It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does man need God anymore?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This is so sad. I see little ifany understanding in this thread. You guys are talking from the standpoint that God (is) real. And you ask do we need him?

God supplies air to our lungs. God makes the resources needed to eat, breath, and live daily. Since God = creator. So this is what pride does to souls like I said.

Satan said he didn't need God, man says it daily and rebels and runs on pride, and thus this is why understanding is not found in this thread. I appluad the OPs sincerity in asking, but the questions can be answered by literal 10 year olds.

common sense can answer these questions mind you, only in temrs that God is real, from that standpoint.

and you talk about science. First of all science is gonna destroy our planet as God predicted 2000 years ago by a nuclear war.

So science goes so far and this is why God didn't make man too smart, but for the sake of the end times, satan has increased mans intelligence double, I don't know exactly how this works but it's a mystery. It might have to do with possesion. I don't know.

I had an ordeal happen to me a couple years ago where I had to be almost hospitalized because I couldn't eat for a week because I went through major anxiety and couldn't eat and was shaking on the ground, literally shaking from fear.

I couldn't breath.

God rempoved that, but that was the only thing that got me back to the sacraments. When I actually felt that I needed Gods grace and that's why he did that to me. Or allowed it.

or else I prbably never would of tended the sacraments. But the thing is, is that, for the first time I knew I needed God to breath, but that instance I actually (felt) it and what it's like to not be able to breath.

God said in hell, the things that will be punished most are mans pride and lust, and hatred.

those three are the worst, but pride is the biggest out of them all because man puts themselves above God who gave it to them to begin with.

peace.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Why must you degrade yourself by claiming it was god that was responsible for your recovery?
Why is it that god never makes anyone sick, but he always gets the credit for making them better?

Watch the video in the thread I posted, it may show you how irrational your beliefs are.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Because God says in our bible which I believe.

" All things work unto good for those who love God "

and so that ordeal got me back to communion, and what Iv'e felt communion do for my soul since cannot be described in words.

your irrationalism to me is called a super natural mystery. If a person gets sick then free will does that. But free will can ask God for a cure, yet I didn't have breath to ask for a cure, but he did it to force me to get to the sacraments.

My soul was sick, and he allowed me to literally not be able to breath on the point of hospitalization, and then it went away when I went back to church for the first time......

You will see my life in review soon after death and then God will show you what I mean.

other then that, think what you will.

peace.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
But humans have evolved to the persent time where we have the ability to create life, we can actually manufacture an atmosphere on a plant with none, we can (at will) destroy worlds (this or others). In this present time: we (in essance) play God on a daily basis. So, why do we need a God in our life?

i look at owning technology alot like owning a gun. a gun is a powerful thing, it can get you food (hunting), it can help protect you. it can obviously take a life too.

anyone who owns a gun understands that a certain amount of responsibility is involved. its realizing that just because you can do something, doesnt mean that you should.

that having been said, would anyone give a child a loaded gun to play with?

your right, we as humans can do alot. but that doesnt mean that we are responsible enough. problems like poverty and aids have relatively simple solutions, and yet they still plague us.

yes, i think we need god.

Even His practioners rarely follow His ways as stated.

that´s true. but i think its because more and more people, even if they dont realize it, are saying they dont need god. alot are worshipping god because of tradition, not because they actually think god will do anything.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

MY irrationalism?
Religious people think that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do, and if you're bad he will send you to hell to burn and suffer and scream and cry... but he loves you!

They follow a book that tells them that if their wife isn't a virgin on their wedding night that they should stone her to death. If your neighbor worships another god you should stone him to death. If you don't stone them to death, someone else who isn't a sinner like you should stone them AND you to death.
This same book that tells you that you should stone people to death, also tells you that murder is a sin...
This same book also says that it's ok to beat your slaves as long as you don't beat them so badly that you put their eyes or teeth out.

I know some people love to 'pick and choose' which parts of the bible they will and will not follow but that makes them hypocrites, there's nowhere in the new testament where it says you no longer have to follow the barbaric beliefs of the old testament.

So let me see if I got this right, I'M the IRRATIONAL one?

I'm not saying there isn't some higher being out there, but the "god" that modern man worships is nothing more than a 2,000 year old fairytale.
You might want to take a step back, and look at what the church and organized religion have brainwashed you into believing.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
To the OP the answer is because God exist. And if God exist we humans need God. If you haven't notice but life cannot continue without God. We are destroying the earth as it is. Thousand die because of this. If life is going to continue we need God and his angels to show us the way.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
No ashamed american, that whole tabacle of a post above comes from your mind with no understanding. Nobody brainwahsed my ass. Nobody.

