It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New racist web browser!!!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Imagine replacing black in the quotes with white and think of the responce.

LOL...when I read the headline i thought maybe it WAS a browser that would do just that! Though I thought it seemed farfetched (how on earth could it edit/select the pics).

Anyway, it sounded pretty darn cool until I realized you meant it was for black racists. Sheesh they already have a ton of websites devoted to black entertainment, black culture, etc... One would think that would be enough.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

.....about four channels out of my 2000.Lets be real

--Peace and Love--

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I think it's a great idea and I'll use it if it works. If it's crap, I'll dump it. I don't think it's racist at all. If there were an IrishBird, there would be no arguement. There would be no arguement against an AsianBird or a CrescentBird for the Muslim community.

Blacks (descendants of slaves brought to America) have every right to self-identify too. In saying I'm a Black American, what I am saying is that I am black (and everything that comes with that) and I am American. Just like the Irish American is saying I am Irish (and everything that comes along with that) and I am American. Same for Jewish Americans and Chinese Americans...and every other American who chooses to use terminology to further identify self.

Gross nationalism of any kind, however, is a problem in my opinion. When any one people claims supremacy over the brotherhood that is human-kind, then Houston we have a problem!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Am...Hmm...this is strange.

I'm black...and I do not see the need for a black browser. Just what in the hell is it supposed to do? What? Are all the text in ebonics?

I don't know man...as a black person, I'm offended. It's a stupid idea. Yes, the team of African Americans who developed the browser, are honing their skills in computer language and programming...but, can't you do the same thing by just making a normal, simple, multirace browser?

A black browser? LOL! What's next? Access to black only websites? It's rediculous, small minded and actually takes a few steps back.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yeah, someone had to do it....
www.whitebirdbrowser.com...

I think what most people fail to grasp is that racism does not have to be hateful. Most racism is not hateful. But in my opinion it is all bad.

[edit]
I'm surprised that the demographic Blackbird is targeted at are not more pissed off about this. Some company of basically 3 rich people made this to make money off of a targeted demographic that they obviously thought they could make a lot of money from, by duping people into using this. It's chock full of ads and payed content. If I was being targeted by this thing, I would be 10 times more pissed off than I already am.
[/edit]

[edit on 11-12-2008 by TheUnCola]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
"There is only one race, the human race, and we're all in it together whether you like it or not."

I wrote that little phrase back in my Indigo days and still can't believe I believed it at the time.

Since I've been on ATS though I realize that pretty words have no bearing on the reality of the world we live in.

You're all racist, every last freakin' one of you.

The white folks say we're all Gods children while ignoring the poverty and lack of medical attention given to those in need. They don't think it's racism though cause they do care, they just don't do one damn thing about it.

Black folks hate the whitey. That's a given. It's not racism though cause Black folks have the right to hate. 400 years ago somebody did one of their ancestors wrong. Surely that is a good reason to hate.

A China man's chance is solid ground to hate anything not yellow.

As for the Native Americans, they probably think every last one of us should have a green card.

Regardless of how enlightened you think you are, Your still a racist. You want everyone to see things the way you see them and when they don't, you say it's because they don't understand the color of your skin, Therefore THEY must be racist.

You have a chip on your shoulder. YES YOU!

Racism is the cop out you use to justify that chip.

You live to be offended. You can't wait for someone to say something politicaly incorrect or out of your sphere of what the world should be.

You are a racist.

You pretend you're not.

But you are.

There is but one race, the human race, and we're all in it together whether you like it or not.

Pretty words that are DOA.

Perhaps someday we will grow beyond what we are.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Pheeew, for a minute I thought the actual Web Browser itself was racist.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
People are people. That is how it should be looked at. Nothing should be racist because we should see no race. We are all the same one way or another. If everyone believed that then no one would care about things like this.

Once again, we are all the same.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I use Mozilla Firefox. When I downloaded FF I had to agree to a User Agreement but they didn't ask me about my race. I'm white so I hope I got the correct browser. If I got the Black browser by mistake can I download a patch to easily switch to the White browser, or do I need to download the whole thing again?

