It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s Intervention Indirectly Led to Case

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Sorry, the original statement had Obama claiming there was "No Contact"!

The "No Contact" statement was made on December 11th!

[edit on 11-12-2008 by aquiesce]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aquiesce

OBAMA: What I'm absolutely certain about is that our office had no involvement in any deal making around my Senate seat. That I'm absolutely certain of. That would be a violation of that everything that this campaign has been out. And that's not how we do business.

Source

At 0:15 - "I have never spoken to the governor on this subject, I'm confident that no representatives of mine would have any part in any deals related to this seat...I think the materials released by the US Attorney reflect that fact."

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by davion

He's been reading blogs. They seem to have the effect of twisting words to push an agenda, and people seem to have the problem of falling for it.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
hey there Irish-guy ...

Speaking of blogs. This one has some interesting info on the blago/obama connection.

Read it with an open mind and let me know what you think.

It might tickle your brain a bit.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yeah, I haven't actually seen or heard Obama say that he's had "no contact" with Blago at all. I'm not saying he DIDN'T say it, but I haven't seen it. I have heard the news media reporting that, though.

This was a problem during the campaign. People don't listen to what he SAYS, they listen (and repeat) what they perceived him to mean. That's a problem.

There's a PARTIAL quote here but they cut it off in mid-quote and complete it without quotations... it doesn't have the complete quote, so I'm not sure of the context of what he said...

"I had no contact with the governor or his office, and so I was not aware of what was happening" concerning any possible dealing about Blagojevich's appointment of a successor.

Why don't they just finish his complete quote instead of taking over mid-sentence?
Sensationalism, I guess.

Anyway, I hope to find out more about the case as it comes to light. I have no doubt that Obama is totally innocent in this. The GOP is salivating, though. That's pretty funny.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Green beer ... ABC News has some more questions on the subject you have posted. I think you might find it interesting. Or at least an interesting read. Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Here is a link to his original statement on December 9th, I must correct myself on the date.

washingtonindependent.com...

Things changed somewhat after that when a picture started floating around showing Obama shaking Blagojevich's hand.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by aquiesce]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Obama and company are creating their own suspense drama by backpedaling on their previous statements and denying contact. They need to just admit that they have met with Blago or his staff. This is normal behavior in the selection process. Obama's best friend is candidate number one for petes sake.

The backpedaling and sudden amnesia creates doubt. If Obama is clean, why are they stirring the pot unnecessarily.

Check this article and the links within it. Why deny the meeting?

newsbusters.org...

Maybe Obama himself is clean in this case but I highly doubt that those around him are.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Irish - You might want to pour another green beer for yourself
before reading these links. (since you brought up blogs)

What you don’t see in the MSM -

Gateway Pundit says “Obama & Emanuel Are So Close With Blagojevich That They Led His Campaign For Governor”. They are stating that Obama and Emanuel were advisors to Gov. Blagos campaign and that they met with him weekly.

Cannon Fire – another blog – reports that a ‘president elect advisor’ was named in the indictment. The article suggests it’s Emmanuel.

Of course Obama wouldn’t get his hands dirty firsthand.
He’s got minions to do it for him. All politicians do.

immediate edit

[edit on 12/12/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Maybe Obama himself is clean in this case but I highly doubt that those around him are.

You may be right. And I have heard others say that he should just come out and tell us all what exactly happened. I don't know why everyone is so eager and anxious about it, though.

Obama has clearly stated in a news conference that he will let us know. There MAY be a REALLY good reason for him to keep it under wraps until the new Senator is selected OR Blago is out of office. There may be a whole lot more to this that we know about. Maybe Obama and his staff are involved in a sting to bust dirty Chicago politics wide open.

The reason they did this right now is that Blago was getting ready to sell the seat. They may have wanted to wait and catch some other people in the net. Maybe they're still hoping to do that. Who knows?

I'm willing to wait for the truth. I don't know why everyone is so anxious about it. If Obama is innocent (which I believe he is) then why do a few names matter? Even if it's Rahm that did the dirty work for the sting. I think it's pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Everyone loves the smell of a little blood in the water.

Including me.
Just on of those guilty pleasure of bipartisan politics.

This case is indeed big and getting bigger. Obama needs to contain his knee jerk denial reaction that has become so prevalent with regards to those he is associated with. He makes himself appear oblivious to those that surround him. We don't need an oblivious president.

