It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus was born in June', astronomers claim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk

Astronomers have calculated that Christmas should be in June, by charting the appearance of the 'Christmas star' which the Bible says led the three Wise Men to Jesus.

They found that a bright star which appeared over Bethlehem 2,000 years ago pinpointed the date of Christ's birth as June 17 rather than December 25.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.democraticunderground.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
When Was Jesus born?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Jesus an actual historical figure turned into a divine figure of mythic proportions? We know the 25th of December is a common date in many pagan religions. Maybe we should be celebrating Isaac Newton's birthday instead? This XMas card says it all www.powersmedia.org... or maybe every card with Santa on it will suffice, doesn't Santa have a birthday as well? Maybe we should celebrate Santa's Bday on the 25th, but it doesn't seem fair to make him work on his birthday... oy vea! this is such a conundrum.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-12-2008 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
However that's assuming that Jesus was truly born in association with that star set up.

Turns out that's just part of the mythological spin put in play by the early chuch fathers.

These wise men saw no star to guide them to Bethlehem. The beautiful legend of the star of Bethlehem originated in this way: Jesus was born August 21 at noon, 7 B.C. On May 29, 7 B.C., there occurred an extraordinary conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in the constellation of Pisces. And it is a remarkable astronomic fact that similar conjunctions occurred on September 29 and December 5 of the same year. Upon the basis of these extraordinary but wholly natural events the well-meaning zealots of the succeeding generation constructed the appealing legend of the star of Bethlehem and the adoring Magi led thereby to the manger, where they beheld and worshiped the newborn babe. Oriental and near-Oriental minds delight in fairy stories, and they are continually spinning such beautiful myths about the lives of their religious leaders and political heroes. In the absence of printing, when most human knowledge was passed by word of mouth from one generation to another, it was very easy for myths to become traditions and for traditions eventually to become accepted as facts.

What you really need to know.

AstroScientist say June 17? Sounds like they were a couple weeks off.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
What is with all the jesus threads all of a sudden?

So far I have learned jesus was supposedly cleopatra and ceasars son and his real name was ceasarian, because he was born c section. And that he was born in june.

Why are we all taking an intrest in jesus seemingly out of nowhere?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero

True. Makes me want to to listen to "Jesus Is Just Alright" by the Doobie Brothers.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 10-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Originally posted by caballero

True. Makes me want to to listen to "Jesus Is Just Alright" by the Doobie Brothers.

Alright!

Maybe Jesus is just alright with you, because all you know of Jesus is the lie pushed by annoying christ-stains.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This isn’t new, I thought this was already well known? There is even an ATS member who has it in his/her signature.

Not really breaking news.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

That's very interesting.

Similar attempts have been made to use astronomy and pinpoint the date of Jesus' death. The Bible mentions "darkness" occuring during the crucifixion of Jesus attributable to an eclipse. The result of the research has not been conclusive, but there is some sort of agreement based on Humphreys and Waddington's work that Jesus died on April 3, 33 AD. That means, Jesus was 33 years old when he died -- if both science-guided attempts happen to be correct.

[edit on 12/10/2008 by stander]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Great. Now the retailers can fleece us twice a year.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
IMO He was born around Sep 29. This is due to the temple duty of the tribe of Zechariah and the star timing. However, a typical star would not have stood over Bethlehem, so I'm going with either a CHIPs helicopter with one of those big gangsta-bustin spotlights or a UFO (heck maybe a special star, since He was God).

BTW, His death would have been during the lunar eclipse at Jerusalem at approx 6pm in 30 AD on Passover.

Just so you know, the same event is coming up around 2030 or so, only this time it's a complete eclipse at exactly midnight on Passover. Get ready for His return then, 2000 years later.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

BTW, His death would have been during the lunar eclipse at Jerusalem at approx 6pm in 30 AD on Passover.

Just so you know, the same event is coming up around 2030 or so, only this time it's a complete eclipse at exactly midnight on Passover. Get ready for His return then, 2000 years later.