First of all I didn't grow up religious. I didn't find God until I was 21, I never went to church never knew who jesus was.

I chose to worship the (invisible) God because it was my choice. To me he's not invisible. To 2,000 years of saints who talked to him he is not invisible. And you your mind is closed alrwady which means everything spuing out of your mouth is bias.

This invisible God, who btw came to earth in the midst of people and worked miracles has changed my heart and my life drastically, I can't even describe it in words.

So basically I could give a S*** less what you think. Stop with the damn invisible God crap.

Now as for the Goerge Carlin..

" But he loves you "

the thing about hell is, since your understanding is truly very shallow.

People chose hell. So if God allowed them time to convert they wouldn't want to be in heaven, they would still chose hell. Because their hearts are hardened in evil, and once that happens, it doesn't turn around once you make that choice to rebel.

Now if God has a house and he lets evrybody in to ruin it including murderers, robbers, hateful people and liars. Then he's not loving at all because they heaven would be hell.

But true love seperates evil by choice from the good and creates a perfect environment for his followers.

God does love us, but we chose hell and he has no other choice but to seperate from us.

you damn sure wouldn't let a robber live with you, and if you say you would, you're a liar.

Now as for stoning. God had rules back then to mkae a human suffer to pay the due of sin. It didn't mean they went to hell. Sin has to be payed by suffering because suffering what it does for the soul is undescribable. Iv'e suffered my whole life and I can't describe how ithumbles you out and produces graces.

Don't sit there on your little high stool judging God because he's the one who placed that heart you have in your body. Love comes from him.

and pride makes a soul not see this. Or blocks it. It's called humility.

so don't act like you care for the souls in the OT. God made them and loves them with a deep love you can't even imagine. Iv'e felt this love from communion and it cannot be described in here what iv'e felt from it.

anyways that fairytale 2000 years ago to some is not a fairytale but the son of God. And if you don't stay open to the possibility to him as the saviour then you are already closed off.

and so when I say irrational, you proved my point by your little close minded

" invivible fairytale "

God bless you.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I'm not saying there isn't some higher being out there, but the "god" that modern man worships is nothing more than a 2,000 year old fairytale.
You might want to take a step back, and look at what the church and organized religion have brainwashed you into believing.

Ok if you're are not saying there isn't a higher power, then how did you just make fun of our invisible one? I'm sure the higher power who you just mentioned is not visisble, so it's the same as ours, but why close your heart to Christ?

and the only thing religion has tuaght me.

" love my enemies and love my nieghbor "

This has changed my heart, because truly, before God taught me this through scripture, I hated my enemies and some of my neighbors.

so am I better off now or then?

all I'm saying son, is to realize some people like me love God and truly try and not be a hypocrite and want a simple peacful loving life without drama.

Many Christians are like me and are the same exact way.

God bless you.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

" love my enemies and love my nieghbor "

This has changed my heart, because truly, before God taught me this through scripture, I hated my enemies and some of my neighbors.

I used to abuse living things...until I read this scripture

I have not caused anyone's suffering . . .

From the commandments of the Book of the Dead

all I'm saying son, is to realize some people like me love God and truly try and not be a hypocrite and want a simple peacful loving life without drama.

And all I am saying is there are plenty of Pagans who are probably as good as you are. I just cannot tell why Christians think they are that much better. Humility does not seem to exist in some of them I met.

Oh well

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Jkd:

Or maybe they are listening to what they want to believe so they don't need to hold themselves accountable for what they do. "Forgive them, Lord, for they know what they do."

We also need to make sure we are not listening to the WRONG spirit, who wants you to believe that you don't need God anymore. Very dangerous path to follow.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You know what get me. Satan end the end of times is going to claim to be God. And yet his biggest lie is to get others to believe there is no God. LOL God bless

[edit on 13-12-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

slymattb:

You are right. It is all the more reason that we stay focused on the Word of God and stay in the spirit. If we are in total communion with the Father daily and in fellowship with other believers I think it will help us not fall for the evil that is going to come upon us very soon. Yes, more than ever, I would say the world NEEDS God. The question is will the world KNOW him.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You know the truth is that the only followship I get is from this site!! That and preaching to those that want to hear. It sucks sometimes because I just dont know everthing!!Lol o well I love God anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

slymattb:

Don't lose heart. No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. However, as it is written: No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him. - but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things of God.

You are not alone. All followers of Christ are part of each other and we have fellowship with him. Those who do not believe must have a pure heart and really be humble before the throne. I think pride is the biggest stumbling block in the way to one becoming a Christian.