[edit on 11-12-2008 by spaznational]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Your seeing way too into it, im from Australia and caucasian honestly idc, i dled it ,it looks way cooler than firefox or IE cool.
Your just a stupid racist redneck LOL.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I just have a rhetorical question...can not some of you loo at the site as a learning tool and cultural experience for Black people...why is it that you view everything as a racial issue...we don't. Some aspects of life are cultural, subjective, and of interest to certain groups. Yes there is a "white" browser...I looed at it. Example...foods "white" people eat...it directs you to a natural foods site...do you all have a monopoly on natural foods...no! But before I get "spun" up and suggest a racial overtone...I looked at it, and learned a few things I may not have known. Please...leave you ignorance at the keyboard...Every culture should have their own type of websites that cater to their needs, understanding and cultural growth...the small minded ones seem threatened and want to bring up MLK, Farrakhan...we are past that! Wake up...deal with it, if you want to promote your cultural things...start your own website...who care...not me!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
i guess nowadays black people are more racist than white people.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I don't think this is racism, but it pretty stupid. I mean really, can't we all just get along, and use google.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Music itself belongs to no culture, it is universal.

We're not talking about music in general here. We're talking about the theft of the right for the original artists, who happened to be black, to benefit from their own creations. In that respect it's not culture but economics, one of the primary reasons blacks in America are poor now. But the music came from their culture all the way back through the slave trade to Africa. Not to make money but to celebrate life. And it was taken from them and turned into watered down 'respectable' muzac to make businessmen rich (and yes they happened to be white so I understand why we're despised even if you don't). Men who couldn't produce a piece of art themselves if their wealth depended on it.

And the record industry now has the nerve to bitch about people sharing songs on the net. It's ironic , an industry that was basically built on theft of other peoples music....?

Anyway you can sigh all you want, but you are still missing the point, and trying to hammer into me some fairy tale about the theft of art being a natural development.

Sorry for the long read, but it's hard to break it down without losing it's focus, and it is worth reading....

Shot in a Battersea junk-yard the scene depicts a group of black militants. A heavy use of ideological rhetoric and literary quotation is used throughout the scene. The opening of the scene focuses in long shot on an individual reading about the theft of 'black music' by white musicians, and the popularisation of its form for white consumption. It is difficult to source the quotation, but it is possibly from the work of LeRoi Jones or Eldridge Cleaver's autobiographical 'Soul on Ice,' a work that is heavily quoted from in this scene. "A well-known example of the white necessity to deny due credit to blacks is in the realm of music. White musicians were famous for going to Harlem and other Negro cultural centers literally to steal the black man's music, carrying it back across the color line into the Great White World and passing off the watered-down loot as their own original creations. Blacks, meanwhile, were ridiculed as Negro musicians playing inferior coon music."

The irony of these words are not lost when compared with the previous scene of the Rolling Stones in the studio. The Rolling Stones music is heavily derived from black music. Initially beginning their musical career as a skiffle band with the rather unfortunate name of 'Little Boy Blue and The Blue Boys' the Rolling Stones adopted traditional blues music and fused it with white popular music. Skiffle's origins were found in "..rent parties that used to be given in poor, Negro quarters to raise rent money–the blacks of New Orleans called them skiffle parties."White popular music had increasingly borrowed from what had been called 'Black Music' since the 1950's. The most well known exponent of course being Elvis Presley; but by the early 1960's Groups such as The Rolling Stones and The Beatles were beginning their careers with Skiffle bands, blatantly using what had been traditionally 'Black Music'. Godard intentionally sets up this conflict in to show the political nature of art, and in the context of One Plus One, the derivation of art, its political transformation, and importantly, the ramifications of imperialism co-opting art. To reinforce this point Godard intrudes upon the scene cutting away back to the Rolling Stones in the studio.

Source

Black music is still controlled primarily by white record companies and marketed to white kids (black kids don't have money).

The six major record firms have a colonial-like relationship with the black Rhythm Nation of America that produces hip hop and other forms of black music. Despite the names of a few big money makers - Suge Knight, Sean Combs, and Russell Simmons - or the lurid deaths of Tupac Shakur and Christopher Wallace (also known as Notorious B.I.G. and Biggie Smalls), rap, like most black music, is under the corporate control of whites and purchased mostly by white youths.

Source

See I'm not just making this up lol...One of the things I hate capitalism for, more than anything else, is the exploitation and inevitable destruction of art, in any medium, for profit. Music belongs to musicians, not businessmen.

