It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New racist web browser!!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I am wondering something; are you an American?
In your recent post, I noticed a few things; I've been up for a long time, so perhaps you could help me understand.

Originally posted by ANOK
western governments are the worst terrorists there has ever been.

Truly? After Rome sabatoged the entirety of the ancient world, after Atilla the Hun and the Khans, after the rise of Nazi Germany and Communist Russia, you truly believe that the worst governments are the ones in the west? Even if governmental success and fairness had some accidental correlation to geographical location, your statement doesn't make sense. Remarkable; perhaps your geography is confused, perhaps you're choosing which parts of history to believe, or perhaps you have access to some tome of forgotten lore, the likes of which I'm not aware.

We have this problem now because of the past actions of 'white westerners', you can't just ignore the past.

Truly? Can you prove this; if so, please provide factual evidence. I do agree; you can't ignore the past.

If you feel your culture is being unfairly discriminated against by 'western white culture' then go do something about it. Don't whine when other people do.

Pardon me if I seem out of line, but given your overall tone throughout this forum, you've no right to bother anybody about whining.

Well that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, as you are yours.

This is where I began wondering if you're American, by the way. Just thought I'd let you know.

Western governments have been creating genocide for years.

Creating? My dear friend, you're quite mistaken; genocide was invented, by the earliest accepted account, by the Hebrews when they took the land of Canaan. I'm afraid the concept of genocide by far outdates the white man's knowledge of a western world.

All I mentioned was the stolen culture and re-written and suppressed history. Slavery is not the sole cause of that, capitalism is.

Culture is "stolen" by every race. Culteral development only occurs when cultures meet or are forced to change; you speak as though either you're completely unaware of the sociological factors involved in societal development, or as though thousands of years of growth and civilization have been wrong.

If you support the system that used it, and is still benefiting from it, then you have to accept the history that goes with it imo.
We're all slaves to the white capitalist system. We're all 'n-word's to the ruling elite.

And this, Anok, is why I wonder if you're American. I'll explain why once you've replied.
Every system known to the human race which has been employed at any known point in time has employed slavery. Rome was built by the enslaved conquered, the Great Wall of China was built upon the broken bodies of enslaved civillians; even the catholic church has employed some means of slavery. The history is written, known, and accepted; should we further regret it? Shall we attempt to make amends to every man, woman, and child whose ancestors underwent oppression at some point in history? After all, you can't ignore the past. How can you justly ignore the suffering of everybody else?
Furthermore, who are you calling a 'n-word'? I have yet to meet one of these elusive 'n-word's, and am certain that I am not one of them; can you provide an example of a 'n-word' for me? Are 'n-word's like slaves, Anok? Do they serve the ruling elite; tell me truly, my dear friend.
I serve no man. I ignore no history. I've oppressed no one, nor have I stolen anything. Either I'm one unique western individual, or you have much to explain to me.

(grammar edit)

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Malfeitor]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

Lol, ok ta! I think I was reading too much into things then, thought it were rather funny due to the fact it was word for word perfect apart from the change of one word. Plus it was late last night when I read it (and after a few Margheritas!) so that's my excuse

I don't, however, agree that this is racist. Meh, I don't see what difference two different web browsers make. And the end of the day the internet serves its purpose, doesn't it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Hey mate I found this just for you, your very own website...

Irish Culture and Irish Customs

I hope that helps you feel less left out, and I hope those nasty anti-Irish folks don't accuse your site of being racist...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I don't see why it is racist. It is not forbidden to register or download when you are white. It is just that the content probably wouldn't be so interesting for white people.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well from a marketing perspective, you aren't going to steal market share if you try to sway people from firefox and some of the other really nice web browsers so you have to aim for a niche market unless you can someone innovate beyond the competitors. Look at how much money BET brings in and the other niche black magazines. If you were to replace the wording with "whites", it wouldn't sell to whites - pretty safe to say. I'm not sure how many blacks on the other hand would go for this sort of thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malfeitor
Truly? After Rome sabatoged the entirety of the ancient world, after Atilla the Hun and the Khans, after the rise of Nazi Germany and Communist Russia

Well done you got one out of three, yes Russia is in the East but Rome and Germany lol? As far as I can tell Russia was never any worse than any western government, as you noted Germany and Italy, and not to mention again the British and what they did in India and Africa, is up there with anything Russia did. Your his-story only reflects what they want you to believe.