Keep the faith,

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

People make choices in this life because they want to experience those choices, not because they want to go to hell. To send them to hell for that without fair notice seems unreasonable. Having some book written thousands of years ago is not fair warning for anyone outside of the time it was written in and those who directly got to experience whatever it was they experienced. Some brainwashed fools may buy into it centuries/millenia later like they'll buy into anything else they're taught or told is the truth, but that doesn't mean it's proper warning.

I'm not sure why there needs to be a hell in the first place. Isn't there some understanding us humans lack that makes us do what we do in this life? wouldn't we get that understanding once in God's presence? That understanding would get rid of all the hate, fear, shame, envy, pride, and ignorance that we have now that causes most people here to do bad things. There shouldn't be a need for a hell if that's the case. But then again this fairy tale says that there was a entity that was in heaven, and didn't think it was so great. The devil wanted more. Why? If heaven's so great, why would the devil want more? He could be selfish, or heaven might be overrated.

Why does anything done here matter, anyway? Nothing in this realm is eternal, everything experienced here is temporary. sin, pain, pleasure, good deeds, evil deeds. all of it wiped out of existence. Doesn't seem necessary to punish or reward people in an eternal realm for actions taken in a temporary one. especially when people are not made fully aware of the eternal realm while in the temporary realm.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
ThePiemaker

I don't think this is the thread for this but there is a heaven and hell and God and Christ. And there are things that are eternal like a soul and spirit.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

there's nowhere in the new testament where it says you no longer have to follow the barbaric beliefs of the old testament.

This is simply incorrect. There are plenty of examples in the New Testament. Here is just one:

Matt 5:38-39 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

This is a clear change from the Old Testament.

They follow a book that tells them that if their wife isn't a virgin on their wedding night that they should stone her to death. If your neighbor worships another god you should stone him to death. If you don't stone them to death, someone else who isn't a sinner like you should stone them AND you to death.
This same book that tells you that you should stone people to death, also tells you that murder is a sin...
This same book also says that it's ok to beat your slaves as long as you don't beat them so badly that you put their eyes or teeth out.

Not a single one of these is ever commanded of the New Testament Church. It simply isn't there. The rules you describe were given solely to the Hebrew children and not to the rest of the world. Furthermore, there was no promise of eternal life nor eternal damnation given to the Hebrew children for following or breaking these rules.

I suppose a person can hate what the Bible says, but it is silly to hate what the Bible does NOT say.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by PreTribGuy]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
No, we don't need God anymore.

We didn't need God anymore when Nietzsche said he was dead, and even well before then. We didn't need God anymore when the Catholic Church was killings millions of people across at least four continents.

What we need is for people to start thinking as individuals, building their beliefs and opinions from their own experiences and not from old, culturally-biased books defended by circular reasoning.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
DOES MAN STILL NEED GOD........
DOES GOD STILL NEED MAN.............

God is a divine consciousness that can't be proven to anyone BUT just the same those who experience the spiritual knowledge they share with the heavenly Father KNOW they still need God in their lives. A believer has given their whole self, body, mind, heart and spirit to the Father and he has given them forgiveness, love, mercy and joy beyond measure. We have a FAITH that is sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

YES, I NEED GOD!

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Grandma, you said:

God is a divine consciousness that can't be proven to anyone BUT just the same those who experience the spiritual knowledge they share with the heavenly Father KNOW they still need God in their lives. A believer has given their whole self, body, mind, heart and spirit to the Father and he has given them forgiveness, love, mercy and joy beyond measure. We have a FAITH that is sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

...and i have no idea what you meant by what you said.

God doesn't need to be proven. He "proves" Himself. When you talk about "spiritual knowledge" as a type of solitary revelation it makes me cringe (a bit).

I didn't find God (and by extension...Jesus); God found me!

You go on to proclaim that the believer has given (past tense) their whole self, body, mind, heart and spirit to the Father. I kinda "get what you are saying" but how is this lived out practically? Are you saying that anyone that has NOT given themselves to God completely are not saved? Not blessed?

There are a lot of fanciful words (phrases) tossed about within nominal Christianity and I like a lot of them. They are appealing to me.

Jesus DID make a lot of promises! (And I want to enjoy the blessings of all of them!) I just don't understand how you can imply (teach) a type of "perfectionism" to the Church as a type of teaching.

Which Saint can approach the throne of Grace unless they NEED grace?

I am trying to figure out what you are teaching Christians, Grandma. (1 Tim 2:12)

You said:

We have a FAITH that is sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

The Bible says this:
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Your paraphrase doesn't really match up with the text. I prefer the Bible over your paraphrase.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join