It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderatly safe login???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
[edited by me]
New Question:
Has anyone ever used a login like this ? Do you know if it is moderatly safe?? (I'm not using credit card #'s or anything to big)
www.freewebz.com...

I found it here for reference...www.dynamicdrive.com...

Thanks, Andy

[Edited on 21-1-2003 by William]

[Edited on 21-1-2003 by shockff]

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Andy...

Since we've been hacked ourselves, ATS has a no-tolerance point of view about hacking. (sorry) We will not tolerate discussions of hacking.

The only way to prevent a computer from being hacking is to disconnect it from the Internet.

Short of that, more solid security can be obtained with an application server that maintains session state of the user (confirms user authority, at the server level, before serving each page). PHP can be used in this way, but talented hackers can forcefeed PHP database queries to spoof session security. Cold Fusion is the next more reliable choice, not because is better, but because there are fewer CF developers, thus, a smaller universe of hackers that care to attack Cold Fusion sites.

Feel free to discuss system security, not hacking concepts.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 05:26 AM
link   
shockff,

Feel free to U2U me any question's you have. ATS seem's a bit more paronoid about hacking than it should be.
You can also e-mail me at e-nonymous@hushmail.com Personally, I wouldn't trust a site password protected like that... wouldn't be to to hard to get through.

join