It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New racist web browser!!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Does anyone realize that the idea for this web browser probably did not even start with a group of "black" people but a room of people thinking up new ways to bring in revenue in this failing economy. I mean come on do you really think that the majority of black people would even download this? It's ridiculous i know my family would just scoff or laugh at it, both white and black family that is.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So, what's the big deal? It's software geared towards blacks. This is how capitalism works. I personally think it's foolish because it's automatically excluding a consumer base, but what do I know, my economics course was at 8:00 AM. If it were up to me I would market it as "urban." Because it is true that the "urban" youth are indeed more up on their technology. It also just so happens that a higher percentage of blacks are urban than whites. Think about it, your ghetto friends ALWAYS have the newest, tricked out phones, modded XBOXs, car ipod ports, wireless laptop...

and whatever else they stole.

See what I did there? Although joke aside, it's always been the truth from my perspective (not the stealing part, but if you're stupid enough to have thought I was serious, I'm including this disclaimer just for you). Perhaps we'll argue the sociological implications in another thread.

Anyway, didn't Microsoft try this a few years back with some special edition software? If I remember correctly it didn't really catch on...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I was walking in to a department store one day after the election. I was courteous as always and held the door open for two black women. One of them says to me, "you better get used to that, now that Obamas runnin' the show." The other one said mm-hmm, and gave me a dirty look. Was that called for? No. Look, I am sorry that your people got gaffled 400 years ago, and that you have suffered, but I had nothing to do with it, so you can keep your stupid comments to yourself. I should have said "hey you know what? Obama's half white too!" First Black President? No the dude is a mullato.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwishicould
People dont watch "black tv" like BET, and MTVJ because its for the black people, they watch it because they like it. It just so happens that black people like it better. I do get pretty pissed off at things like that, its hypocritcal that they have stuff exclusively for "african-americans" when you know that the second that something exclusively for caucasions goes up, it would be fought tooth and nail.

The black community created these tv networks and magazines in the past when the black community was not being represented in other forms of media. Since then it has flourished because as you said they like it better. That is the only reason it is around now. Whites were represented everywhere in the media and blacks weren't, therefore its not hypocritical for them to represent themselves.

And just a hint too all you terrible spellers out there if you download Firefox all of the text box's have spell check in them.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The only catch is the Blackbird browser will only work on computers created by Whites and Asians.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Amelie]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Speak for yourself. I haven't forced anyone at gunpoint to do or accept anything. Just as I'm sure most others on this website haven't. And looking back at my history, I see Irish slaves so how is anything coming back to bite me in the rear end?

Dude obviously I wasn't talking about anybody at this present time...

Check your history. Never heard of what happened in India, Africa, Aus, the US? Never heard of the British Empire? What about the middle east at this present time? You really think it's all about terrorism? LOL western governments are the worst terrorists there has ever been.

We have this problem now because of the past actions of 'white westerners', you can't just ignore the past. Nations have a bad habit of ignoring the bad they have done, in fact it gets written out of our history.

If you don't like the repercussions you should blame your ancestors not the victims.

Irish Slaves? Are you kidding me? What has that to do with this discusion? If you feel your culture is being unfairly discriminated against by 'western white culture' then go do something about it. Don't whine when other people do.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Eh, it's the way of the world.

If black folks and white folks of similar economic means stopped for just a few minutes and compared notes, they might find out they have a great deal in common with one another.

It's in the best interest of the powers that be to keep us fighting amongst ourselves, so they can continue stealing from and enslaving both groups. Black/White, Catholic/Protestant, Democrat/Republican - what a big, unfunny joke.

That is, unless you're rich. If you're rich, this is the funniest joke ever.

"Look at all those stupid little people. If they all stopped attacking each other, and started attacking us, the world as we've made it would come tumbling down - but they don't even realize how much power they have."

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Do you think that websites geared towards women, from the perpective of other women is sexist?

Just saying...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Dude obviously I wasn't talking about anybody at this present time...

Yet you originally said:

Look at your history, is it really surprising that it's coming back to bite you all in your fat white asses? Are the blacks forcing you by gunpoint in the name of a western god to accept their version of civilization? It's what we did to them!

Emphasis added. So yes, you were talking about the history of white Americans.

Check your history. Never heard of what happened in India, Africa, Aus, the US? Never heard of the British Empire? What about the middle east at this present time? You really think it's all about terrorism? LOL western governments are the worst terrorists there has ever been.

Yep, sure have. And if you want to be technical about it, I suppose that every attack that ever occurred against another kingdom/country/empire/etc. could be called a terrorist act. The actions of the current administration are far from being what I would consider saintly, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to try and say our government is the "worst terrorists there has ever been."

