It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens came here looking for gold? Why? ANSWER FOUND?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
One thing that never quite sat right with me in these theories of ancient visitations was that they apparently came to earth for Gold. Why Gold? Gold is only worth something because we humans put a value on it, I found it ignorant to assume that other non-Earth originated species would want anything to do with our gold, and certainly would not come to Earth looking for it.

Before I go on, let's concur that space travel requires a LOT of energy, to the point where our current science cant explain where such UFOs would get it from. Correct? One of the theorised solutions would be the use of antimatter.

But how do you create and collect antimatter?

Apparently, you use GOLD.

dsc.discovery.com...

Blasting a gold target with high-powered lasers creates huge amounts of antimatter, reported scientists from the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory at a conference last week.

So what if they indeed did come to earth to mine Gold, but not for any purposes we identify with, but for fuel?

Or what if they didnt even come to Earth for that purpose, but Earth was just a pit stop, a gas station, on their way somewhere else?

We've always asked, if they visited us, what made us so significant? Maybe we werent, maybe we were just convenient. I certainly dont find the gas station clerk significant on the way to work. Are we arrogant in thinking they visited us for us? Maybe they just wanted to fill up their ships on their way elsewhere and interacting with us was just a by product and really didnt mean much to them, thus they arent bothered in returning.

Fuel for thought. Pun intended.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
reply to post by Mikeraphone

proof? aliens?

[edit on 9-12-2008 by NavalFC]

Proof that gold can be used to create antimatter: dsc.discovery.com...

As for proof of Aliens, I have none, nor offer any. I am simply commenting on the various theories out there about Niberu and the such and about Aliens coming here for gold. I always thought "why gold?" Well here is an answer, to either be used in fiction, or to explain real events, either way, it fits the stories, whether you believe them to be real or not.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
that's quite an interesting theory. I am myself very skeptical on alien life visiting Earth, in fact I believe they wouldn't even attempt to make a trip all the way to our little planet that is localized in a corner of the milky way galaxy (assuming they exist). however if they really do visit i believe you might be right on thinking that the aliens only use our planet as a gas station. If one looks at the location of our solar system, one would wonder why the aliens would bother coming all the way here just to look at our decaying planet.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
There are other forms of matter that these aliens are said to use. They use element 115 which is not available on earth. They use this element to generate artifical gravity that bends space time making inter stellar travel a reality. This element when bombarded also produces anti matter

Check these websites

Bob lazar

Gravity Warp Drive

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
That would explain why gold as been used store of value since the beginning of recorded history.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Starred and flagged, I thought that people have been saying for a long time that 'anti-matter' does not exist. I was never really into the subject so, if this article is factual then the arguement is over.

Interesting read, thanks.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Call me crazy, but I think advanced ETs could likely create their own gold out of other elements. A friend with a physics degree once told me how in college they created gold in an experiment, but it was an infinitesimally small amount.
For an advanced civilization that discovered nuclear physics a millennium ago, it must be child's play.

That's interesting about anti-matter from gold, but I'm skeptical that mining natural resources is a primary or even tertiary reason aliens visit our planet, now or in the past.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Call me crazy, but I think advanced ETs could likely create their own gold out of other elements. A friend with a physics degree once told me how in college they created gold in an experiment, but it was an infinitesimally small amount.
For an advanced civilization that discovered nuclear physics a millennium ago, it must be child's play.

That's interesting about anti-matter from gold, but I'm skeptical that mining natural resources is a primary or even tertiary reason aliens visit our planet, now or in the past.

You do have a point but look at it like this; I could create fuel at home, but I dont, I go to a petrol station, especially if I am a long way away from home.

Just because the technology exists to make gold, doesnt mean they would ALL have access to it, we dont have access to the technology to create our own fuel. So what if these were just galactic travelers, who ran low on fuel and stopped by earth to pick some up for their journey home, or wherever they were going.

Your argument is like saying ants look at us and say "why do they drive, they have the technology to fly," or "why do they buy fuel, they have the technology to create it." Sure THEY, the civilization, species as a whole, might have the technology to create gold, but that doesnt necessarily mean THEY, as in the visitors, had access to it.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Haven't alchemists been trying to create Gold for hundreds of years?

