It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rescuing the dead Time-Team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Back in 2001, Douglas Speirs, Fife Council's archaeologist, received an application from a local developer to build houses on some farmland on the outskirts of Leven. While doing his research into whether the site contained anything of archaeological interest that should be investigated prior to any development, Douglas found that a cist burial had been discovered on the site in the mid-1940s. A cist is a Bronze-Age stone-lined pit, like a small chamber, into which dead people were interred.

Following a further evaluation of the site, Douglas found that the development area contained not one, but possibly eight individual cist burials collected into what looked like a prehistoric cemetery. What was this 4,000-year-old site all about? Douglas invited Time Team to lend a hand.

programme link

Time Team site

Related Links

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This was in my local paper back in 2001....i am from Fife...about a 20 min ride from Leven.

I do remember them havin an exhibit in the mueseum and art gallery in my home town of kirkcaldy a few days after the find were catalogued...they were brilliant.

when i find the link i will post it

Nice find Seven...well done

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
you can read about the dig and also the background to it on my website here:

www.ttforumfriends.com...

new topics

join