It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deus Ex - Best Conspiracy Video Game Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If you've never heard of it, I urge you to buy it NOW. It's an amazing game, and I can't believe I almost missed out on it. It was made in 1997, with a Prequel due out in 2010. To get an idea of what the game involves, here's a wiki quote:

Conspiracies are one of the main themes of Deus Ex, and the game draws heavily upon popular real world conspiracy theories for many of its plot elements. These include speculations regarding black helicopters, vaccinations, and FEMA, as well as Area 51, the ECHELON network, Men in Black, cow mutilations, chupacabras (in the form of "greasels"), and Greys. Mysterious groups such as Majestic 12, the Illuminati, the Knights Templar, the Bilderberg Group and the Trilateral Commission also either play a central part in the plot, or are alluded to during the course of the game.

During sections of the game where the New York skyline is visible in the background, the two towers of the World Trade Center are noticeably missing; the real towers were destroyed a year after the game was released. Harvey Smith has explained that due to texture memory limitations, the portion of the skyline with the twin towers exists in the game's data files but had to be left out of the final game, with the other half mirrored in place of it. According to Smith, during the game's development, the developers justified the lack of the towers by stating that terrorists had destroyed the World Trade Center earlier in the game's storyline.[34]

Can you believe that?? The twin towers were missing in the game, and "terrorists destroying them" were part of the storyline... a year before 9/11!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidU

Excelent!

I enjoyed that game way back when.

Also this subject kind of goes along with one of my posts I Did
"Most Prophetic Sci-FI"
Where I make the arguement about Sci-fi predicting some future events and Video games are part of Sci-Fi

No I wont shamelessly link to it on your thread I dont like it when people do that to me so I wont do that to you
Great post

Star flagged

[edit on 10-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I haven't played it recently, but I remember playing it the first time and being pretty blown away. I loved it, and I had no idea a prequel was coming out. Super exciting!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidU

Yeah no prediction there!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
One of the best pc games ever...

two lines

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Funny you brought this to everyone's attention. I'm a big console gamer and had never heard of this game until yesterday.

Needless to say I ordered it (hard to find a copy!!!!) and am having it over-nighted lol.....i know.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
never played ... thanx for the info

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I bought this game the first week it came out for pc and boy was i pleased.

It is still the original and best in my opinion when it comes to conspiracy games and has a good replay value to it.

Deus Ex 2 is good as well but not quite as excellent.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
got it the first day it came out! best game ever made hands down no competition.
The second game sucked, well it was a good game if taken on it own merits but lets be honest, trying to follow an act like deus ex is pretty though!
Cant wait for deus ex 3!

new topics

top topics

join