It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have to fit in with the family and i hate it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i am such a grouch. i recently got divorced so i find myself living at my mothers at almost 31 years old. that sucks right there. to top it off i have had to integrate myself into their lives. it is raining today so i am going to have to go to the school and pick up my younger bro. then at 5 i am going to have to take him back up there for lifting.

my mom wants me to spend time downstairs and 'visit with the family'.
thing is i don't want to visit with the fam. don't have much to say. i am in terrible physical pain and am clinically(sp) depressed. leave me alone..

ya know

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well...ummm...maybe you shouldn't be living with your mother.

You're a grown man, obviously you are familiar with responsibility. So why not move out?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

i have no income. i am waiting to hear from ssi. i had a disc replacement done on my back and it failed. so i have failed back syndrome. hence all the vicodin.
my wife worked..i didn't.
with the pills i am on and the restrictions i have i can't right now. my mother is helping me out.
i understand and appreciate what she is doing but i still hate having to integrate. i am not very social.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Then just explain to her that you appreciate everything she is doing for you, but you are still a grown man who needs his privacy.

Surely she would understand that, she is your mother after all.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
she don't make a huge deal out of it.
just enough to annoy though. i am hoping to hear from ssi soon so that i can get on out of here. i am going to rent a small studio apt. i'm talking tiny and cheap. then just try to live in minimal pain

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well, good luck to you. I hope everything works out.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am sorry about you being in physical pain and unhappy... I know how you feel I am not very "social" either... just buy yourself a bottle of wine, have a few drinks to loosen up, then go downstairs and who knows? Your family might even be able to cheer you up in your inebriated state.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

I hear what your saying about living with the family. Your disability will be declined at first (unless you are bedridden, it almost always is), so you will have to appeal the decision. That will take at least to years, but I have heard of waits up to five years. I am a veteran, so I receive disability through them. (I have breathing problems, and very low capacity and air flow. Still do not know the cause of it.) If you are a veteran, you should look into disability through them.
If you can help with your little brother and other chores to keep yourself busy, that always helps. Your living at home is also hard on your parents.
Also, try to find a therapy group for divorced people. There are church and secular groups out there.
Good luck with your claim and getting your life together. I speak from experience when I say it will get better.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your divorce. I thought you were getting along well.

Who got custody of the fish tanks?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Sorry to hear about your divorce. I thought you were getting along well.

Who got custody of the fish tanks?

my wife/ex wife get along very well. i get along with everyone at my parents house too i just don't like being here. i feel strange all the time and i really try to keep to myself.
my wife got most of the tank just because i can't take them but she sold them and gave me the money for them at least.

we just put up a 75 last week.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Same thing happened to me,had to relocate from abroad after a fire which caused a few injuries including a broken L1 vertebrae.

Imagine the culture shock from living it up abroad to sleeping on the floor,medicated,immobile and in dear old Blighty to top it off

2yrs of medical rehab and ops later,STILL waiting for housing which is instead being assigned to teen pregnancies and immigrants.:bnghd:

Get a bike,rucksack and a tent.
Then find the quietest spots to 'contemplate life,the universe and everything' in solitude.
It works for me,keeps me almost sane,almost.

But be appreciative,things could be a lot worse.

new topics

top topics

join