Anybody who claims to know is a snake-oil salesman. I'm not putting you in that category, just people who claim they know the time for certain and use it to make claims about their 'only true believers' club. (Not that I've got anything personal against JWs.)

Now concerning that day and hour no one knows - neither the angels in Heaven, nor the Son - except the Father only.

Matthew 24:36

Rather than prepare for Christ's return in 2030 I counsel to get ready today.

Be ready, because the Son of Man is coming at an hour that you do not expect.

Luke 12:40

He said it, not me.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

Now concerning that day and hour no one knows - neither the angels in Heaven, nor the Son - except the Father only.

Matthew 24:36

Rather than prepare for Christ's return in 2030 I counsel to get ready today.

Be ready, because the Son of Man is coming at an hour that you do not expect.

Luke 12:40

He said it, not me.

You're right time is short, get ready now.

Your quote from Matt is often mis-understood. That is reference to an Hebrew idiom relative to Jesus's era. The feast of trumpets or Rosh Hashanah was known as "The feast of the unknown day and Hour" Look for something big to occur on Rosh Hashanah such as Jesus return...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This sure is a slap in the face to Jesus existence deniers, especially some of those who go out of there way and always show up on every jesus related thread with there links to other "so-called" proofs.

This is pretty cool. Not that I need proof being a Christian myself, but seems like more and more credibility keeps coming out around this character, my savior.

Great post!!! Though I doubt society will incorporate 2 X-masses. By the way, Christmas was a pagan Holiday that some early "Church religious" figures moved to be Jesus B-day in order to convert the pagans.

So I wish you all a Happy winter solstice this Dec 25th.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
However that's assuming that Jesus was truly born in association with that star set up.

Turns out that's just part of the mythological spin put in play by the early chuch fathers.

These wise men saw no star to guide them to Bethlehem. The beautiful legend of the star of Bethlehem originated in this way: Jesus was born August 21 at noon, 7 B.C. On May 29, 7 B.C., there occurred an extraordinary conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in the constellation of Pisces. And it is a remarkable astronomic fact that similar conjunctions occurred on September 29 and December 5 of the same year. Upon the basis of these extraordinary but wholly natural events the well-meaning zealots of the succeeding generation constructed the appealing legend of the star of Bethlehem and the adoring Magi led thereby to the manger, where they beheld and worshiped the newborn babe. Oriental and near-Oriental minds delight in fairy stories, and they are continually spinning such beautiful myths about the lives of their religious leaders and political heroes. In the absence of printing, when most human knowledge was passed by word of mouth from one generation to another, it was very easy for myths to become traditions and for traditions eventually to become accepted as facts.

What you really need to know.

AstroScientist say June 17? Sounds like they were a couple weeks off.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Incarnated]

LOL I mean seriously LOL!

You actually referenced a Urantia book as some sort of fact when stating that the star was a myth made up after the Birth of Jesus.

You are too much.... Why is there SOOO MUCH IGNORANCE today on ATS?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
From the Telegraph link:

Generally accepted research has placed the nativity to somewhere between 3BC and 1AD.

Okay so what does that do to the 2012 date? Assuming one believes in Jesus. And 2012. I'm just sayin' - I mean this is ATS.

So today's actual date could be anywhere from 2007 - 2011?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

" 'Jesus was born in June', astronomers claim "

It's simply more of the same dog n pony show to distract the masses.

Our Lord was born Sept 29th.

If you'll rewind that date to Dec 25th and count, you'll realize the relationship.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ahhhh, summer baby. ties the whole hippy thing together.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
hehe jesus the dope smoking hippie, yeah.

i can just imagine him, sitting at the last supper with a spliff in his hand.

now enough of that.

to dominicus, how is this in any way proof of anything?
sorry, but what they have done is nothing more than saying that if he was born and there was a 'special' 'star' in the sky, it would have had to be in june and not december or september or whatever.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That certainly makes my birthday much more important

Second line.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

only problem is, more than likely, no one followed a star.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join