If your friend has discovered how to make 'gold' he can be a millionaire and share the secret with the rest of the scientific community. i would need proof of this first ...

back on main topic , very interesting concept you have come up with there, many of the stories/myths say these beings mined the earth for Gold.. i always thought why?> whats the point? Gold is only valuable on this planet because it is rare .. elsewhere it could be abundant.. but its not for riches .. its for the anti-matter .. an experiment i also perused myself .. although the amount of anti-matter created was super small .. still an interesting idea.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Matter transmutation, the old goal of alchemy, enjoyed a moment in the sun in the 20th century when physicists were able to convert platinum atoms into gold atoms via a nuclear reaction. However, the new gold atoms, being unstable isotopes, lasted for under five seconds before they broke apart. More recently, reports of table-top element transmutation—by means of electrolysis or sonic cavitation—were the pivot of the cold fusion controversy of 1989. None of those claims have yet been reliably duplicated.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Gold's also a very good conductor, and is pretty heavily used in electronics.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Very interesting theory and may have some mileage.

In Egyptian times, the gold was not just a valuable commodity but also technology around it was quite advanced. Many believe that the Egytpptians were electro plating the stuff - hence the very thin leaf gold on so many statues. Was this bought to Earth?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
Haven't alchemists been trying to create Gold for hundreds of years?

If your friend has discovered how to make 'gold' he can be a millionaire and share the secret with the rest of the scientific community. i would need proof of this first ...

He was a physics major and commissioned officer in the military. He wasn't lying. I'm no scientist, so I can't explain exactly how it's done. But I know we've been able to create gold in nuclear physics laboratories for a while. I said it was minute amounts. They're not cranking out gold bullion.

Google is your friend.

A University of Missouri team, led by an Indian origin researcher, has devised a new eco-friendly method to create gold nanoparticles without any negative environmental impact, which is otherwise associated with their production.

www.andhranews.net...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hey cool thread , is interesting that they wanted gold like some of the other posters said.

and you are right we could just be a huge gas station
now thats funny

Nice link tho between the gold and the nibiru story, but didnt they also say "that sitchen bloke" that they used it in there atmosphear or something? .. but neways thats another topic/thread.

Good find sir! very interesting

flagged !

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Don't assume that the rest of the universe has the same composition as the Earth. Other planets have different proportions of metals.

For instance, they could go to this star and collect far more of it than they could on Earth:
www.spaceref.com...

And that's just one star that's close to us. There are other older galaxies and stars out there. And, as others pointed out, it's fairly easy to construct once you have fission reactors.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeraphone

Just checking ... You have read Sitchin right???? .. Fuel maybe but lets just take their(annunaki) word for it. They needed the gold to fix their atmosphere . They believed their spaceship would be able to extract it from the Ocean water's .. It did'nt quite work right
... So they got out the picks and started mining. This worked for a little while until they got tired of the the hard work. Enter a little genetic manipulation / add one caveman ..and whalaaaa you have your laborers and now you are a god.

Start the story of Genesis there.... and there you go.
By the way strangely enough scientists now believe that gold actually could be used to fix the Ozone problem. Imagine that

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
they could've mined asteriods for gold. or maybe even raked off a small layer of the sun and let it cool into whatever metals they want. or maybe a thousand other theories.

if aliens require mass resources to travel then they are only moderately advanced at space travel. if they've mastered insterstellar travel then they would very likely not need mass resources.

what are the chances that a species of aliens that can travel space but not sustain it indefinately are within our range considering all the galaxies out there? it's staggering to even contemplate.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Here is a thought. The Ocean contains a vast amount of gold. You just have to get it out of the water. It probably wouldn't take much gold to produce alot of energy if you are dealing with anti-matter.

UFO's have often been seen either under water, emerging from or going into the water, or hovering about the water. There have even been cases of what looks like them funneling water up into themselves. It is possible they are mining gold, or other minerals.

A thought anyway.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Maybe they just wanted to see the Grand Canyon while they stocked up. Or perhaps Niagara Falls. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeraphone
We've always asked, if they visited us, what made us so significant? Maybe we werent, maybe we were just convenient. I certainly dont find the gas station clerk significant on the way to work. Are we arrogant in thinking they visited us for us? Maybe they just wanted to fill up their ships on their way elsewhere and interacting with us was just a by product and really didnt mean much to them, thus they arent bothered in returning.

Fuel for thought. Pun intended.

Definitely a blow to the ego to be sure.

But may not be far from the truth...

Peace

dAlen

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join