It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops may get security guards for protection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Cops may get security guards for protection

www.news.com.au

The attack follows a similar incident at the Joondalup police station on Monday night when a ute was driven to the station's doors and set alight, causing extensive damage.

Security at stations was being reviewed, including the option of placing security guards at stations considered at risk, West Australian Police Commissioner Karl O'Callaghansaid.

"If we see this escalating we might have to place security guards or something like that in the short term," Mr O'Callaghan said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I had to read the story twice before I could comprehend what they were saying fully. They are thinking of putting Security Guards in Police Stations?

Am I the only one that finds the situation unbelievable?

Protecting the Police... Who will protect the Security Guards? That's what I am most concerned about.

What does every one else think?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-12-2008 by darkmaninperth]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
What i don't understand is how not one single cop was at the front desk when this happened ( guess they were out the back watching TV )

This is a 24 hour station and some one should be at the front counter at ALL time's..So why should they need security Gard's at all??

I'm at a loss how some people in our world think

[edit on 10-12-2008 by duffster]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
You have got to be freaking kidding me. I swear most countries outside the US have the most candy ass police in the world.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This could just be another propaganda to acclimatize the people into accepting civilian armed forces. So what else is new?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
This could just be another propaganda to acclimatize the people into accepting civilian armed forces. So what else is new?

Maybe it is just stupid policy making.

Do you really believe this to some tool of the NWO?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
You have got to be freaking kidding me. I swear most countries outside the US have the most candy ass police in the world.

Exactly. NOTHING like this would ever happen in the US. (I'm not being sarcastic.) American police are more professional than this.

Again. This is happening in Australia. Chances of this happening in America are slim to none. It would have to take somebody very brazen and professional to pull off a stunt like this. Nine times out of ten you'd be hard pressed to find such a criminal mastermind. And even if something like this were to happen? Chances of being successful in significantly crippling a police force by attacking their headquarters? Again--slim to none. They won't get far.

I find this kind of ridiculous myself but I mean at the same it doesn't seem all that much out of ordinary. We already have private security firms guarding prisons here in America. I have a co-worker who is a former corrections officer. So why not.

With the increasing imminent danger in the world due to the dwindling economy. I can see why private security personnel would be needed to supplement normal police forces. Although security officers are not law enforcement personnel, there are a few things security officers can do that peace officers can't. And vice-versa.

[edit on 12/10/08 by Marked One]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One

Exactly. NOTHING like this would ever happen in the US.

Wait... what?

Nobody would ever attack a police station?

Or police stations would never hire armed security to patrol their grounds?

Cause, I can see both situations to be quite possible in any country... yes, the states too.

If there aren't enough trained police to guard the building, then alternatives have to be found until then.

... you currently have what... a handful of police officers for all of Maine?

I think it would be pretty darned easy to knock over a police station in the US...
and very likely that they'd hire assistance.

Especially when you consider how far you have to travel to get to the next major population area... you could wipe out an entire police force, and leave town before the neighboring police force even got to the city limits.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I don't know what it's like in other parts of the U.S., but in this neck of the woods it would take 10 minutes tops for the police from the nearest town to get to my house. That town has separate headquarters for the Sheriff and the city police. It's 15 for the next nearest town, tops. 15 for the state police, tops.

Plus, this state has Constables which are separate from the other forces as well, but I'm not sure if they're able to be called up for emergency situations.

It would take a very large and very professional group to pull off an assault on this county's police forces. Very. And this is a rinky dink area that you could call "in the middle of nowhere," except it's not really in the middle of anything.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

This could just be another propaganda to acclimatize the people into accepting civilian armed forces.

That's why I'm amazed the media isn't playing on this more. The PTB could easily define whoever did it as a terrorist, thus lowering the definition of terrorist a little bit more. But they haven't.

I can see civilian security protecting police easily. Here they protect our military installations, so it won't be viewed as a big deal.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Exactly. NOTHING like this would ever happen in the US. (I'm not being sarcastic.) American police are more professional than this.

Like professionally tasering people with broken backs? Or who are watching their father drown?

The US police are a bunch of trigger-happy thugs, it seems.

Originally posted by Marked OneAgain. This is happening in Australia. Chances of this happening in America are slim to none. It would have to take somebody very brazen and professional to pull off a stunt like this. Nine times out of ten you'd be hard pressed to find such a criminal mastermind. And even if something like this were to happen? Chances of being successful in significantly crippling a police force by attacking their headquarters? Again--slim to none. They won't get far.