He cares to much about what people think of him. That is why he is so quick to deny. He mentioned in his book that he didn't want to be labeled as a sell out while in college. That statement in itself tells me that he is highly sensitive to what others think about him.

Anyway, blah blah blah sorry for the side bar.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Want a third beer Irishdude?

Chicago Sun Times questions if Emanuel is the 'advisor to the president elect' that is mentioned in the indictment.

Yes ... there is blood in the water.
It's not something that a bandaid can take care of either.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Everyone loves the smell of a little blood in the water.

Yeah. And some are drooling.

He cares to much about what people think of him. That is why he is so quick to deny.

Again, you could be right, but I have my doubts as to WHY he's denying contact. I think there's more going on.

One thing we do know is that SOMEBODY had to tell Blago that his pick of Jerrett would only get the President-elect's appreciation and nothing more. So... we already know that SOMEONE talked to Blago. My guess is that it's Rahm. But that doesn't implicate him in any wrong-doing at all. Quite the contrary.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Rahm Emanuel Reportedly Spoke with Blagojevich About Senate Seat

www.myfoxchicago.com...;jsessionid=15FE80D5DF88681C80B506FF4E0DE056?contentId=8054792&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VS TY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Chicago -- The firestorm surrounding Governor Blagojevich is putting some heat on Barack Obama’s transition team. Fox Chicago News has learned about possible conversations between a top Obama aide and the governor regarding the open senate seat.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well be keeping you busy reading this morning Irish ...

Some more stories on the Obama advisor Blago connection.

Politico News Stories

Washington Times

Change you can believe in
It looks like some of the Obama/Blago meeting information is disapearing from the web.

I highly doubt that someone like Obama, who from my point of view micro manages everything, wouldn't know that his people were meeting with Blago and that he wouldn't know what they were meeting about. This is Chicago politics we are talking about and Obama is part of the Chicago political machine. Unless, of course, he's totally unaware of his surroundings. That's not the Emmanuel I knew ... (again)?

edited immediately to add - sorry Irish, but I don't think that Obama's 'intervention led to the case' as your headline says. I'm thinking his people were in it up to their eyeballs. Politicians know how not to get their own hands dirty and how to use their 'advisors' - one degree of separation and all that ...

[edit on 12/12/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Your link is messed up.

Link

The video there said the discussions between Blago and Rahm may have been taped.
I hope so!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
In the original media announcment on CNN by the prosecutor, he said that wire taps had been used more than 3 times in the last 5 years. He said that the compilation of the quotes he gave where over a 5 year period and just recently, because of the percieved problem with buying the Senate seat, they acted to arrest Blago. He said there would be more arrests so they sure took their time trying to draw in many more in the Daley machine before Blago tripped on his tongue. If this investigation is allowed to continue unabated its going to be interesting who they go after next!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Exclusive: Media Suddenly Discovers Obama’s Case of SCS – Shady Crony Syndrome

familysecuritymatters.org...

Here is my question to the media,

WHY?

The media had to have known of Chicago style politics,

I don't get it.

And still they coddle to this guy, oh Obama is surrounded by all these shady characters, yet remains untouched by any scandal?

It is only a matter of time.

Then he is to dumb to be president.

Obama & Emanuel Are So Close With Blagojevich That They Led His Campaign For Governor, I have yet to hear this told by the MSM.

Emanuel also was senior advisor and chief fundraiser for Richard M. Daley.

Emanuel served as a senior advisor to President Bill Clinton.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

As Gov. Rod Blagojevich was trying to pick Illinois' next U.S. senator, businessmen with ties to both the governor and U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. discussed raising at least $1 million for Blagojevich's campaign as a way to encourage him to pick Jackson for the job, the Tribune has learned.

Blagojevich made an appearance at an Oct. 31 luncheon meeting at the India House restaurant in Schaumburg sponsored by Oak Brook businessman Raghuveer Nayak, a major Blagojevich supporter who also has fundraising and business ties to the Jackson family, according to several attendees and public records

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Obama & Emanuel Are So Close With Blagojevich That They Led His Campaign For Governor, I have yet to hear this told by the MSM.

I heard that DAYS ago on MSM Where have you been? Just because you're finding out about it now doesn't mean it's new or "sudden".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join