox editorial ( as is their right) may slant , but name another network that gives the opposition the same forum to respond. Not wanting to argue, just saying.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

oh but they did give a toss.
for a while there they were going on and on about how the polls suggested that they were so 'fair and balanced'. all this after a tonne of people screamed out that they weren't.

Exactly. You have been lied to.
Rupert Murdoch is Globalizing news
so they can ease you into globalization.

Seriously though, shut the TV off.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

tell me what shutting off the tv will achieve?
just wondering.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

tell me what shutting off the tv will achieve?
just wondering.

Less lies being told to you & lower electric bill.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

that is a bit sad isn't it.

It is indeed. But that particular news network isnt the only one. The well known major 3 who have been around since the hey day of black and white fuzzy round picture tube television are also just as guilty of sunshining the news as Fox is.

Granted in the very early years they were honest and reported it as it was, as ol Kronkite used to say "And thats the way it was", used to be very true. Now that is no more.

Its a good idea to surf the news networks just as one would surf the net for various sources of information and then come to a final conclusion. As I said, you can get far more truth from a forign source about US news than you can find from a US source. And that is the saddest part about it.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join