It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you buy a book about the making of ATS/BTS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
How many of you would buy a book about the making of the ATS/BTS network?

I really think that it would be over the top cool to read about the trials and tribulations of Pushing, prodding, lovingly nudging the Above Top Secret Network to the tops of the Online community.

A history of, and a glimpse into, the inner workings of the minds that have created and nurtured the greatest Conspiracy website the world has ever known.

A book that would give us a feel for what it is like to be the spearheads of the most controversial, user driven global forum in the history of Man.

What it's like..day to day, month to month, year after year.
To rise above the naysayers, detractors and downright enemies of truth.

To read from the Amigos, how to wage the war to deny ignorance. How they overcame, and persevered in the face of adversities that
we, as users, may never..ever.. know about.

The Joys, the personal triumphs, the comraderies of the teamwork amongst the Moderators.

We all know that The main stream media peeks in here (among others) to get a pulse on what "the people think" about some subjects posted here.
And it is my belief, that even at times they get their info from these very pages.

How did this happen? Could there be, Should there be, a book written by the dreamers that have forged this "User Driven Ecosystem"
from a passion to deny ignorance, into one of the fastest growing websites in the world?

What say you.....readers.....thinkers......dreamers.......skeptics...... believers..... ATS'ers?

What say you?

Would you buy the book?
Note: The Amigos are aware of at least (my) desire to see a book of this kind published.
I asked, and made it clear, that I did not expect an answer. Well, I asked if Skeptic Overlord was thinking about it.
Oh, Just read it here.
Announcing The ATS Book of Threads

Let this thread help them move a little closer to the inevitable book, They must someday, Publish!

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
No, I could just read about it on the site or listen to the podcast they did about the history of the site.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well, I guess thats the answer...after 24+ hours.
no one really cares
thanks anyway
Sorry Springer, I guess Skeptic Overlord was right.
No takers.....

But, somehow I think If the messenger would have been one of you, the buttox shallac artists would have brought wet brushes.
Peace brothers.....
It's all good
Thanks enjoies05 For your honesty....better than most could muster.
That should say something, I just haven`t figured out what, yet.

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Don't get too bummed out with the lack of replies...

I would much rather watch a short video than read a "short" story about the founding, progression, internal-fights/victories, success of this site...

Though most of this can be understood by going thru archived threads...how far back you can go, no idea - but give it a shot...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Don't get too bummed out with the lack of replies...

I would much rather watch a short video than read a "short" story about the founding, progression, internal-fights/victories, success of this site...

Though most of this can be understood by going thru archived threads...how far back you can go, no idea - but give it a shot...

Oh....you are right ..I was a little bummed at few responses, and I have read and seen all the Short stories, Mix shows, (i have 2 left to listen to)
Nope..in 12,000 hrs + reading the old threads...I ain't got to em all yet...slow reader i guess...just started on BTS last night. hrrmmmm.
But you do have a point.....Instant gratification in today's world, is far easer to sell to the kiddies that don't wish to spend the time to READ.
So...will that be the ultimate fate or any readership here?
Reduced to a Youtube...instant gratifacation party? with no text too read?......Quickly approaching it , if what you say is true...we are rapidly
approaching this..hence the need . Oh, you are right ....I am bummed...did you get this far in your reading?

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

I take in as much literature as I can...

I do not troll this site in hopes of finding a 300 page book to satisfy my curiosities; I troll in hopes of finding small bits of information that lead me to the truth, as well as allow me to occasionally flame the current town idiot...no reference to yourself mind you.

Make no mistake friend...this is an instant gratification site. That was the rationale for the youtube comment and nothing more.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Well said, thanks for your resopnse...I truly ment no offence to you.

I just really do enjoy this site...and have asked Skeptic Overlord,
if he considered writing a book about his adventures with ATS.
Springer chimed to us that, He had brought up the subject of a possible book....it was apparently poo pooed..on the assumption that a book of this nature, would not sell..I told Springer that It would sell. And started this thread to prove it.......

Now If Springer or Skeptic Overlord would have started this thread...

What say you then???

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I listened to the podcast with Dave Rabbit interviewing the Three Amigo's, I can't remember how short it was or how long it was for that matter....but a book is something I would most definitely be interested in

Why wouldn't I want to know as much History as I could possibly learn, about the website that has claimed countless hours of my time and provided me with some of the best reading I have ever read?

Honestly, some of the best conspiracy theories/opinions/ideas come from this site, from a such a diverse group of people, all over the world...

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yes a book would be a good idea.
Possibly for reasons, as of yet, unknown. Some of the things that make me think it would be a good idea include the possible future moderation of the entire internet. Sites like this may very well be pushed out by TPTB, so a hardback hard-copy (for use of better words) would be a good idea.

Something people can put their hands on and physically touch.. a solid memory of a site that once was a part of the free internet.

visions of the Nazi party burning books comes to mind when you consider the idea of the internet being completely controlled... allowed to see and do only that which TPTB deem 'good'.

A video would be a good idea too. ow to implement that in a way that is informative enough for people to 'buy' is another thing, but at the moment we have things such as youtube hat, I'm sure, would be very happy to see an ATS vid plastered all over the net.

Even if the net or ATS never do fall by the wayside, to have a book on such a site may very well be quite a collectible item for those who look at things in that way.

George Adamski probably never immagined that his book Flying Saucers Have Landed would ever become as collectible as it is now (I have a copy- much glee )

It's the same with the new Above Top Secret book that we are all aware of (and should be reading hehehe). It is a part of the phenomenon of ATS and will, I'm sure, be as collectible as something by Renoir or Mozart et al.

Anything that promotes or introduces this site to the masses can only be a good thing. I know, from first hand experience, that their are millions of people out there who are being continously led down the path of blinkered ignorance and are unable to gain any internet access.

Surely, it must be for these, that books like those listed above are pushed out there and given the coverage they so rightly deserve and urgently need on a global scale. Then we may never see the moderation of the internet and ATS, free speach and freedom of choice will reign.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
A book sounds like an excellent commercial opportunity. I'm sure it would be most entertaining.

Unfortunately, and speaking for myself alone, I am more interested in the content of the exchanges of its members than the saga of the relationships and growth of the enterprise itself.

Frankly, I would have though a nice online interactive web-based presentation would have more direct use than a printed book. But that's just me.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

NO

I am tired of ATS books. I want a book all about me, my posts and my threads. Every chapter has to be about me and all that encompass my greatness here at ATS. Every chapter would look deeper into my conscious and you would soon get to understand Ign0RanT. IT HAS TO BE ABOUT ME ME ME ME ME ME.

Naw, kidding an ATS/BTS book would be an amazing idea. Not sure if I would want to dish out another 20$ for it though.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'd personally love to see one and I've made that known on a different thread. From all of the tools/utilities on the site, guests, podcasts, debates, points systems etc...this cannot be an easy site to maintain and try to constantly evolve.

I'm sure there is a deluge of things that go on behind the scenes that the owners have to deal with on a constant basis just to keep the site up and running. Instead of taking the site for granted I would like to know more of what goes on behind the curtains and get a more intimate and passionate knowledge of those that make it tick, more than they have already done. To me, this site is one of a kind. Sure, many others may offer the same services but I think this one is maintained and has a culture like none other.

Again, mark me down for "yes please".

new topics

top topics

join