It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Govenor Who Suspends State Business With B of A Taken Into Federal Custody

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I don't know mybig, Blago with his friends in high places got cocky,

It is really freakin me out, I am in shock.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by mybigunit

reply to post by niteboy82

The bank is not it Super, he has been under investigation for quite some time.

Right but why now? Why arrest now? Im sick of all of these "coincidences" all the "spin" when someone who opposes the international banking cartel gets killed or gets jail time. If Blogovich was the only person yea I would see your point but there is to many people that end up dead after opposition to the "system"

I don't know why now, but us here in Illinois are sure sick of these corrupt politicians,

You dont know why now??? How can you not see the writting on the wall he started running off at the mouth and was getting set to dump their banking gods! They have crap on every elected official to keep them in line, not one of them is safe and they know it. He stood up for his people knowing they would do this. He obviously wanted you to see what would happen.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You know what Im going to do. On the conspiracy part of the site Im going to start a thread and Ill post it when Im done of all of the "coincidences" of the bnaking industry. All the people who stood up to the big banking criminal cartel that have been "suicided" or "mysteriously murdered" Maybe if I piece together all the people maybe people will understand my point. Disgusting.

Please do,

But remember Blago is NO SAINT.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
yeah no way this is a coincidence! cbs 2 chicago reported that "federal investigators believe they have enough evidence to charge the governor with tax fraud, conspiracy and obstruction of justice" ( cbs2chicago.com... ), but to arrest him exactly one day after him taking a stand against the banks is no mistake at all! they did this now for two reasons: 1) to stop him from doing anything else like this, and 2) to send a message to other politicians

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You guys are sticking up for Blago, and you really shouldn't be.

That show he put on yesterday,

you think that was a coincidence ?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Could it be possible that both the bank and the Govenor are corrupt and that both should pay the price?

I'm sure we will get more info shortly in what all the govenor was doing and how it relates to the bank decision he made.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

CHICAGO (AP) — Federal authorities in Chicago have arrested Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, and they've accused him of attempting to benefit financially from his position to appoint a Barack Obama's Senate replacement.

www.usatoday.com...

Authorities say they've also accused Blagojevich of threatening to withhold state assistance to the Tribune Co. in connection with the sale of Wrigley Field to induce the firing of editorial board members who have been critical of the governor.

[edit on 083131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It's perfect lol...

He knows he's going to be arrested within a few days so he steps up against the big bank makes sure to make national news and then gets arrested the next day.

It's a sure fire way to make the banking industry look like the bad guys (which they are) in national news and headlines and make the general public enraged at the audacity of this and in fact could cut the profit margins of BOA by a huge amount depending on how the population interprets his arrest.

Fight evil with evil I guess this should get interesting.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious
It's perfect lol...

He knows he's going to be arrested within a few days so he steps up against the big bank makes sure to make national news and then gets arrested the next day.

It's a sure fire way to make the banking industry look like the bad guys (which they are) in national news and headlines and make the general public enraged at the audacity of this and in fact could cut the profit margins of BOA by a huge amount depending on how the population interprets his arrest.

Fight evil with evil I guess this should get interesting.

Exactly

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Why now though? Why arrest him the day after he announces Illinois will cease doing business with B of A? That is my point. Everyone who has been picked off or jailed has had "investigations" on them or some sort of "past" that causes these things to happen. This happens to be corruption charges. That is my point.

Exactly. Just as Spitzer had his "proclivities" for ten years before his take down.

He writes an editorial in WAPO calling for better Wall St. oversight and predicting the meltdown due to greed and in short time he is brought down right before things start going to hell last spring. The biggest Wall St. critic was silenced.

Now the Illinois Governor calls for a statewide boycott of B of A then the next day he is taken into custody? Puhleeze.

NOT just indicted - but taken into friggin' custody! WTF! Someone is going for the theatrical impact of it. See what happens when you jack with the Banksters...?

[edit on 9/12/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Niteboy hit the nail on the head with this one. With all the shady kickbacks, entangled alliances and prostitution rings its hard to exist in the framework of elitist politics without dabbling in one of those pots at least once..

When somebody doesn't play according to TPTB rules, they just flip open there little black book of "Secret Scandals" and fire off a memo. The ball rolls from there, the media demonizes said governor and the sheep once again view the symptoms and not the problems of our sick society.

