It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange weather phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Strange weather phenomenon-the objects could be ball lightning although the footage still looks a bit odd.

Also, this cloud one looks a bit freaky-(could not find previous post)

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The 2nd one I can't comment on.. its too hard to make anything out.

The 1st looks to me like sparks/cinders/fireworks being blowing into the frame from the left side, just past the large tree. The light it focuses on (before it even shows up) is quite stationary. Could easily be a tower with a slow flashing light.

It is odd the camera never pans that direction.

Nice lightning strikes in the background though.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
The 1st looks to me like sparks/cinders/fireworks being blowing into the frame from the left side, just past the large tree. The light it focuses on (before it even shows up) is quite stationary. Could easily be a tower with a slow flashing light.
Nice lightning strikes in the background though.

Thanks for the reply,there does appear to be fire embers at the very beginning of the video but I dont think they are the objects found at around 4:45.
The lightning is nice though

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Can't comment on the first one. Distant lights, that's all I see. The cloud forming is interesting, but I doubt if it's inexplicable. Something like that may happen above a power station emitting a burst of invisible water vapor. A sudden colder air stream may precipitate water vapour under the right conditions. Fascinating tho.
I suspect the 'metallic ball' seen in the last part is Venus. When Venus is at opposition it can be seen in broad daylight and through binoculars looks remarkably metallic, like a chrome ball. It certainly fooled me the first time I saw it. It's an illusion of course. Also there is no evidence that this object is moving at high speed as suggested in the script. In fact every time you can see it and the tree together, it appears stationary.

WG3

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ball or "sprite" lightning. Makes a neat light show!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Ball or "sprite" lightning. Makes a neat light show!!!
Cheers!!!!

Thanks for the replies the first video could very well be footage of the (rare) ball lightning effect and may explain 'some' UFO sightings.
As for the second video,the forming luminous cloud found at the beginning of the footage (around 1:28) looks very strange,especialy when viewed in reverse:

Cheers Karl

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

join