I'd like to see your working-out here, please. I want to know what percentage you arrived at and how you got there.

Also, it's not "other countries" police forces that are in doubt, just the Australian one. I would like to see someone try this on the polizei in Germany. I was there recently, and they do not look like people with whom to mess.

I have to say, I never felt safer, though.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
What's wrong here? I don't see security at a police station being a bad thing.

The coppers have a job to do - and if there is a consistent problem with security it only takes them away from other issues and saps tax payers money.

Why not put security around - provides a few jobs and frees up coppers. The security don't ever need to arrest any one! - all they do is shout down the radio! But it's having the visible presence, that's the lions share of the deal.

And any way - don't they already have private security at other police site's? Like the offices and the vehicle lots

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
What's wrong here? I don't see security at a police station being a bad thing.

When mosy people view them as Fat lazy b'stards who are plastic Police, ten I think there is a problem.

We have a very anti-authoritarian culture and youngsters go out and just to stir them and get into a bit of a ruckus, so I can't see a few plastic rent-a-cops being a deterrent to any wrong doers.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

WHOA
no offense i assure you but please research and "deny ignorance"

this is something VERY possible and actually LIKELY to happen here in the US

things are getting bad, riots around the world and rebellions against police are taking place everywhere, even in the usa now factory workers are going back to staging sit ins and protests

everyday on the news there is nothing but police corruption

more and more on a daily basis society is getting more and more frustrated with police

not just criminals who are truly in the wrong, but respected activists, police themselves, grandmothers, grandfathers, all the way to respected city-wide activists and community leaders

theres a situation taking place in greece where riots are taking place over the shooting of a young teenage, and at the rate things are going here in the USA between the economy, the police corruption, and the renewed race wars that have been arising ever since the obama thing started, i can now truly see the USA completely turning on the police and the military, especially with the new plans coming to fruition to station military right here in the states, i mean if police abuse their power this much, just imagine what a bunch of ego enraged military men are going to do, just look at their actions overseas to learn of the human rights problems, can you imagine americans tolerating that in their own backyard by their own military??

i know the gangs of USA and the militias may not have the usa military firepower, or have the size in numbers and guns of other warring areas, but i do know matter of factly if things continue down the wrong path, then we can expect the same exact thing here in the usa

to be fully honest, im surprised there hasn't been more of a outrage and protest from the communities around the USA with all the situations that have already taken place

in my view its a powder keg waiting to blow and the fuse was already lit, it may be a long fuse that may be able to be extinguished, but its going to take alot to change the path we're on to put out that fuse

but history has proven time and time again, when the police and military stop working for the people and work against the people, the people overthrow the military and the police, may not be as easier as in past times, but if things are bad enough, citizens wont care about ease, just justice

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Dramey]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Wow, now I've seen it all.
What kind of pansy cop needs a security gaurd to protect him.

How about making the security gaurd the cop, and firing the cop who's too candy@&% to protect himself?
O, wait... That would make too much sense, and save too much money.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

No you're right.

Oh wait a sec... what was that really big one called? erm, something like the
'Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building'.

Apart from that then.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Just want to point out that they have now charged two men with the attacks on the cop shop.

Police arrest second man over station firebombing

Craig Meyrick of Heathridge has been charged with two counts of willful damage by fire. (ABC)

Map: Joondalup 6027
Two men have been charged by Police investigating Monday night's firebomb attack on the Joondalup police station.

A fuel-laden utility was backed up to the front doors of the station and set alight, burning the front of the building and forcing the evacuation of about a dozen officers.

There were no injuries but the blaze caused damage estimated at $500,000.

Late yesterday, 31-year-old Craig Meyrick of Heathridge was charged with two counts of willful damage by fire.

Last night police detained and questioned 26-year-old Ryan Thomas Jones.

They later charged him with a range of offenses including willful damage by fire and stealing a motor vehicle.

Both men remain in custody and are expected to appear in court this morning.

An investigation is continuing into the firebombing of two cars belonging to police officers at the Warwick police station early yesterday morning

Makes me wonder how do people really think they are going to get away with this kind of act.... I guess every country has their own NUTTERS.

www.abc.net.au...

[edit on 11-12-2008 by duffster]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Exactly. NOTHING like this would ever happen in the US.

