It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says climate change a matter of national security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Obama says climate change a matter of national security

www.reuters.com

CHICAGO (Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama said on Tuesday attacking global climate change is a "matter of urgency" that will create jobs as he got advice from Al Gore, who won a Nobel Peace Prize for his work on the issue.
In remarks to reporters, Obama made clear he would adopt an aggressive approach to global warming when he takes over the White House on January 20.

a few lines down...

This is a matter of urgency and of national security and it has to be dealt with in a serious
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I am not sure how many of you have been following the bills that bush and co have passed. But they basically boil down to any major natural disaster or matter of national security gives the president total dictitorial power and that martial law will be instituted fully at the sametime.
By Mr Obama claiming that the enviorment will be considered a matter of national security when he hits office means that he can by pass all measures in place and pass laws about it with out anyones consent. Laws he him self makes up and because of the bills bush and co have passed we are suppoed to follow them or face treason charges.
I know we have problems with pollution that are wreaking havoc on alot of eco systems. That I wont deny. But by those two little words and the bills already in place he is going to enter office and claim there is a matter of national security at hand and be able to pass any laws he wants on anything he wants without our consent. This has me seriously worried.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

By Mr Obama claiming that the enviorment will be considered a matter of national security when he hits office means that he can by pass all measures in place and pass laws about it with out anyones consent. Laws he him self makes up and because of the bills bush and co have passed we are suppoed to follow them or face treason charges.

I am not sure if it is even possible to have a larger overreaction. Do you honestly believe what you just wrote? Are you seriously afraid that Obama will use global warming as justification for implementing martial law? The next four years are going to be unbelievably frightening for you.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Oh great, so they are going to use the earths climate changing, like it always has since before we even walked on 2 legs, to make more taxes on people, that the rich can claim back.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I am not sure if it is even possible to have a larger overreaction. Do you honestly believe what you just wrote? Are you seriously afraid that Obama will use global warming as justification for implementing martial law? The next four years are going to be unbelievably frightening for you.

I am not having an over reaction he sited these bills on his campaign and said he would get rid of them! But since getting his ticket he has said NOT ONE WORD ABOUT REPEALING THEM. Now all of the sudden he is
ONLY MAKING MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS OF THE SAME TYPES OF BILLS>
You go ahead and drink that obama aid me I am going to 'PAY ATTENTION' to the laws in place, the ones he creates and what his team of crack pot hawks is doing with them.
AND BEFORE you start the OBAMA basher BS I voted for him!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentOrangeJuice
Oh great, so they are going to use the earths climate changing, like it always has since before we even walked on 2 legs, to make more taxes on people, that the rich can claim back.

AHHH That one didnt even run through my thoughts at the time of reading. I totally forgot about the carbon tax debacle they have made. Well then this would be a very very good reason for him to delcare it a national emergency, he could do what ever he wants with-out our permission about it. Now that makes alot more sense than the other 2 articles I read about it. Thanks xoxo

yeah yeah its early my spelling is off

[edit on 10-12-2008 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Those who voted for Obama expecting a change are in for some major disappointment.

One should never vote for any of these bozos. It only encourages them!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Obama needs to give up the Climate Change/Green ghost for a while and focus on more substantive issues that will have an immediate impact. He is just trying to a create a job for Al Gore by talking up all of this BS. Al Gore will be the "Green Lantern" environmental/climate Czar.

Obama should now just focus on his new public works projects that he is proposing. First and foremost, he should place emphasis on the infrastructure projects that are so desperately needed across the US. One major caveat to all of these projects will be the contracts and how they are awarded. Everyone and every union will be clambering to get these contracts.

Will this be payback time for all of the campaign support?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Obama is just following an already established playbook.

The Pentagon released a report, a couple of years ago now I think, that pretty much outlined the possible scenarios of climate change and it's economic and geopolitical implications. So, it's not something the new decider has come up with at all, he's just following the current policies.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If they used emergency powers to bring in carbon taxes to supposedly stop carbon output.Saying carbon output is a national emergency.
Then there would be nothing for anyone to vote on or anything for anyone to discuss.
It would be a signed sealed done deal by executive emergency powers.
What people don't understand is company's will pay NO carbon tax.
They will setup fraudulent but legal subsidiary corps and shelf company's and trade the credits among them so they can go on operating as normal with no additional cost.
While the government collects taxes off peoples exhaled breath!
This is how they plan to pay for the odd 12 trillion they have given to there buddies in the banks.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
With world leaders claiming that the climate is a National Security threat where will this leed to?
securityandclimate.cna.org...
Global climate change presents a serious national security threat which could impact Americans at home, impact US military operations, and heighten global tensions, according to a new study released by a blue-ribbon panel of retired admirals and generals from the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines
Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd is also saying Climate change a National security Threat
www.news.com.au...
GLOBAL warming is now a "formal" threat to security, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said as he named an ex-SAS boss as our first national security adviser.
www.guardian.co.uk...
Climate change threatens security, UK tells UN
Britain has warned reluctant members of the United Nations that there are few greater threats to global security than climate change, delivering a stark message forecasting armed conflicts over scarce supplies of food, water and land
Council debates 'weather of mass destruction'
Some 52 countries lined up to speak in the debate which Britain initiated as it holds the rotating presidency of the council. Mrs Beckett told reporters before speaking: "This is an issue which threatens the peace and security of the whole planet - this has to be the right place to debate it."

There seems to be a mounting international consensus as to the security threat of climate change, are we on the verge of a major catastrophy?

This is a major concern for everyone!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
OBAMA'S GONE BARMY

Obama donning his cape & wearing a tin foil hat, plans to fly to the edge of Earth's atmosphere and fire pollution particles into the stratosphere to deflect the sun's heat in a desperate bid to tackle global warming.

President Barack Obama is considering a radical plan to tackle global warming by firing pollution particles into the stratosphere to deflect some of the sun’s heat.

The controversial experiment was touted yesterday as a possible last resort to help cool the Earth’s air by the president’s new science advisor John Holdren.

‘It’s got to be looked at. We don’t have the luxury of taking any approach off the table,’ said Mr Holdren, Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology.

article.wn.com...
www.freerepublic.com...

Talk about insane. These raving lunatics will be the death of us all.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by kindred]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
He is trying to find a way to get carbon tax going.
This is insane too, to think like that. So, Al gore and obama think air, is a threat? Funny how we use it to live, but when anything manmade is introduced into the air, its bad for us. The point? Chemical buisnesses need to stop pumping plumes of CO2 into the air. Its not the airs fault, or responsability, its big business. He should be going after big buisness.
So, whats he gunna go decalre war on ozone or one of the 5 layers of atmosphere?lol

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just you wait.

They'll bring taxes, sterilisation, limits to 1 children by family... the government controlling the temperature in your house...chemtrails will now be for your good. MORE CONTROL BY THE GOVERNMENT.

And those who opposes it hate the earth and are a threat to national security.

Doesn't matter that if we industrialise the poor nations their population growth becomes negative. Or that there's HUNDREDS of environemental problems more dangerous... But when you appoint a Monsanto guy in the agricultural department, you don't care about the environment.

Obama can go to hell.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well said Vitchilo.
They are all hypocrites. I don't see any of them making any personal sacrifices, as they still travel around in their gaz guzzling lear jets and limousines. They make you sick.
As long as these losers remain in power and in control, humanity and this planet are in serious trouble.

top topics

join