It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would The Americans Be Jealous Of This? Kevin07 Giving Out A Christmas Bonus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Christmas Bonus News About Kevin07 Giving To The People.

Above is a link to the news to read it and know what Kevin07 is doing.

Would The Americans Be Jealous of what Kevin07 is doing? I do not think that Congress can afford to help like that.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by gordonwest]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Not sure why you put "Kevin07" in the title. Unless you are an Australian, you will probably not know what this means. In any case, you are pandering to Americans who are used to this sort of political campaign. It has now been shown to have great effect in this country also.

As for the Christmas 'bonus', it is merely an attempt to stimulate the economy in the short term whilst then creating long term stimulants such as infrastructure spending.

Whether this will work or not is another thing. I honestly don't think there is much any world government is going to be able to do to stop this train.

The time to act was 2-4 years ago. It is far too late. Australia however, in refernece to their budget, is in a far better 'starting' position than some countries.

In saying that though, when (and I say when NOT IF, as it is already happening) mining slow down, it is going to have a massive impact on our economy.

Don't be surprised if you see a double digit figure for deficit next year. The Liberals will blame the Labor government, but simply they've walked into a minefield. No action taken is going to increase demand in the long term (especially exports). Also, neither government would have done any better of a job, in fact, the Liberal party would do the same things.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by realist00

Thanks Real. Yeah, I am a Australian. I am in West Australia. Oh! I could of use other words to describe Kevin07, the PrimeTourist of Australia.

I have heard that other countries are looking at Australia for our HUGE gas supply. What about Uranium? Coal? Australia will ride out any "stock market problem". And even if the Stock Market does crash.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Australia is the Lucky Country.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest

Thanks Real. Yeah, I am a Australian. I am in West Australia. Oh! I could of use other words to describe Kevin07, the PrimeTourist of Australia.

I have heard that other countries are looking at Australia for our HUGE gas supply. What about Uranium? Coal? Australia will ride out any "stock market problem". And even if the Stock Market does crash.

Would Malcolm lead us any better? I doubt it. They have even less talent on their side.

Rudd has had plenty of right to be travelling the world, especially if there are any ideas that could help fix the mess the world has got itself into.

There is nothing he can do to prevent this wave hitting us, he can only slow it down. Unfortunately everyone around the world is doing the same thing, yet it will only dig a much deeper hole. It didn't matter what party would lead Australia. Things would not be any different. The Libs would be doing the same thing.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest

I have heard that other countries are looking at Australia for our HUGE gas supply. What about Uranium? Coal? Australia will ride out any "stock market problem". And even if the Stock Market does crash. [/quote
No we won't. We are going to fall just like the majority of the 'western' world. This is going to be VERY ugly.

We can export Uranium more, and certainly gas. But the infrastructure needs to be put in place to do this. Tight financial markets mean funding is hard to come by. It may mean the government may have to get involved in funding it.

top topics

join