It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China unveil its AWACS aricraft

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The carrier aircraft is definitely an Il-76. Their Rotodome may be different from the Russian Mainstay, but it looks exactly the same.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Those are russian the Chinese cant build a car let alone an AWACS

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

idiot

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

i never thought i would, but i agree with you
, right now, china didnt prove that it can make good 4th generation aircraft nor awacs, only macdonalds toys and pingpong balls

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by feindflug

, right now, china didnt prove that it can make good 4th generation aircraft nor awacs, only macdonalds toys and pingpong balls

U.S have advanced aircraft and AWACS,but your people and soldiers are still beheaded and killed.

How strange?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

i know that china wanted to buy at least 4 awacs from russia (a-50i), these pictures are probably them.. because chinas purchase of phalcon awacs mounted on il-76 was stopped by america and they are still here in israel

The bussiness of buying Russian A-50 was cancelled in 2000 because of hysteric American.

Those phalcon were bought by India 2 years ago.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by gastric cancer]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gastric cancer

U.S have advanced aircraft and AWACS,but your people and soldiers are still beheaded and killed.

How strange?

this is guerilla warefare.. it really has nothing to do with awacs
, nothing is invincible.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What does awacs have to do with the beheading?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

How strange?

this is guerilla warefare.. it really has nothing to do with awacs
, nothing is invincible.

If nothing is invincible,show your proof that China can't build awacs.

I am afraid that you are still in mid school~~~

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Gastric, what are you talking about, none of your words make sence. We never said China can't build a awacs, just, that they need TONS of help from other places

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Despite several attempts to acquire this capability, China has not yet acquired airborne early warning aircraft.

www.sinodefence.com...

china probably does have some awacs capability anyway, but very primitive compared to its US/russian or european counterparts like all its military technology

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Despite several attempts to acquire this capability, China has not yet acquired airborne early warning aircraft.

www.sinodefence.com...

china probably does have some awacs capability anyway, but very primitive compared to its US/russian or european counterparts like all its military technology

xi an institution and nan jin institution are two instiution

they all research awacs system

Now the awacs in picture is researched by nan jin institution.

Chinese awacs:

Russian

U.S.A

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
the image looks photoshoped to me, even if its real china is still behind in technology for decades, and its still in research stage.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

the image looks photoshoped to me, even if its real china is still behind in technology for decades, and its still in research stage.

The research stage is that radar fixed on the top of some building.I also have seen this picture.But I can't find it now.

The plane in picture is in test-flying.Because we build the radar and Russia build the plane,so we have to test-fly it for such a "new" plane.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
cancer our soldiers have never been beheaded and civilians are not part of the military so watch what you say and keep on the military topic!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I really advise not making fun of the chinese air forces. as in the year 2020 are so on americans will be bombed by the said china...... so u anti chinese people........keep laughing ...... make fun....... ....................................................cry later...........

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mooeuro
I really advise not making fun of the chinese air forces. as in the year 2020 are so on americans will be bombed by the said china...... so u anti chinese people........keep laughing ...... make fun....... ....................................................cry later...........

hahaha, you seem mad at Americans why? Cause we OWN your country?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It looks like it will make a great target for us to shoot at!

john

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mooeuro

I nominate this for worst post of the month.......

Tell me exactly HOW is China going to bomb the US. The do not have the ability to get past our defences now, and we have a new generation of aircraft that will be in use by 2020 (ever heard of the Raptor or JSF?).

China will not attack US, US will not attack China, and China will not attack taiwan (as long as the US has soldiers there). The US and China have way too much to loose by going to war as both of their economies need the other, not to mention the whole nuclear-war-we-all-die-and-humanity-ends thing.

So please, think before you post.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
china is afraid of the US so they would never do anything hostile against us and i agree they wont attack taiwan.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join