It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

premonitions of death?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I ma particularly interested in premonitions as this past year I have had far too many.
Actually it started 3 years ago when Mom got cancer. I knew she was sick but we didn't see any symptoms yet, I knew she was going to die and for a week i expected the call at my work that she had died during the night. Finally the feeling of dread was so overwhelming I had a breakdown (Mom had refused to go to the hospital even as she had begun getting very ill and could now barely move). Finally Mom went to the hospital that night because I was panicking so badly and we found out she was hours away form death. Her blood pressure was 28 over 113. And no, I don't have the numbers reversed.

Anyway, mom had a two year battle with Lymphoma. I bought a place for us to get her away form my dad, moved her in, and 5 months after everything had begun she was declared cancer free. I never believed it, but took it in stride. that was January 2007. By October I had to call an ambulance to get her to the hospital due to how ill she had become again. I knew in July and I think she did too. We both somehow knew she wouldnt come out of the hospital again. The minute the ambulance took her away on October 27th I knew by January 15th she would be dead. when the hospital called me a year ago today, Sadly I wasnt surprised other than my date was off. She wasn't to make it another 2 days. She held on until January 7tyh so my premonition was 1 week off. So after Mom died, I was holding our dog. I got an image in my mind of her being dead by November and hoped I was wrong. For a couple of months after I was so freaked and I held her like there was no tomorrow. October 27th, my dog of 11 years died suddenly over 1 weekend. My second death premonition came true within a week of the date I had seen.

I admit this has really freaked me out. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I could see nice things coming but these visions stress me out and its then a waiting game to see if I am unfortunately right.

I think what really scares me is I have seen another death and its my own by the time I'm 45 in 7 years. It worries me that 2 out of 2 visions have been right. I'm hoping this 3rd one isn't.

Anyone else ever have this type of thing happen to them?

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Bastet1999]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
My mother also had a premonition before she died on Father's Day 1991. Her Father died on Mother's Day in 1990. My mother died at the same age as my Father at 61. He died in 1978 on November 3rd. My mother's premonition of travelling down to a beautiful garden then as she was coming back up, she started having breathing problems. A little boy appeared before her and said "Here, let me help you". Then she woke up. Unfortunately, I was the one to find out what her premonition meant. I checked a dream interpretation book we had and I told her. "Your dream maybe about death or it maybe something else." I checked to see if the dream meant something else other than death. The garden means we may win a big prize soon. Then I checked to find if the dream meant death. I found the interpretation. I told her "You don't want to know". She got agitated. I confessed that her dream may be interpreted as a Death preomonition.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hmmm, can't say it has.
Nor do I want it to.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I hope that your premonition days are over and that nothing more happens. You have been through too much already.

My heart goes out to you for what you have been through. It is horrible to watch someone you love die, especially when the illness lingers and you know that death is imminent. I can only imagine how having a premonition of such made it that much more difficult.

Prayers and blessings to you as you go through the greiving process.

Jemison

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bastet1999

I have experienced many death premonitions. All but one came to me via dreams. The one that didn't was a sort of vision. I saw my neighbor, a young beautiful mom and her daughter leaving our neighborhood one day in their car. For a moment, I saw the car mangled and the mother bloody and dead. A few months later (always within 6 months for me) the mother and daughter we hit by a drunk driver in that car and the mom was killed. She was nearly cut in half, there was a lot of blood.

I have dreamed the deaths of many people connected to me or people I know. One was a schoolmate of my son. I dreamed in September of this child's death (he was 10) and he died in early February. (my grandmother died the same day)

I dreamed of a step-aunt I hadn't seen in years. Every day for a week I'd wake to her silhouette in my bedroom, I was working for her estranged brother. I mentioned this to him and he called another family member to check in. Turns out she was in a coma. He raced to her bedside and got to say he was sorry and goodbye before she died.

My dad - In October I became sickened with grief and dread. I knew a death, a big one, was coming and I couldn't stop it. I was in anguish for 7 weeks. Even when my grandfather died in late November I still knew something bigger was coming. I suspected but I couldn't say for sure who it was. On December 7th my father keeled over in front of us. That was the big one.

Don't laugh, but I dreamed Tim Russert died 30 days before his death, I saw the breaking news report in a dream "Tim Russert collapsed at his studio today...")- I even dvr'd his program the following Sunday in search of a healthy Tim (I absolutely loved his show). Sure enough he looked fine to me. The day he died I learned about it from a breaking news report, identical to the one in my dream a month earlier.

On a Friday night one summer, I dreamed of a friend of mine's father standing with my late father. My dad was telling my friend's dad that everything would be okay. I saw blood and a big fire in my dream. I didn't feel I knew anyone in the fire but I felt a death. Early that Sunday morning immediately following Friday, my friend's family and mine were all camping together; we awoke to a phone call that my friends brother in law had just be killed in a plane crash. I had never met the man but he lived through the impact (like most on that plane) and he died in the subsequent fire.

There are many more of these stories in my life. I'd dream things but never with enough info to help anyone - I asked God to take the dreams away unless I could be helpful.

And then the latest round came:
In the past month I have had two dreams of my brother being murdered. We don't live an exciting or criminal life, so a murder is 1000% weird for me to be dreaming, especially of this brother. I called him after dream 2 and gave him all the details of a situation I have absolutely NO direct knowlege of. It turns out that I can identify the players and the circumstances pretty well from my dreams. My brother said he's doing some business out of the country and the locals are now stealing his product and equipment: it's a nasty deal. He has a partner who has been trustworthy for years but there are others in the circle that are not so good. I feel the danger is coming from them but that the trusted one will betray my brother and that will ultimately result in my brother's death. Another brother of mine is also dreaming of the murder. We have common elements in our dreams. The other brother who is dreaming was also in my dream last night. We said we both knew and we couldn't stop it. I'm begging my brother not to travel; I am certain he will be killed. I can't explain the level of certitude and clarity I have on this: I just hope I can convince him to stay away.
LBRANN

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
My husband gets a nervous stomach and becomes almost teary eyed preceding the death of family members. It has happened for my dad, his aunt and my grandmother.

Maybe it's co-incidence but he is the sort that doesn't usually cry.

top topics

join