(We have this problem now because of the past actions of 'white westerners', you can't just ignore the past.)
Truly? Can you prove this; if so, please provide factual evidence. I do agree; you can't ignore the past.

Without going back to my original thread I forget the original context of that comment, but answer this why are Africans in America?
Did they jump on boats, chain themselves up and make themselves work for nothing in a strange and foreign land? Who is it that has stolen much of their culture and sold it for profit? It wasn't little green men...

Pardon me if I seem out of line, but given your overall tone throughout this forum, you've no right to bother anybody about whining.

Oh, I have a tone? That's funny I thought I was just 'denying ignorance'.
You just don't like what I'm saying.

This is where I began wondering if you're American, by the way. Just thought I'd let you know.

Why does it matter if I'm American or not? What difference does it make? Why does what I said make you wonder if I'm American?
Am I being 'un-American' or something lol?

Creating? My dear friend, you're quite mistaken; genocide was invented

Yeah whatever, now you're arguing semantics...

I didn't mean whites had a monopoly on, or 'invented' genocide either, just pointing out that no one is innocent.

Culture is "stolen" by every race. Culteral development only occurs when cultures meet or are forced to change...

That is true to an extent. But nothing has been stolen quite like black music and fashion. Sorry but that wasn't 'cultural development' it was a complete rip-off, and has made a lot of people rich who are no better than common thieves. They just have the law on their side, and now class a show of hands, who know who writes all the laws?

Sorry but it didn't happen over thousand of years, it only took a couple for elvis to steal hound dog, and a couple more for black music to be shipped over seas repackaged and returned as the 'British Invasion'...

And this, Anok, is why I wonder if you're American. I'll explain why once you've replied.

OK, not that I really care lol. It won't make any difference to me where you think I'm from, but it's no secret.

Yes slavery has been used by everyone blah blah blah, again why do you all keep bringing up slavery, I DIDN'T. I was talking about the recent theft and suppression of culture and history.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Big deal, get over it!!! THIS WEBSITE IS RACIST a are (what seems to me to be) most people who use it. Just look at the countless Obama attacks in posts & threads and EVEN ATS E-MAILERS!!!

...and I didn't vote for him!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I live in a multicultural suburb of London in the UK. The few houses each side of us are made up from the following nationalities and ethnic backgrounds: English, Welsh, Egyptian, Chinese, Indian, English (that's us), Pakistani, Polish, Argentinian. It is typical of the area.

None of the different nationalities mix with each other, many of the people don't speak English, the language of our nation, and nobody knows anyone else's name. It is now a dysfunctional society, and it is common all over the UK.

So, if someone wants a 'Black' internet search engine or browser, give it to them, because the vast majority of 'Black' people don't really want to integrate. The question is though, is western society adult enough to allow there to be internet search engines for Yellow', 'Brown' and 'White' people too.

Try and set up the'White Police Officers' Assocation', the 'Yellow' Residents Association, or the 'Brown' Workers' Club, then we'd hear all about it from the race hate industry lawyers.

I genuinely don't care about the colour (English spelling) of anyone's skin, but it is a pity that many Black, Brown & Yellow people do, and it causes a divisive society.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sure the website and the browser doesn't meet the definition of "Racism" to a 'T'.. But it still remains that this is self-segregation and if white people were doing it alot of people would be screaming racism. Do you think that the civil rights movement fought for this kind of thing? If this line of thought is continued we will be right back to black only sections in restaurants and black only bathrooms because "We would like to foster more of a community atmosphere for African Americans". Call it what you want, but I will call it what it is. Segregation, except this time they are doing it voluntarily.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
lets make one for Mexicans too then white people have IE or FIREFOX African Americans have blackbird and Mexicans have brownback lol j/k i still think this is racist

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Well from a marketing perspective, you aren't going to steal market share if you try to sway people from firefox and some of the other really nice web browsers so you have to aim for a niche market unless you can someone innovate beyond the competitors. Look at how much money BET brings in and the other niche black magazines. If you were to replace the wording with "whites", it wouldn't sell to whites - pretty safe to say. I'm not sure how many blacks on the other hand would go for this sort of thing.

