It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Difference between Spiderman, Batman and jesus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Is there a difference between Spiderman, Batman or Jesus? If you look at it:

Spiderman did amazing things yet he only did them in his own area of NYC.

Batman also did some amazing things yet he only helped out gotham city.

Jesus is told to have done some amazing things also and yet again only did them in his area at the time.

So why is it that the whole world believes in jesus as our savior? What was the rest of the world up to as Jesus was doing these marvels? Did the rest of the globe have any inclination that he was doing any of these things or did they have to wait for the book?

I apololgize for any offense but it has been on my mind lately.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by I See You]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hmm, was or has either Batman or Spiderman been crucified and then upon such crucifiction, became the foundation for a world-wide religion?

seekerof

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I can't find the words to describe this thread, but they wouldn't be good. I suggest maybe it should be moved to Faith, Spirituality & Theology over at BTS, although I doubt it's even worthy of being there.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Exactly my point. He became the foundation for a "world wide" religion yet the rest of the world had no idea what was going on.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Hmm, was or has either Batman or Spiderman been crucified and then upon such crucifiction, became the foundation for a world-wide religion?
[Edited on 4-4-2004 by Seekerof]

Well you never know Seekerof, maybe The Bible would be more gripping with pretty pictures.

I mean, imagine seeing him turn water into wine in colour pictures, it would make the knees tremble.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
you have to remember that at that time peoples all over the world would of had there own saviours.
the reason why jesus is so important today to us etc... is just because christianity won over the people in europe, and europe has the foremost countries ruling over the world.
i am saying it just could have been another, person somewhere else, but the powers that be at that time just used christianity for there own uses, and throughout the last 2000 years europe etc... have certainly used christinanity for there own goals, not really to do with jesus at all. i.e you just have to look at how the vatican is run through the ages.
i am sure christianity did not become the religion that jesus ultimately wanted, but it was the peoples of europe could do with religious views.

but with regard to your assessment that jesus might be a made up story etc... i say again that at that time many people and countries may have had there own saviours, it is just that europe took to christianity that we know of jesus christ today.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Had a good posting going on here... alot of references and examples of Christ in Egypt (called Egyption Gnostics, tell of when Mary and Jesus fled there, how Jesus stepped on a stone to draw out water, blah blah blah), India (In the book 'Lost teachings of Jesus Christ' by Elizabeth Prophet), and South America (by the name of Itzamna), but it wouldn't post... Why not?

Seems it was moved as I was typing.

Crap!

F it... here's the link about S America...

physics1.byu.edu...

(And, by the way, Spidey was in Europe for a time... check out SpiderMan versus Wolverine... Batman trained in Japan, had trips to Mexico and South America; remember, Robim was killed in Africa)

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by soothsayer]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Is there a difference between Spiderman, Batman or Jesus?

Some people think Jesus might actually have existed.

Edit: Also, Jesus might have done miracle and stuff, etc etc... but I doubt he would have been able to take down a dozen of Roman soldiers, as opposed to Batman or Spiderman.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I See You,

So why is it that the whole world believes in jesus as our savior? What was the rest of the world up to as Jesus was doing these marvels? Did the rest of the globe have any inclination that he was doing any of these things or did they have to wait for the book?

I apololgize for any offense but it has been on my mind lately.

Actually, these are very important questions. Lord willing, I will address these as I am able to express my thoughts on reconciliation. As far as the rest of the globe having any indication of the things that were happening surrounding his life; when he was born, his own people were completely unaware of it. The wise men that came from the east were foreigners who saw some abnormalities in the stars and realized that something portentious was unfolding.

new topics

top topics

join