Wait... what?

Nobody would ever attack a police station?

Or police stations would never hire armed security to patrol their grounds?

Cause, I can see both situations to be quite possible in any country... yes, the states too.

If there aren't enough trained police to guard the building, then alternatives have to be found until then.

... you currently have what... a handful of police officers for all of Maine?

I think it would be pretty darned easy to knock over a police station in the US...
and very likely that they'd hire assistance.

Especially when you consider how far you have to travel to get to the next major population area... you could wipe out an entire police force, and leave town before the neighboring police force even got to the city limits.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by johnsky]

Well not necessarily 'NEVER'.

But if you take it at face value. Chances of a police station being successfully assaulted are rather slim. Particularly VERY slim when it's in a heavily populated urban center as opposed to a small town out in the boonies. (Now a city like Detroit, Michigan. Or St. Louis, Missouri? MAYBE it would be more likely. Especially with the current political/economic climate combined with the fact that Detroit is presently the number one city in America with the highest crime rate. Before Detroit, it was St. Louis.)

And in small towns like that? Some police departments simply march their officers out the door with just their badge and gun and police the town just like that. (By this I mean they're giving very basic training. If you do come across a highly trained officer chances are he sought the training for himself and paid for it out of his/her own pocket. It wasn't department-furnished.) Some but not all towns. And in some cases; police officers in small rural towns can be FAR bigger jerks than police officers from heavily populated urban centers. For obvious reasons. Particularly when they're confronted with 'city-folk'.

As far as police departments hiring private security personnel to protect their stations? Like I said. It doesn't seem that far off. We already have a lot of prisons being guarded by private security officers. I know this because I am one myself.

[edit on 12/11/08 by Marked One]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkmaninperth
Maybe it is just stupid policy making.

Do you really believe this to some tool of the NWO?

Not really. But I do believe in the NWO.

And you must've noticed by now the governments don't cater to the welfare of the people. Governments are not that stupid. Individual politicians who get caught are.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by eldard]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

No you're right.

Oh wait a sec... what was that really big one called? erm, something like the
'Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building'.

Apart from that then.

Yes. But that was just that one case. How often do situations like THAT occur in the United States? Rarely.

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth

Like professionally tasering people with broken backs? Or who are watching their father drown?

The US police are a bunch of trigger-happy thugs, it seems.

US Police...trigger-happy thugs?! WHAT?!

OH PLEASE!!!

You think US Police are trigger happy thugs?!

You know what? Go to Mexico. Over there you'll get busted by three cops for blowing a stop sign at a green traffic signal.

NO! That was NOT a typo! A stop sign accompanying a traffic signal. You'll find plenty of those in Mexico.

And the only way to weasel your way out of such a sticky situation is to bribe them. (For best results, bribe them with American money or any money they know is worth more than pesos. Or if you're short on money but you are a decently attractive female? Sexual favors will work just fine.)

And if you piss of a Mexican cop the slightest? Or you run from them? They won't use an air-taser on you (Taser-tech is in use in Mexico but only with Police Departments that can afford it!). They will shoot at you with an automatic rifle! Regardless of whether you are armed or not. This will happen throughout most of Latin-America. IMHO the worst that will happen is they'll arrest you and stick you in a rat-infested jail cell and leave you there to rot.

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
I'd like to see your working-out here, please. I want to know what percentage you arrived at and how you got there.

First of all. I'm a law enforcement major. Second of all I work as a security officer. Third of all it's common sense.

Again. For instance. Compare a place like "Detroit, Michigan" with another city like "San Antonio, Texas." Now I've never been to Michigan but I've lived in Texas before. And SAPD has more than plenty of officers to police the city and still have enough to leave behind at all of their police stations. Now San Antonio does have a decently high crime rate.

However, in stark contrast, San Antonio's crime-rate pales in comparison to the crime rate of Detroit. First of all factor in the current economic crisis. Job lay-offs at vehicle manufacturers. The massive amount of ethnic minorities. Particularly their Muslim population which is still drastically growing.

Odds of something like an assault on a police station in Detroit are decently high. (Most likely I'm guessing hypothetically the attackers would be Islamic Jihadists.) Although why would they need to do something like attack a police station? What's to gain out of that? A decent chunk of the police are corrupt and are in bed with the organized crime element.

[edit on 12/12/08 by Marked One]

top topics

join