Well the truth of the matter is that this browser basically is firefox with a blackbird name and logo. The only work done was re-coloring a theme that someone else created. Some links were added that points to black websites. That's about all the innovation that was done. Heck why not a gay browser or better yet an ATS browser! 99.5% of this Blackbird browser is Firefox.

Why not just give their links to black related websites instead of downloading a whole browser?

[edit on 11/12/2008 by toochaos4u]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
most ats members say racist or bigoted things. the browser has not.
if african americans want a web browser, so what?
if you don't like it, don't use it.
out of sight, out of mind.
complain about real racism..rag on the white, black hate spewing organizations.
the browser is the least of your worries.
but hey, what would ats be without someone harping on and on about "perceived" slights and lame jokes about what the browser links.
this site has become a true disappoint to me.
its logo says deny ignorance and yet it returns day after day.
i honestly believe some repliers to this post would be more comfortable at stormwatch and other hate-filled websites.
oh, and by the way to all who cite BET as what black folks like?
that network, in my opinion, shows blacks in a negative light.
the black gossip site, bossip, is also an example of self-hate disguised as entertainment.
both owned by people with a specific agenda. to continue negativity.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by heather65]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

you may have seeen some ignorant people do that but dont classify all of the african americans for the actions of a few ignorant ones. im sure you wouldnt think its right to classify all caucasians under the KKK category.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistenceUnknown

how is celebrating your culture self segregation?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bean328

When you do things like this, black scholarships, black news, black tv, black web browser. You are seperating them from the rest of society. You are taking things that were not defined for any one race and making them seperate. Thus segregating yourself from society. This does nothing but foster a Them vs. Us attitude. They should be putting their resources into fostering a non-race based community.

We are all american's we should all celebrate our Culture. It shouldnt be "African American Culture" or "White American Culture".... Why can't it just be American Culture?

[edit on 11-12-2008 by ExistenceUnknown]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Huh? I never said I wasn't. The emphasis being history. The sarcastic remark about phat white asses is the present. Soooo, no I didn't say you were holding a gun to anyone at this present time. The point was no one is holding one to you, unlike our ancestors in our not so clean and white history. Get it now?

You have flip-flopped twice now.

I mean c'mon, what a nerve for a white person to make these claims when white people have gone all over the world doing what you now claim is happening to yourself. Look at your history, is it really surprising that it's coming back to bite you all in your fat white asses? Are the blacks forcing you by gunpoint in the name of a western god to accept their version of civilization? It's what we did to them!

Dude obviously I wasn't talking about anybody at this present time...

Check your history.

And then the quote up top.

Well that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, as you are yours.
The British, Portuguese and French terrorised the Indians so they could pillage their resources for years (and that's why the once wealthy India is poor as dirt now). That's just one example of many such acts over the years.

Did you miss the part where I said this?

Actually, we have this problem now because of the past actions of the African tribes that captured people from other tribes and used them as slaves, and then turned around and sold those slaves to whoever would buy them. We have this problem now because of the past actions of every kingdom/country/empire/etc. in the history of mankind that has ever decided it was a good idea to use another person and treat them like property.

Pillaging resources and terrorizing other kingdoms/countries/empires/etc. is not purely something white people do or something only white people have done.

It's easy to see the bad in others, especially when it's forced down our throats by the biased media, but people refuse to see the bad in their own. Western governments have been creating genocide for years. But they write (re-write) the his-story now don't they?

History is dictated by the winners. Who's refusing to see the bad in our nation's history? Mankind has been creating genocide for thousands upon thousands of years. You still aren't grasping that the US doesn't have a monopoly on genocide, racism, etc. Continue believing it's all our fault though if it makes you feel better.

C'mon that's a cop-out. Two wrongs don't make a right. No one said slavery was unique to America, in fact you bought up slavery not me, why? I never bought it up. All I mentioned was the stolen culture and re-written and suppressed history. Slavery is not the sole cause of that, capitalism is. Overt slavery is just another symptom of capitalism that is now thankfully outlawed.

