It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bored Google Ideas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Okay so this may not be that interesting, but I was bored. So I Googled "HIDDENPAGE" and had something to do for an hour or so...

It's amazing how many people just add the extension /hiddenpage.html to supposedly hide some super secret pictures or something.

Okay, not really amazing... but still. Most appear to be in Japanese for some reason though alot of US companies seem to have the "oh so tricky" hiddenpage (though it's usually blank).

Some people are funny like "What the hell are you doing on my super secret page?" and some are obviously planted for people to find.

A couple local bands I saw have them:

www.rooftopsuicideclub.com...

www.hatchsite.com...

Leading me to believe some real bands might have better hidden pages.

Of course, some are just pointless warnings from the devil himself: www.717.info... (BOO!)

And even others appear to be places to hide pictures Mom isn't supposed to see: www.wuzzyfuzzy.com...

So I guess it's not that fun. I stopped looking after a couple pages.

Hey webmasters, give us more ideas to search for???

PS: "SECRETPAGE" seems to be even more popular.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Try some of these for interesting results

"Index of /secret"
"Index of /hidden"

Basically you can substitute any name in after the / and get some very interesting results. Actually google can be a huge security risk if admins dont properly lock down their sites and make sure to keep the robots.txt file up to date with areas not to be indexed by the bots.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by alternateheaven]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yeah, google can be a really interesting toy for one who have time to waste. Even the image section.

Lol... I like that image in one of your link hehehehehe...

new topics

join