[edit on 12/12/2008 by ANOK]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I am sorry folks simply put , I am white was raised in the South , went to a red neck High school, was invited to many extra curricular activities involving white sheets , and my best friend was black. My answer and his was and still is to this day some 25 years down the road , I AM A HUMAN BEING !! My blood is red . So keep your petty , ignorant color designations to yourself . When mankind realizes we breath the same air drink the same water and bleed the same blood maybe we will quit spilling blood based on the color of the skin. It is the 21 st century and we are still subject to the prejudice and sins of our ancestors. I think it is time to work together for a future and quit living in the past . Our children dont need this. We have bigger issues to deal with , with the idiots that are running the show tearing apart our basic rights No Matter What color our skin is . The powers that be are eating this up , keep the people divided and they are easily conquered. Too busy to watch what is really happening . WAKE UP WORLD. Racism or reverse racism which ever way you see it is a great tool for the powers that be , look what it did for Hitler , and throughout history .

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I said it before, but as the (OP), I think it needs to be said again.

I see it as racism because; although not many see anything wrong with "BET", "Ebony", Blackbird..........

Most would absolutely freak-out with seeing, WET (White Entertainment TV, White Girl magazine, whitebird browser, White power rallies (white power as opposed to KKK/Nazi groups).

Since it seems ok for one race and not the other, it makes is wrong.

Simply put, if it's ok for you. It’s ok for me.
If it is wrong for me, then it is wrong for you.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This thread has deffinately been going on for far too long! I think we have decided it isn't racist and is targetted at people interested in the african american lifestyle!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Look around you. We are not accepted, in the past as well as present. In school every month was white history month. One month of the year we were taught about Americans of color, and about a week of another month we learned about people from mexico. We always learn about Anglo(Rome,Russia,Germany,britain) history but we never hear about contributions of nations of color(Olmec,Malinese,Libyan,Arabia)which have contributed alot of elements that are fundemental for our everyday life.
--Peace and Love--

But you are accepted. You have every one of the rights that I have. You can get a job, work your a** off and make something of yourself, just like I can. This is true because we have african americans in every class from low to high. Would it be OK for me to move to Africa and claim im not accepted because every month is Black History Month, even though black history in that country is ages older than my white history in that country?

What African Americans want is respect from White American's. Which is completely different from acceptance. It's hard for white's to respect black's when things like this go on. It is now the (majority at least) white's that are trying their best not to see color. It's just really hard to respect someone that you can't say a negative thing about unless you want to be called a racist.

And no offense, but you live in a country that is currently run and populated by a majority of whites. Its not because we hate blacks, its because there is way more of us than there are of you.

The U.S. population's distribution by race and ethnicity in 2006 was as follows:

Total population: 299 million
White alone: 74% or 221.3 million
Not including the 23.2 million White Hispanic and Latino Americans: 66% or 198.1 million
Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, of any race: 14.8% or about 44.3 million
Black or African American alone: 13.4% or 40.9 million
Some other race alone: 6.5% or 19 million
Asian alone: 4.4% or 13.1 million
Two or more races: 2.0% or 6.1 million
American Indian or Alaska Native alone: 0.68% or 2.0 million
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander alone: 0.14% or 0.43 million

Source

I just don't get it. Tell me one reason blacks need their own TV channels and news? The only thing you have to say is "because the major news doesnt talk about black issues". What issues do you think blacks have in this country that are any different from whites?

[edit on 12-12-2008 by ExistenceUnknown]

[edit on 12-12-2008 by ExistenceUnknown]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Poet Of Deception

You are certainly welcome to your opinion.

That said, if you bothered to read all the replies, there is quite a difference as to if it is raciest or not.

Again, as long as it is, it’s ok for my/my race but not you/yours, it is raciest.

Period.

Also, since people are still posting their opinions, clearly, the thread is not done.

For that matter, it is not up to "YOU" to determine when a thread is done.

It is up to the posting community to decide when it's done.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

And once again you skipped over the parts I posted that you didn't like and that didn't conform with the narrow view you want to look at. I clearly stated that the theft of actual songs was horrible and should not have been done. I also clearly asked for examples outside of music. If you didn't have any other examples you could have just said so.

With that said, I give up. This discussion has no point to it. Regardless what I say most of it is ignored so I won't waste my time any longer.

edit to add: By this discussion, I mean the one between ANOK and myself not the thread in general. Just thought I would clarify that I wasn't calling for an end to the thread.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Jenna]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join