It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Coin Set

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I work master control at a very small infomercial TV station in North Carolina. Today, I received on my desk a BetaSP Tape of, you guessed it, Barack Obama Commemorative coins, from Tristar Products. I knew it was just going to be a matter of time before we saw these, but I didnt think it would be this soon. I have alot going on right now here at work, so i will post more after i review the tape, but it may have to wait until tomorrow.

I just thought this would be a nice place to bring this up for discussion, or not, whatever.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The commercial cracks me up. It says 'Obama's kind eyes ... '

I'll save my $$ for something more important - like my daughters braces.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hey I have five sets of those coins...
each in it's own lovely display case right in front of my door on the counter so every day Obama's kind eyes will give me the inspiration I need before going to work. Ha ha just kidding.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have seen the commercial and agree it's pretty cheesy. I have one question though. Why is this in the conspiracy forum? What is the conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yah I saw this on TV too. Very funny the way they present it... the man's not even done anything in office yet, but yet he deserves to be commemorated on a coin. And compared and associated with JFK no less.
Btw... the coins just look hideous.... who buys this crap?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have seen the Obama coin set infomercial. It made me twitchy - like it almost said "This guy will be assassinated upon his first 5 minutes in office - get your commemorative coins while they last!...".
I think it's just something to keep the Obama machine running - cashing in on his momentum and (if I may state this w/o sounding racist) his being the 1st 'black' President - since the media can't seem to get enough of that.

My favorite Obama collectible is this one Obama though.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hello Readers,

I am the person who originally designed the Obama colorized coins with the unique 'knock-out' design which Tristar ripped off from me and my company. A knock-out is when we intentionally left part of the coin exposed. Believe it or not, but no one had ever thought to do this before. We had copyrighted the design, and the knock-out feature and I am pleased to say that we sued Tristar for their plagiarism. You will no longer be seeing these commercials, or their knock-off designs. Being the artist who originally created these designs you might understand why I feel the need to express my feelings of sorrow for all the people who are buying imitations. So for all of you who enjoyed their cheesy commercials, I am sorry that you will not be seeing them anymore. If you would like the original set, which cost more to produce and are of much higher quality, please look on the home shopping network's website. Happy holidays to everyone!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Anybody want a $5 I painted half black?

Only $15!!!

Hurry while supplies last.

Did I mention it's to commemorate Obama's election?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well, I got the coins. I wanted something to commemorate the historic event, not so much that he has done anything, but it is an accomplishment for the race just to get him in. They are pretty nice too. Yeah the media is blowing up the 1st black president idea, but we should be proud and support him not start knocking it off the break before he even get started. This is why I had said Obama being in office is not going to make but so much of a difference, Things will not really change until the people change. Stop viewing everything so negatively and try to be as positive as possible about what could happen if we all go in supporting this man instead of sitting back watching waiting for something to go wrong just to then claim we knew it was gonna happen and blame it on the white man. The crab syndrome is old and tired, the negative prophet black preson is old and tired! If you knew it was gonna happen why didn't you make more of an effort to try to stop it? And why you trying to pull back somebody who you could just as easily work your way up to? Yes he has a coin, yes they are kind of jumping the gun since he has not actually done anything in office yet, but it's not about that. If you guys are being this critically of him before he steps foot in the white house I hate to see what you do when he actually gets in there. hope he never sneezes, gets a cold or sleeps with his eyes blinking too fast cause you will be on here criticizing that too.l How about we all jsut enjoy the moment, and work on us? We know companies gonna commercialize him it's too big not to jump on the band wagon and make some money, but that doesn't give reason to start speculating him.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

i would have said something, but i have NO CHOICE with what we air, As i just do what i am told.

I must say, Montell Williams looks very classy through out the program.

it is a good thing. it is infact a historic thing for African Americans, and i believe that he is human, and capable of being human with all the pitfalls and victories that can be achieved by humanity. I wouldnt buy the coins myself though, because it would be like putting all your money on a random team to win the super bowl during the pre game season.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

(snip)

I wouldnt buy the coins myself though, because it would be like putting all your money on a random team to win the super bowl during the pre game season.

Considering how the Detroit Lions have been playing that may have been the way to go at the beginning of the season. (chuckle)

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The only thing I would like to know, do these coins have "In God We Trust" on them?

top topics

join