It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong quake jolts remote islands off New Zealand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Strong quake jolts remote islands off New Zealand

www.channelnewsasia.com

WELLINGTON: A 7.0-magnitude earthquake struck the remote Kermadec islands north of New Zealand on Tuesday, the US Geological Survey reported, but experts said there was no risk of a tsunami.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
earthquake.usgs.gov

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Suspicious activity on the eve of a possibly catastrophic event?

Or just a routine rumble?

Interesting to see additional activity in Western region, check out all the activity in Alaska.

Earthquakes and volcanic activity are common in the Kermadec islands area, which is part of the "Ring of Fire," where the Pacific plate of the earth's crust meets other continental plates.

www.channelnewsasia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
gee

looks like the web bots were only out 1 hour and 10 minutes!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

looks like the web bots were only out 1 hour and 10 minutes

"Remote Islands, no risks"...none of that sounds like the webbot predicitions.

The next two days( I give ten days even, just to be generous) for me are the test that will determine wether or not I put any credence in the webot program. The Oct. 7 predicition didn't quite do it for me. The earthquake they have definitley hyped up though and anything less then catastrophic won't be proof enough for me. Even though I agreethat the science behind the webot is sound I am very apprehensive that it can actually be as accurate as they claim it might be.

I get annoyed at predicitions that fail to materialize and the reason given is "we changed the timeline".

All that being said I don't wish any harm to anyone of course. I suspect nothing will happen but keep an open mind as long as I can, but after specific failures my mind closes and I dismiss the predictees.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
A Richter magnitude 7 quake is pretty damn strong! I hope it doesn't trigger another tsunami...

Richter 7.0 = 32 million tons = Hyogo-Ken Nanbu, Japan Quake, 1995 = Largest Thermonuclear Weapon

32million tons = TNT equivalent

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

we're in that pacific ring of fire thingy ... this stuff happens all the time here. some of these huge quakes even hit us bang on (check out te anau a couple of years ago)

please nobody tell questioningall ... she'll have a fit!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
New Zealand has been experiencing many many small or inconsequential quakes for 5/6 years. This isn't unusual.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
reply to post by 44soulslayer

please nobody tell questioningall ... she'll have a fit!

I have a feeling she will be right onto this!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Well according to the Webbot's own linguistics, this quake could fall in line with their prediction considering the latitude: 31.060°S

earthquake.usgs.gov...

According to questionaingall's thread which included the tracked Webbot data, the quakes were predicted for somewhere along a 32-36 N or S latitude:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The locations of the earthquakes are suppose to be:

one: 32 to 36 degrees latitude in the fertile plains of food,
the other in the dancing mountains

Here is the locale of the quake, very close to the 32° mark:

[edit on 9/12/08 by Evasius]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
Even though I agreethat the science behind the webot is sound

lol, I think we must have had a different type of education, the prediction of future events from text on blogs and webpages doesn't sound like science to me. Maybe it might work for events that are fully controlled by humans e.g. the financial markets, polotics but for completely natural events... No

I myself would love to see this earthquake plunge humanity into complete failing but I doubt it will happen and if this earthquake is going to get fobbed off as the actual predicted event them I'm afraid I'm very disappointed.

And I think also the 32 degree thing is supposed to be in the northern hemisphere

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

''I myself would love to see this earthquake plunge humanity into complete failing but I doubt it will happen and if this earthquake is going to get fobbed off as the actual predicted event them I'm afraid I'm very disappointed. ''

Was that meant to be a tongue and cheek statement there?

I hope so...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

The webot was originally created to track non natural events. That is the concept I agree with. The rest, I reserve judgement on for now.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Nope i doubt it, alot of people on here would love for something to happen like this. Why?, because watching this sort of thing over the news is excitement barr people losing there lifes. Alot of people got a buzz from watching 9/11 on the news and talking with each other over the net. I know its sounds horrible and crazy, but its fact.

People want something huge to happen on 2012 or world war 3 to break out. I know it sounds crazy, but its true. I can tell from reading on ATS that people want this to happen. Am sure am not the only on that can tell this!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

You're absolutely right. I'm very well aware of this. I should have really stated that my question was actually meant rhetorically. For a forum with a good collective of intelligent people, it really does its fair share of doom-seekers.

Sad but true...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BAZ752

''I myself would love to see this earthquake plunge humanity into complete failing but I doubt it will happen and if this earthquake is going to get fobbed off as the actual predicted event them I'm afraid I'm very disappointed. ''

Was that meant to be a tongue and cheek statement there?

I hope so...

No, the earth needs rid of man.

top topics

join