It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PBA pres is outspoken supporter of police corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Police Benevolent Association president Jeff Frayler said Thursday it has been union policy to discourage Suffolk police officers from issuing tickets to fellow officers, regardless of where they work.

"Police officers have discretion whenever they stop anyone, but they should particularly extend that courtesy in the case of other police officers and their families," Frayler said in a brief telephone interview Thursday. "It is a professional courtesy."

Frayler's comments echo views expressed in the spring union newsletter, in which treasurer Bill Mauck exhorts "you don't summons another cop" and says that when officers decline to cite each other, "the emotion you feel should be that of joy."
link

i don't know about the rest of you, but i find this absolutely appalling. I am not too sure what the Police Benevolent Association is, but by its name i imagine they are professing themselves to be doing good for police or in the name of police. doesn't sound good to me.

wouldn't a policy of professional courtesy as they describe it require that police let anyone go if they are on the job or on the way to it? the idea of this policy is bad enough, but what really disgusts me is the fact that the PBA is publicy endorsing it like they expect the public to accept it. and im sure they will

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by dunkleskates]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If theres anything I despise its corruption and hypocrisy. If the law is to be seen as 'just' then it should apply equally. This gob#e needs removing purely for suggesting this. Corrupt cops are the worst.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
im glad to see someone else who is as outraged as i am about this. doesn't a policy like this give cops even more reason to be corrupt, as they wont have to worry about any other cop busting them?

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well on the surface this looks oddly like CONSPIRACY with-in the PBA.
However, this can not possibly be true because according to some 'illuminated' ones conspiracies dont exist.

Seriously, is this any surprise? Cops dont ticket cops, thats common knowledge. The only surprise here is the fact you got one to admit it on record.
What recourse to we have tho? Are not the courts corrupt as well? Actually the very laws they pass and enforce are the problem. Have you read 'the plan' that Truelies spoke of?

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
My uncle was a deputy sheriff in Los Angeles County for over 30 years and he told me this is how they operate a while back. He said one time he was hauling ass down the freeway in pouring rain and when the cop came up to the window my uncle flashed his badge and the arresting cop got so pissed he just let out an "ARGHH!!" and sulked back to his squad car.

The funny thing is they let you keep on doing it even after you're retired. No tickets for life.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have several family members that are on the police force and that is just the tip of the iceburg.

They laugh about

Trading sex for tickets
Taking someones pot and keeping or selling it
Stealing from crime scenes
Blackmailing people for money

And more that I will not get into on an open board

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Taking someones pot and keeping or selling it

An ex-friend of mine used to buy weed and crack from a cop. We're talking rural South Carolina where people are broker than broke, and then you have the police peddling hard drugs? That part of the world is in a sad, sad way.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
and these are the people who we intrust our safety and well being to. this kind of thing is why i have such a negative attitude towards cops in general. what great role models.

new topics

top topics

join