Star For that insight Niteboy.

Peace

[edit on 9-12-2008 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This investigation has been going on for three years, guys, please don't ignore this fact.

Governor caught on tape?

www.southtownstar.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

This investigation has been going on for three years, guys, please don't ignore this fact.

Governor caught on tape?

www.southtownstar.com...

Exactly, the point. Why the urgency now? Why take him into custody? In his home? Was he a danger? Was he a flight risk?

Come on! Most of these cases are highly negotiated by lawyers all along the way.

[edit on 9/12/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have been telling for years that BOA is nothing but one of the worst banks in this nation even with all the support they have gotten by political figures like our own Vice President Biden Mr. legislator for the BOA he has been kissing their butts for years.

Maybe the Illinois Governor have some dirty rags in this closet but let not forget that the time is just too good to be true, he was targeted NOW because he stepped into the SHOES that are to big and to wealthy to fit in.

Now he most pay the price for Challenging a big corrupted elite banking system in this nation.

I careless how much money this corrupted dirty elite banks have if it wasn't for the people of this nation they would not be in the position they are.

I say boycott BOA they are nothing but giving the finger to the hard working American in favor of nothing but corporate greed..

Put your money where it counts into small banks in your neck of the woods.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What he did was he said he wasn't going to give away Barack Obamas senate seat. The highest bidder would pick the replacement.

This guy is a crook. Just as much as George Ryan was. When Roddy B was elected, he ran on the platform of stopping corruption in IL politics. I knew it as soon as he was elected. Crookery as usual. IL politics has always involved illegal usage of office.

The Governor is a crook.
The Mayor of Chicago is a crook.
The Cook County Board President Stroger is a crook.

You can't be in IL politics without resorting to crookery. It's just like that. It's about money, family ties and power. Period.

I'm an Illinoisan. I've watched this crap my whole life. The ONLY thing that suprises me is that they got him while in office. SOP says they let the crooks finish their terms first. Huh.

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ok People here you go here is a list of people that the bankers have offed or attempted who opposed their agenda. Please feel free to add to my list

www.abovetopsecret.com...

have fun.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

He probably is a crook - most politicans are - as compromise and deals are the way the world really works.

But most politicans aren't made such an example of after taking such a controversial stand. Someone called a marker and it was probably B of A.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I don't think they are listening,

Following a 90-minute audition meeting today with Gov. Rod Blagojevich, Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. said he was confident in the process the governor is using to make his choice for a Senate successor to President-elect Barack Obama.

newsblogs.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

What he did was he said he wasn't going to give away Barack Obamas senate seat. The highest bidder would pick the replacement.

This guy is a crook. Just as much as George Ryan was. When Roddy B was elected, he ran on the platform of stopping corruption in IL politics. I knew it as soon as he was elected. Crookery as usual. IL politics has always involved illegal usage of office.

The Governor is a crook.
The Mayor of Chicago is a crook.
The Cook County Board President Stroger is a crook.

You can't be in IL politics without resorting to crookery. It's just like that. It's about money, family ties and power. Period.

I'm an Illinoisan. I've watched this crap my whole life. The ONLY thing that suprises me is that they got him while in office. SOP says they let the crooks finish their terms first. Huh.

Cuhail

Me too, I am from Illinois I have been watching these crooks all my life,

Please OP, don't make Blago to look like a saint,please, we will never get anything but crooks around here,

And Illinois just sent the big crook to washington, welcome to our world.

[edit on 093131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 093131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'm afraid that you're mistaking my vantage point for a defense of this governor. I have no doubt that he is has dabbled in spots where morally/ethically he should not have. I am not denying this.

My point is that in my opinion at least 95% of all politicians have done something wrong at some point somewhere that is noted and kept as one member put it "in a little black book." They mess up and don't toe the line that the powers that be want them to walk, it's goodbye. Its not even difficult, they already have something on you, there is just no reason at that point to call you on it.

And while I don't condone the acts of any crooked politician, I also don't condone the act of holding an ace up one's sleeve to finally punish a criminal when "the time is right."

----

Mr. Blagojevich, you went too far, and if it wasn't for your prior indiscretions you could have gone farther and actually helped the people that voted you in with the direction you were heading.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join