We have this problem now because of the past actions of 'white westerners', you can't just ignore the past. Nations have a bad habit of ignoring the bad they have done, in fact it gets written out of our history.

Actually, we have this problem now because of the past actions of the African tribes that captured people from other tribes and used them as slaves, and then turned around and sold those slaves to whoever would buy them. We have this problem now because of the past actions of every kingdom/country/empire/etc. in the history of mankind that has ever decided it was a good idea to use another person and treat them like property. Slavery was not invented by the US despite some people's opinion.

If you don't like the repercussions you should blame your ancestors not the victims.

Again, my ancestors were slaves themselves. So how can I blame them for something they didn't do and actually were on the receiving side of? And neither the victims nor the guilty are living so really it doesn't do much good to toss blame around to begin with. People blaming someone else for all their problems has gotten us where we are today as a country. Seems to me that all this blame being tossed around is the opposite of helpful, but maybe that's just me.

Irish Slaves? Are you kidding me? What has that to do with this discusion? If you feel your culture is being unfairly discriminated against by 'western white culture' then go do something about it. Don't whine when other people do.

Well, you made the comment I quoted for you above and I was merely pointing out that there were white slaves as well. Many people seem to think that there were only black slaves in the US when that is simply not true. You say I should blame my ancestors. Well some of my ancestors were slaves. So which is it? Do I blame the slaves or not? I vote for not, seeing as how they had no say in the matter. Yet you have said at least twice to blame my ancestors. See the problem there?

And trust me, this isn't whining. I have yet to stamp my little foot and run off pouting. Having an opinion that differs from yours does not make you right and me a whiner.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
They really came out with these way too early. They should have waited for both of them to release them on April 1, 2009. That way it would be taken as hilarious as I am taking this now.

This White Bird and Black Bird web browsers are about the biggest waste of time.

Lets see, release of Black Bird, White Bird, Chrome coming out of beta, Sahara updating, Fire Fox is on r3.1, IE up to v7...sheesh...how many web browsers does a nation need?

While we are at it, lets get Pajara Espanol (Spanish Bird) and the Red Bird (for the Natives).

Hell, why not get out a few Religious browsers while we are at it.
Eagle of Islam, Cross Reference, Old Testimonial, Tao Ntime.

Curse me if you will, but no one is more ridiculous than another. All any of them do is promote disunity, which is why mankind will remain at war for all of time.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
sorry to disapoint, I downloaded both browsers. Blackbird is real, and quit funny. Whitebird is fake, its an apple browser.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Poet Of Deception
i don't think its racist, i think its a good idea for people from the african american origin and race to get together.

The only thing racist about it is you implying that it is...

He was not saying that it was racist until you change the wording as if it was from a white perspective. Then it clealry becomes racist and therefore the original must also be racist (if we are all equal).

If people of "european origin and race" were encouraged to get together there would be howls of protest.

Racism is when you treat people from a different race differently. Therefore, by definition, that website is racist. It's intention may be honourable but it is still racist. The problem occurs because we subconciously associate racism with white attitudes to non whites. Whereas people of all races can be racist and clealry are: here in britain some of the language used by/between afro-carribean and asians is astonishing. If one side was white you'd expect to see them with jack boots on!

I see things at work (multinational company and so this is from the US branches which we find jaw dropping in the UK) like "Hispanic Engineer Day", "Black Engineer Awerness Day" etc etc. Never ever ever do we see "White Engineer Day" ! I wonder why?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Well the thing is that Blackbird is basically a Mozilla Firefox based browser. It is merely branded. It was created from many races. I've used that actual theme in Firefox before.

I'm not sure why one would need a special browser for their interest/race. You can bookmark and theme an already existing browser any way you wish. If anything it is a marketing tool for certain websites.

[edit on 11/12/2008 by toochaos4u]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Sorry but I just don't see that, and don't you mean persecution?

Yes
. Thank you. It was late and I was on my way to bed.

You already have your 'ethnocentric' resources, all around you.
Non-whites don't have, nor require 'ethnocentric' resources, sorry but it's not about superiority of ethnic groups, again it's about culture and the right to practice it regardless of where you happen to live.

No, it's NOT about superiority of ethnic groups. I don't believe in superiority or inherent racism. Like I said, we live, essentially, in a white western culture. But things are changing - and quickly. The fact that whites are the only group not permitted to openly celebrate their heritage (in the form of exclusive organisations) indicates this.

I mean c'mon, what a nerve for a white person to make these claims when white people have gone all over the world doing what you now claim is happening to yourself. Look at your history, is it really surprising that it's coming back to bite you all in your fat white asses?
Are the blacks forcing you by gunpoint in the name of a western god to accept their version of civilization? It's what we did to them!

