It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assisted Suicide Tonight On British TV...What do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I've always had a tug of war with myself over the concept of euthanasia...

I believe we should have a choice but there are so many different good and bad situations that might arise when legalizing euthanasia it would be impossible to make up my mind either way...wouldn't it? What are the moral implications of being involved?

I can clearly imagine the unfortunate yet positive outcome of being allowed an assisted death for those involved when all parties are in support but there will be different cases where things are not so clear...for an obvious example, a situation that makes me think is...

Mr A wants an assisted death, Mrs supports but daughter and son A do not support. Would those helping the father die not forever remain murderers in two young peoples eyes?

I don't know, what do you think?

Some people are not very happy about the documentary being aired here in the uk...

www.cbc.ca...

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Odins Advocate]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have NEVER been able to understand why we don't question putting down an animal who is in pain and would surely die, yet we deny the same to our fellow man.
To me, this is not suicide. It needs to be redefined.
For anyone who has watched the suffering of a loved one it is gut wrenching, and that person should be allowed to make all decisions about their health in life and DEATH.
I was at my mother's bedside when she died in pain of terminal cancer.
The doctor's allowed her to sign a DNR order. Would that not be seen as a way of choosing her own death?
It was difficult, but she was freed from pain and suffering. Isn't that what we all want for those we love? If there is truly no hope of recovery....
I say..let them have peace.

new topics

join