So pointing out facts is a cop-out now? How so? And here I thought finding facts was why we come to this site, well at least that's why I do.

And yes, in a round about way you did bring up slavery, I'm just the one who first came out and said the word instead of beating around the bush. When you speak of the US history and racial issues you are talking about slavery and everything that has happened as a result.

Again I didn't bring up slavery, you did. I was talking about non-white culture I thought. Slavery wasn't the reason whites stole black music and culture, called it 'rock and roll', and sold it to white kids, for example. So again, what's your point with white slavery? We're all slaves to the white capitalist system. We're all n****** to the ruling elite.

Perhaps we just like music in general, regardless of who comes up with it or what it sounds like. Please enlighten me as to what black culture we evil white people have stolen. I don't recall ever hearing rock and roll as being something that was only sold to white kids. Last I checked people like music, not just white people and not just black people. We all like music, we just have slightly differing tastes person to person.

My point is that non-whites don't have the market cornered when it comes to being treated as inferior. Every culture has at one point in time or another been the slave. Every race has at one point in time or another been treated as inferior. Every race has experienced it, yet most don't blame what happened to their ancestors as the reason why their lives are the way they are. Yet it never fails there is always someone who comes along and tries to blame all the problems of the non-whites on the actions of those evil white people.

It's no wonder our country is stuck with the same racial problems we have had for decades. There are just way too many people stuck in the "us v. them" mentality that fail to see that most of us evil white folk don't give a rats behind what color your skin is so long as you take responsibility for your own actions and don't lie around blaming everyone else for things they personally had nothing to do with.

So long as we have [insert race here] only organizations, products, etc. we are never going to get to a point where we can finally move on. It is far more lucrative for the businesses and organizations to keep non-white's convinced that they have to have non-white organizations and products than for any of them to actually attempt to fix racial relations in this country. It is far more lucrative to keep non-white's convinced that the evil white man is out to steal their culture and if they don't join this organization or buy this product they are "sell outs" and are conforming to "white society". It is far more lucrative to keep non-white's convinced that if they don't behave a certain way or buy certain things, they are just trying to be white.

It's all a load of bull if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
You have flip-flopped twice now.

Flip-flopped on what? I think you have reading comprehension problems.

Did you miss the part where I said this?

No I didn't miss it. I just don't see it as a legitimate argument because it has nothing to do with black culture and history, which is the issue I raised in the first place, again I didn't bring up slavery YOU DID.

Pillaging resources and terrorizing other kingdoms/countries/empires/etc. is not purely something white people do or something only white people have done.

Again I never said it was, you're missing the point of this discussion completely. I was talking about blacks in America specifically and the fact that our own government policies is what has caused this problem to start with. Sorry you can deny it all you want. Just because other people in history have taken slaves it doesn't make what has been done in more modern times acceptable. Two wrongs and all that...

History is dictated by the winners. Who's refusing to see the bad in our nation's history?

Did you even read my last reply to you?

You are refusing to see the bad in your history, this discussion proves it, you just keep making excuses for your history.

So pointing out facts is a cop-out now?

No excusing the actions of people because other people did the same thing is a cop-out. What facts are you talking about?

And yes, in a round about way you did bring up slavery

Oh OK lol. But it was you who decided that was more important to focus on than the real point of my post which was the retention of culture and history.

Please enlighten me as to what black culture we evil white people have stolen.

You really don't know do you? Look up Big Mama Thornton, Big Joe Turner and countless other black musicians who's music was stolen by white producers and given to white singers as originals.

Songs by black artists were not played on most radio stations, but the white artists versions were, thus they became hits and the originals didn't. The original writers of these songs got nothing from the billions made by the music industry, and most people still think rock and roll was a white American creation.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Why is this country great? Because people have the right to freedom of speech regardless of what exists within the speech. It's as harmless as comedy central's "Chocolate News".

Go ahead and make "White News" oh wait we already have Fox and MSNBC I forgot.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Flip-flopped on what? I think you have reading comprehension problems.

I quoted it for you already. Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.

No I didn't miss it. I just don't see it as a legitimate argument because it has nothing to do with black culture and history, which is the issue I raised in the first place, again I didn't bring up slavery YOU DID.