I didn't do those things. My ancestors did. Besides, black Africans were partially responsible for slavery, and themselves became missionaries at times. No one race on this planet is guilt-free so it's meaningless to pretend whites deserve exclusion.

What I do see all around is the 'white culture' that was actually stolen from black culture that made a lot of white people extremely rich.

May I ask what whites have stolen? Black slavery and labour helped to build the western world, yes - but labour is not culture. Of course, blacks have contributed greatly in forms of ideas and inventions, but culture (language, religion, art and folklore) is usually specific to ethnic groups.

What do you mean by assert your 'white western culture'? What is that?

Assert - as in openly and unapologetically celebrating Germanic heritage, Celtic heritage, Slavic heritage, Mediterranean heritage, African heritage, Caribbean heritage, hispanic heritage, Chinese heritage etc etc.

That's the problem isn't it? 'White western culture' has suppressed, and stolen, many other cultures throughout history and systematically tried to turn them into god fearing 'white western cultures'. Is that 'permitted for all'?

That's wrong, yes. Are you saying that existing whites should pay for the misdemeanours of their forefathers? Surely we're all one people - one community. Dividing ancestries in order to issue ethnic-guilt is surely the kind of segregation our modern world frowns upon. After all, we look past skin-colour right - therefore to assign (or simply recognise) consequences based in skin colour is itself 'racist' in our multi-cultural western society

See what I mean? Our politically correct climate would have us all ignore heritage completely. To acknowledge it is deemed racist - so by that definition even you and I would be labelled as such. It's a ridiculous situation which causes trivial uproar in threads like this.

[edit on 11/12/2008 by Cythraul]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Another silly thread filled with white people attacking non white people for trying to organize themselves in societies that were until very recently segregated or outright slave states. So much for progressive thought when it comes to racial issues.

Any chance we can make a special ATS forum where all the ( white; almost exclusively ) racist ATS'ers can congregate to bash the colors, races and or creeds of their choosing?

Stellar

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Yet you originally said:...

...Emphasis added. So yes, you were talking about the history of white Americans.

Huh? I never said I wasn't. The emphasis being history. The sarcastic remark about phat white asses is the present. Soooo, no I didn't say you were holding a gun to anyone at this present time. The point was no one is holding one to you, unlike our ancestors in our not so clean and white history. Get it now?

but I think it's a bit of a stretch to try and say our government is the "worst terrorists there has ever been."

Well that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, as you are yours.
The British, Portuguese and French terrorised the Indians so they could pillage their resources for years (and that's why the once wealthy India is poor as dirt now). That's just one example of many such acts over the years.

It's easy to see the bad in others, especially when it's forced down our throats by the biased media, but people refuse to see the bad in their own. Western governments have been creating genocide for years. But they write (re-write) the his-story now don't they?

...Slavery was not invented by the US despite some people's opinion.

C'mon that's a cop-out. Two wrongs don't make a right. No one said slavery was unique to America, in fact you bought up slavery not me, why? I never bought it up. All I mentioned was the stolen culture and re-written and suppressed history. Slavery is not the sole cause of that, capitalism is. Overt slavery is just another symptom of capitalism that is now thankfully outlawed.
If you support the system that used it, and is still benefiting from it, then you have to accept the history that goes with it imo.

...Well, you made the comment I quoted for you above and I was merely pointing out that there were white slaves as well...

Again I didn't bring up slavery, you did. I was talking about non-white culture I thought. Slavery wasn't the reason whites stole black music and culture, called it 'rock and roll', and sold it to white kids, for example. So again, what's your point with white slavery? We're all slaves to the white capitalist system. We're all 'n-word's to the ruling elite.

[edit on 12/11/2008 by ANOK]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
As long as you or someone else THINK, they are better then another group of people, that`s were it goes totally wrong!

We are all in this crapola together and that`s it, we all have to deal with it.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Kukulcangod]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
here in britain some of the language used by/between afro-carribean and asians is astonishing. If one side was white you'd expect to see them with jack boots on!

That's not racism. Whites never seem to understand why minorities use derogatory terms with each other.

Is it my place to explain it? Can you figure it out for yourself?

Here's a clue...

The use of a word, that has become a derogatory term, by the people the term represents is an attempt to discharge its negative associations.

Does that help?

Oh and btw that nasty 'N' word originated in Africa, and didn't become a derogatory term until the start of slavery, when the word was used to address slaves. The word was originally a common African name and was also used like we use 'buddy'. Soooo in fact it's being used correctly. (oh and yes I did mention slavery this time
)

But obviously if a white person says it how can you expect it to not be taken in a negative light? After all it was whites that made the word what it is now associated with, no? Have you ever really thought about this rationally?

[edit on 12/11/2008 by ANOK]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join