It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

its funny.... well actually its barbaric!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
does anyone else find it "amusing" that any person with even a little bit of power
being a government or politician, they only care about POWER!,
killing our own kind because they have oil,
you know, if they would all just shut up for a sec and let someone with better intentions talk they could really do a lot for us.
if everyone stopped trying to take over every country because they do one thing different and worked together,
they could maybe discover something that would help us all.
say, cancer, instead of "raising money for cancer research", people could just do something nice and research cancer for free!!!
or any other subject that requires money/time,
this can apply to anything,
there are some people in the world who believe eternal life is possible,
and im not so sure about eternal, but i definitely think that if we did a few things differently we could increase the average life span by alot

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by comiesk8er

First off, not all politicians care about power the way some hard-ball politicos do. My mother is a great example.

What you are suggesting if very very optimistic for the times we are going through today, it'd be great if everyone worked together and really did try to bring out a global change, rather than one that's full of smoke and mirrors.

Your example of "free cancer research" doesn't really hold up either, it's a great idea but without funds for the research where would they get the information, how would they pay for lab results....how would they pay for the lab in order to test the samples in, how would they actually do the research if they can't pay for any research to even get started. It isn't an issue of "researching cancer for free" because any doctor could say that, anybody could say that.

But it's actually going out and doing it that's the problem, because cancer research isn't just the workings of one mad scientist, it's hundreds of people all working together to develop something, or provide something.

A whole lot of the world would have to "work for free" in order to get cancer research to be free.

Great thought though....I usually find myself thinking that way after watching Across the Universe....I'm doped up on LOVE...my dad usually tells me I'm being silly and the world just doesn't work that way.

*sigh*
-JR

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i understand ur points here,
and the whole world working for free thing
well it wouldnt be permenant
but if the whole world did work for free for one day, it wouldnt hurt

plus, if the whole world did work for free, it would be the same as now because everyone would work, not get paid,
but they would also get food and housing for free, but everyone is just so damn greedy and everyone wants to be better then there neighbor so it prolly wouldnt work
which is y we need change
take from animals, they all work for free, and they do fine
and they all do there part

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by comiesk8er

as great as that might be, you would have to completely re-educate our whole global system. Back in the day when we were hunters and gatherers this wasn't an issue because we took from the earth what we needed to survive yet still gave back.

Someone got smart and locked up the food and said "Hey you want this, pay me for it"

Our society as a whole has worked this way for centuries upon centuries. You'd basically have to say to EVERYONE, "Forget what you know about the world and how it works, this is going to be the way it is now"

As a temporary thing sure, but most likely it'd be something that a few people take up as a cause on Facebook.

I don't mean this to be mean or rude, or a slammed door in your face or anything. I just had that perspective for way to long and I learned the hard way that it doesn't always work and it won't lead you anywhere....unless you have some serious support.

top topics

join