So you just dismiss things that don't go along with your point of view. Well at least now I understand why you repeatedly skip over anything I say that doesn't specifically talk about only black culture and history in America.

Again I never said it was, you're missing the point of this discussion completely. I was talking about blacks in America specifically and the fact that our own government policies is what has caused this problem to start with. Sorry you can deny it all you want. Just because other people in history have taken slaves it doesn't make what has been done in more modern times acceptable. Two wrongs and all that...

No, I understand your point. But you are failing to realize that the problems we have today do not stem only from American history. The problems we have are the result of thousands upon thousands of years worth of people treating each other like crap. I didn't say or imply that it was acceptable that it happened here. I'm just as angry over it as anyone else. But to dismiss the rest of history and try to focus solely on what has happened here in the last 200 years is extremely narrow-minded when the actions that happened here were just a repeat of what has happened to everyone at some point in history.

Did you even read my last reply to you?

Yes, did you say something I failed to respond to? If I take the time to post the specific quotes I'm responding to it means I have read it. So what did I not respond to that you think I missed?

You are refusing to see the bad in your history, this discussion proves it, you just keep making excuses for your history.

Hate to break it to ya but my history is the same as your history, I haven't refused to see the bad in it, and actually I'm the one who has been pointing out that history has repeated itself over and over again. So apparently the mistakes of our ancestors back through the ages are not being learned from and lo and behold our country repeated them. So what excuses have I made? I can't recall any and reading back through my own posts I don't see any excuses.

No excusing the actions of people because other people did the same thing is a cop-out. What facts are you talking about?

I didn't excuse it. I pointed out the fact that it has happened to everyone, not just blacks in America. I pointed out the fact that slavery has happened throughout history, not just in the last 200 years in America. I pointed out that even in American history there were white slaves, not just black slaves. But apparently you have deemed those facts as "excuses".

Oh OK lol. But it was you who decided that was more important to focus on than the real point of my post which was the retention of culture and history.

See here's the thing. All of us that are American citizens share the same history no matter what our skin color is. The palest person in the country and the darkest person in the country both have the same history as Americans, the only part of their history that differs is their individual experiences. Everything prior to those two people being born is the same for both. They are both American. They are both citizens. They are both part of the same country that has done both horrid and great things in it's short 200 year life. Their histories both include the Civil Rights Movement, Women's Lib, the Civil War, the founding of the country, etc. It doesn't matter what they look like on the outside, they still share a common history as Americans.

And as a side note, I have made several attempts to discuss more than just America's history of slavery yet every attempt I have made has been dismissed and you keep coming back to the slavery part. So who was it that decided to keep coming back to it? Oh yeah, not me.

You really don't know do you? Look up Big Mama Thornton, Big Joe Turner and countless other black musicians who's music was stolen by white producers and given to white singers as originals.

Songs by black artists were not played on most radio stations, but the white artists versions were, thus they became hits and the originals didn't. The original writers of these songs got nothing from the billions made by the music industry, and most people still think rock and roll was a white American creation.

I am aware of all of that. I asked what part of black culture have we stolen. Yes some songs were stolen, and no that wasn't right. Yes the musical sound was used by white musicians, not all of whom stole actual songs by the way. Aside from the theft of actual songs, which I think we both agree was horribly wrong, what part of black culture has the white man "stolen"? Concrete examples please. Music itself belongs to no culture, it is universal.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Don't you all realize that there is a secret not so secret plot that is in place by an elite group of Black people to take over the world. Blackbird was put in place to secretly but not secretly unite Blacks and at the same to anger whites in to civil war and the final phase in our plan. All this time you all thought we were pants sagging no speaking dummies. Fooled ya! Woo ha ha ha haaa!
Seriously racism has never gone anywhere in this country. The are dozens of white nationalist websites, yet no one complains. What you have failed to realize is that MLK's dream was not every Black persons dream. Many of us don't want equality or anything to do with whites and their culture. Whites can be so arrogant and nieve. That may be you alls biggest weakness.

So what if there is a Blackbird Web browser. It is hurting no one. You want to talk about racist. Lets talk about Stormfront.org. Stop being so fickle! We have out of control politicans and you all focus on a browser.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join