It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doorway to Armageddon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Supposedly the place the Ark of the Covenant was hidden is now known - beneath the Dome of the Rock. Could this most thorny issue between the Isrealis and Arabs be the spark that ignites Armageddon? In my opinion, very likely.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

By Nadav Shragai

The firemen manning the two fire trucks dispatched to the Western Wall on July 28, 1981 were still wondering what they were supposed to do there when they were suddenly told to return to the station. Yehuda Meir Getz, the rabbi of the Western Wall, had ordered the fire trucks and was also the one that hastily canceled the order after he discovered that all the firemen on the way to the Western Wall were Arabs. He feared that his plans - to dig under the foundations of the Dome of the Rock in order to find the site of the Holy of Holies, and the place where the Temple artifacts had been concealed - would be discovered too soon.
www.haaretz.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The Covenant that the Ark holds is between god and Israel, old testament stuff. I always thought that when Christ came and died, he fulfilled the prophesies of the old testament, Matt 5:17. Armageddon is also new testament so is there a corolation between the Ark and Armegeddon? Or has that covenant been fulfilled?

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Isnt the arc in Ireland somewhere?
I t hought i read that on 100777.com.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
As the article says, finding the Ark will precede the coming of the messiah. One of the remaining prophecies to be fulfilled before that time is the building of the Temple. Something really terrible will have to occur to wrest the Temple mount from the Arabs, no?

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

as quoted by EastCoastKid
Supposedly the place the Ark of the Covenant was hidden is now known - beneath the Dome of the Rock. Could this most thorny issue between the Isrealis and Arabs be the spark that ignites Armageddon? In my opinion, very likely.

ECK, being this is your opinion, care to share your findings on how you determined that the Ark of the Covenant is beneath the Dome of the Rock?

Let's see, there are myriads of opinion on this....you have one individual claiming that its under the crucifiction site of Jesus:
The Ark of the Covenant

You probably read this and took it as 'fact'?
Where has the lost Ark of the Covenant been?
or this:
The Ark Of The Covenant
or this, which concludes that the location remains unknown:
Where is the Ark of the Covenant?

Yet this particular site mentions: Israel, Egypt, and Ethiopia:
Search for the Ark of the Covenant

This one claims that the AoC is located on the outskirts of Utah, in the US:
Ark of the Covenant in Outskirts Utah?

Graham Hancock, in his book, researched that the AOC was indeed located in Ethiopia:
The Sign and the Seal

As aware mentioned, 100777.com mentions it is in Ireland:
TruthSeekers

Others confirming Ethiopia:
The Ark of the Covenant
The Ark of the Covenant: FOund in Ethiopia
Is the Ark of the Covenant in Ethiopia?
Is the Ark of the Covenant in Ethiopia?

In all this, and more to be found, IMHO, the AoC is indeed no where, and that it's location is indeterminable.
Thus, I do not see this as a "thorn" between Arabs and Israel. Question: why would the ARabs have anything to do with the AoC anyways? There is only ONE brief mention of it in the Qur'an:

Their prophet said to them, "The sign of his kingship is that the Ark of the Covenant will be restored to you, bringing assurances from your Lord, and relics left by the people of Moses and the people of Aaron. It will be carried by the angels. This should be a convincing sign for you, if you are really believers." 002:248

and according to Islamic Muslim scholars:

According to some Muslim scholars, the Ark of the Covenant does not have a religious basis in Islam and Islam does not give it any special significance.

Ark of the Covenant
Ark of the Covenant

seekerof

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Why are you so quick to attack my theory - that is shared by many Jewish people as well? This thread is merely to discuss a fascinating subject.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Tis no attack of your theory, merely saying that with an abundant of information to be found on this, the location of the AoC is not confirmed and is indeed a mystery of sorts.

If you took it as an attack, then I do humbly and sincerely apologize ECK.

In that you mention that many Jews feel this way or have an opinion that the AoC is under the Dome of the Rock, there are just as many that say it is not.

The question posed was why would the AoC be of any importance to the Arabs?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It is not the AoC that is important to Arabs, it is the Dome of the Rock, which is on the same place certain groups claim AoC is. Religious fanatism could drive a few lunatics to destroy Dome of the Rock, to "find" the Ark and "fulfil" the prophecy, which would then spark a war, the Dome being one of the holiest sites of Islam.

After reading Hancock's book, I think the Ark is indeed in Ethiopia.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
just reading throu here and im very interested, does someone mind tellin about the Ark and fulfillin the prophecy??

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Don't worry about it.

I'll defer to paperclip on the question...

Paperclip... "It is not the AoC that is important to Arabs, it is the Dome of the Rock, which is on the same place certain groups claim AoC is. Religious fanatism could drive a few lunatics to destroy Dome of the Rock, to "find" the Ark and "fulfil" the prophecy, which would then spark a war, the Dome being one of the holiest sites of Islam."

I've often wondered how the re-building of the temple would come about with Arabs in control of the dome of the Rock. At this point it seems virtually impossible. It would take something cataclysmic for the Jews to take control of the site. If they believed the Ark was, indeed, beneath it, they could/might actually engineer some way of removing the Arabs from the spot. That would be disasterous.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

I've often wondered how the re-building of the temple would come about with Arabs in control of the dome of the Rock. At this point it seems virtually impossible. It would take something cataclysmic for the Jews to take control of the site. If they believed the Ark was, indeed, beneath it, they could/might actually engineer some way of removing the Arabs from the spot. That would be disasterous.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

True, that would be disasterous, and, imo, it would start a war, no doubt about it. Israel would be crushed within days, thats for sure. Thats why the israeli goverment wont do such thing. But there are enough religious extremists in Israel who would do it, maybe it is just a matter of time till one of those religious fanatics goes totaly nuts and blows up the place.

Long long time ago, there was a temple there, it got destroyed, # happens, thats history. Another group of people came, build their temple, thats life. It is now a muslim holy site, and it should stay that way. People should stop living in long forgotten past and start living in the year 2004.

Also, if you look at it from a bit different perspective, the Temple has already been built. It IS the Dome of the Rock. The same God who spoke to Moses, sent Qur'an to Mohammed. His folowers built the Dome, Temple to worship one God, the SAME God Jews worship. The prophecy has been fulfilled long time ago, but people don't realise it.

top topics

join