It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Govenor Who Suspends State Business With B of A Taken Into Federal Custody

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ok ATS-ites (is that a word?).

I live in Illinois.

Our Governor is a 100% joke. Just delve into the antics that have gone on here in Illinois since this guy has come into office. I'm also here to tell you the Bank issue is totally seperate from these crimes, he was under investigation long before any of this bank business. He is a great one for jumping on band wagons and I am shamed to say he is the governor of my state.

When this broke everyone I work with (all Ill residents) basically said "I hope they lock him away."

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I don't believe that is the case, I think

HE used the bank issue.!!!!!!

The sad thing is,

Daley still sits there like a king,

Really makes me angry,

You have no idea.

[edit on 093131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Still people doesn't see the conspiracy been played here in front of their own very eyes.

The man goes against a big bank and now all the attention has been overnight redirected away from the Banking system BOA and on the attacker itself.

They are playing the people so well is not funny.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It's not funny. It's extremely scary. I have been hearing/seeing more of this lately that ever before, and that farm in the middle of no where is beginning to look better and better.

Now I'm going back to my "The View" and I'm going to pretend that I'm informed before I watch a few talk shows that will feature mom's that want paternity tests on 15 different men and American Gladiators.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It doesn't matter, conspiracy or no conspiracy Blago is a crook too.

Dear god he has ruined Illinois, I don't care how they get him, just glad they got him.

Obama will get him off.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

But Storm, if we were to assume that he knew yesterday that his arrest would occur today, and he was going to do something quick and harsh to get the public's attention, would he have chosen this?

I'm sorry, I wish you realized that I was not coming to the defense of this man for his crimes, but am noticing a chain of events on how when people don't walk the line, they are simply eliminated.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If I understand correctly, storm is suggesting he did this in anticipation of his arrest. I was going to say the same thing. Odds are he knew he was under investigation and this was, possibly, his last chance to prop up his public image so that, when the arrest came, the people would be more forgiving.

link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes he is a crock and so our entire system of government, my friend as long as they are bought by corporate America.

And you know what is the scary part of it? that he will be replaced by another corrupted body that will be more friendly to the big banking system.

link   
Please read this,
www.chicagotribune.com...

To prove this was a conspiracy, you need to have a time TABLE.

If the arrests were in the works before yesterdays Blago stunt, then you have NO case,

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Holy crap!!! This is just too good. Am I watching the news, or HBO???

Nothing gets the gloves off faster than financial strain.

Might as well sit back and enjoy the show. All the big dogs are going to be slinging mud or should I say dirty laundry and throwing each other under the bus.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

"The breadth of corruption laid out in these charges is staggering," U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said in a statement. "They allege that Blagojevich put a 'for sale' sign on the naming of a United States senator; involved himself personally in pay-to-play schemes with the urgency of a salesman meeting his annual sales target; and corruptly used his office in an effort to trample editorial voices of criticism."

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

No, I think that he spill the beans in a last act of defiance, corruption is never forgotten specially by the now very confuse people in this nation that are starting to learn that they have been taken for a ride by the bail out and the elite banking system.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

----------------------
When this broke everyone I work with (all Ill residents) basically said "I hope they lock him away."
-----------------------

SNIP

Exactly the intentions of TPTB when they set this ball rolling. The sheep always think its a case of "TOSS OUT THE RASCALS".
As they should though. If you dont have access to information, you make decisions based on the facts at hand. Most facts do show this guy was shady.

Toss him away or don't toss him away, makes no difference IMO. The residents of Illinois will soon be asking to toss away another rascal.

Peace

[edit on 9-12-2008 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Still people doesn't see the conspiracy been played here in front of their own very eyes.

The man goes against a big bank and now all the attention has been overnight redirected away from the Banking system BOA and on the attacker itself.

They are playing the people so well is not funny.

In my 43 years I have lived in

-New Jersery
-New York
-Penn.
-Virginia
-Illinois

Everyone says "Politicans are all dirty" etc. etc. etc. and you are right.

However I'm here to tell you Illinois takes it to a whole new level. The outright in your face crookery is rampant.

This is a conspiracy site but you are calling Helium balloons a morphing UFO here.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Not even a mention of yesterday's news about Bank of America on CNN.com

Ummm.... CNN why did you neglect to mention this? Let me take a guess. You don't want the viewer to make the connection that because he stood up to Bank of America and how the bailout should be working is the reason why he is now in custody.

This is a sad day for democracy.

Pay close attention to your television sets tonight people... See how many times they refer back to yesterday's headline news about Bank of America. My guess is that it will soon be forgotten.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

However I'm here to tell you Illinois takes it to a whole new level.

Amen brother,

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Trust me but I can only imagine that the crock governor will be gagged so he can not spill any more beans against the banking system while been prosecuted for is corruption.

like I said he will be replaced by another crock this time more friendly and willing to serve the masters that pull the strings.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I think that they don't want anybody else to know how the BOA is giving the finger to the American tax payer while investing our tax money in china.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I am sorry I am just gleeful

Maybe there is justice once and a while!!!!!!!!

CHICAGO, Dec 9 (Reuters) - Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was arrested on criminal charges on Tuesday, including trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by fellow Democrat President-elect Barack Obama, federal prosecutors said.The 51-year-old Blagojevich and his chief of staff, John Harris, were charged in a 76-page federal indictment with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and solicitation of bribery. Both were taken into custody at their homes in Chicago.

In Illinois, the governor selects a successor when there is a mid-term Senate vacancy. Obama resigned from the Senate soon after winning the Nov. 4 presidential election.

Blagojevich allegedly was caught on court-authorized wiretaps during the last month.

He was seeking a "substantial" salary for himself at a nonprofit foundation or union affiliated organization, a spot on a corporate board for his wife, promises of campaign cash, as well as a cabinet post or ambassadorship in exchange for his Senate choice, the FBI affidavit added.

Blagojevich, in his second term, is the latest in a string of Illinois governors to run afoul of the law. His immediate predecessor. George Ryan, is in jail following a federal corruption conviction.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
reply to post by Helmkat

----------------------
-----------------------

SNIP

Exactly the intentions of TPTB when they set this ball rolling. The sheep always think its a case of "TOSS OUT THE RASCALS".
As they should though. If you dont have access to information, you make decisions based on the facts at hand. Most facts do show this guy was shady.

Toss him away or don't toss him away, makes no difference IMO. The residents of Illinois will soon be asking to toss away another rascal.

Peace

[edit on 9-12-2008 by TheRealDonPedros]

Nah, this guy IS a joke and a crook of that there is no doubt. If you lived here in Illinois you would know it. The antics this guy has performed in Springfield are shameful.

The only bigger crook is Daley but I think he sold his soul to the Devil or something to wield the kind of power he does. Old Blago would not be in Springfield if it wasn't for Daley.

Like I said I can clearly see where a conspiracy could be seen here but it really isn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join