It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Warrior in the past 1,000 years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Earlier someone said the christains destroyed the Alaxandrian Church. Wasnt it the Muslims that did that??? BUt back to the point id like to change my vote from attila to Sun Tzu without him how amny of these great leaders would have still have been great? Nepolian was also a great leader.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Alexandrian church? You mean the Alexandrian library? Or the church when the Muslims took over?

Heh...you know why muslims build the tall towers? It has a lot more to do with than just to have the priest/shiek whomever he is, be heard by all.

They built the Tall towers in christian areas to show that MUSLIMS WERE HERE heh....anyways.

I still say the Greek Hoplite was the best "warrior" remember, we're talking warriors, not oaf generals who sit behind the lines reading maps

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I disagree with the Greeks, Fm. If the way you described their fighting is true, then they don't seem too bright, charging at each other. Whilst you might think this is brave, it could hardly be considered genious military thinking.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
OOOOPSS Alaxandrian Library i distinctively remember reading that out of at least 2 differnt history books that the muslims burned it to the ground because it defied the teachings of Alah. I dont get what ur implying FM about the towers???

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
China had an Ok army. Im talking about Persians and The Russian cavalry was very powerful (and had far superior numbers ). Khan was not seen as a great conquer since he was a eastern barbarian in western eyes. His great battles were not put to writing like Alexanders were. So in the western world he is thought of a loser.

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
you still havent told me where I'm wrong about Napolean..

and me saying he's dumb is not a fact, it's a opinion..

just like right now, i'mma call you a herb, that's my opinion not a fact.. though it seems it may be a fact now.

[Edited on 1-23-2003 by Illmatic67]

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Genghis Khan: I lived in Mongolia for the most impressionable years of my life, and consider Temujin an incredible leader.

Robert E. Lee: You cannot deny it, he was one of the greatest tacticians of his time, and a gentleman. (also on the civil war: Sherman was one of the first believers in total war, a style of war that included everyone including non-combatants. Longstreet: the progenitor of modern trench and defensive warfare.)

William Wallace: I am descended from Robert the Bruce so I think he is a great man.

There are others.

I am a horrible decision maker because I look at all sides of an issue so I have many favorites.

XAOS

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Miyamoto Musashi is easily the best warrior of the last thousand years if not of all time. He fought in over sixty duels which he never lost one(one was actually a tie) He was a master of the Art of War and wrote a comparable book in his last days called "The Book of Five Rings" which was more about personal strategy but could be applied to a large scale war.

ONE

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Miyamoto Musashi is easily the best warrior of the last thousand years if not of all time. He fought in over sixty duels which he never lost one(one was actually a tie) He was a master of the Art of War and wrote a comparable book in his last days called "The Book of Five Rings" which was more about personal strategy but could be applied to a large scale war.

ONE

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I like Patton.

With a General like Patton, even if you have to go fight in Hell, you'll win.

But my vote is going to Mac Arthur !

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
JOAN OF ARC
MAHOMET
CHE GUEVARA
SARAH CONOR
THE GENERAL GRANT
THE GENERAL DESMICHELS
and
SAMO HUNG (but only in shangai)

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Who ever it was it was some geezer with sword, sheild or spear facing straight on to another opponent.

Just watched a program where they trained a bunch of US soildiers, policemen and firefighters to dress, live and fight like Roman legionaries. Even these well trained men at the peak level of fitness found it exhausting and the battle training indicative of how terrifying it must have been for real.

The general consensus was that they were real hard men in those days.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think George W Bush is the best. I mean, look at him! He's a genius! I know you will all agree with me...

...*AHEM* j/k

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
quote from illmatic "he was fighting the most evil people of all, the white americans"

god i hope you die a slow miserable death. hopefully a white wasp is the one who kills you to for that matter.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tropes21
quote from illmatic "he was fighting the most evil people of all, the white americans"

god i hope you die a slow miserable death. hopefully a white wasp is the one who kills you to for that matter.

Don't go mad Tropes21. ISllamatic67 is just a little racist without any importance who like racist like him, i.e, MalX.

[Edited on 19-3-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Name one person that could defeat Miyamoto Musashi.

P.ositive E.nergy A.lways C.reates E.levation

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Actually I'll post this a second post, first off, Hannibal is the ONLY man in HISTORY to ever and I say EVER!!!! Completely surround an enemy army, COMPLETELY.

As he did with 80000 romans whom wouldn't give up and he completely slaughtered them.

It wouldn't be for another 2300 years before anyone would get that close to surrounding an entire army completely, do you know who that was? Bet you don't....Shwarztkopf, came very close to surrounding an entire Iraqi army but failed to close the gap.

As for Napoleon, most of the stuff you said about him was wrong Illimatic, just like about hannibal.

And your thinking that Alexander the Great, whom was great, he conquered lands all the way to India, he pushed farther than any greek knew how large the world was, and because of it most of his greek army left, and he was forced to raise a foriegn army to complete his conquest.

Also, the Library of Alexandria was destroyed by Christians some 500 years after the death of Alexander the Great. When it was destroyed it still had tons of information, that was when the dark ages began.

Sincerely,
no signature

What about the american army at Bastogne during the ardennes offencive?

Oh, yeah. Hannibal Is the greatest.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'mma call you mini-me from now on because your ALWAYS on my nuts.

tropes, I know what I said was wrong but if you knew anything about that time period you'd know why I said it, I apologize if it offended you.

Hannibal IS the greatest.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hannibal may have been the best general(along with Sun Tzu) but neither of them could have defeated Musashi in a one on on duel! Never.

Illmatic... Can you give me proof that Hannibal was an original man. According to Malachi Z. York; the Canaanites were actually white(the direct ancestors of the Phoenicians; due to a curse of leprosy.)
Check the curse of Ham (Canaan) in Genesis.

According to many "Gods and Earth's"(and the Mormon's), the Canaanites were black.

Let's build.

ONE

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   
EISENHOWER!!!!!!!

When he and the British handed France back over to them on a silver platter........how is that for justice!

American and Britsh blood shed for humanity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join