It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you join ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I couldn't figure out where to post this, and also could not verify if this has been discussed. I figured I would try anyway. What brought you to ATS? What made you decide to join? The diverse opinions on this site always fascinate me, and I wonder how people with such different backgrounds, theories and beliefs have all found each other on this little corner of the web. I look forward to hearing some good stories!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I didn't.

I was put on a FEMA train with some others,over miles of arid countryside we travelled until we were stripped,beaten and led into a dark room with computers in.I'm now forced to reply day and night to threads. I don't know where I am,please send help..

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
A little gray alien with big black eyes abducted me and programmed me to sign up.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
came for a serious debate...
read a few threads...
stay for the laughs

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Interested in a lot of current scientific, historical, and political subjects not mentioned or covered adequately in most mags and books.

Came across a few other places that turned out to be Conspiracy sites and was generally appalled by what I read. Some nasty and scary stuff out there.

Despite it's share of full-time paranoids and those I'll politely call 'the very gullible' - this one has quite a few intelligent insightful people I'm learning things from - and must be the best by far.

Mike F

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I actually posted the question of who really built the pyramids on another site and some person from here suggested I goto ATS...been here ever since...
Here is one for ya.......does anyone have a map with ALL of the pyramids on it? I was just wondering if they create a design or???

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
i like to hear breaking alternative news, and what people have to say about this world!

I like to laugh at how some people who post on here are realy small minded, and sometimes don't have a clue what they are talking about!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
I actually posted the question of who really built the pyramids on another site and some person from here suggested I goto ATS...been here ever since...
Here is one for ya.......does anyone have a map with ALL of the pyramids on it? I was just wondering if they create a design or???

Arial view google live

Google Live view of Giza

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I am after all human. I enjoy a little socialzation. I also have understandings of many taboo or unsocialized topics. I joined this webiste because it rocks. Such a vast set of gaggle sets is always an intresting mixture of personalities. Besides, there's still some long dull periods of time before the 2012 phenomenon kicks in full swing, so I thought it would be a good time waster.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I listen back then to a very interesting interview of John Lear on Coast to Coast AM.
And John spoke in that interview very highly of an by his opinion very knowledgeable member of the UFO/ET phenomenon by ATS named sleeper, his real name Lou Baldin.
So therefore I joined ATS.
And John was right to the bone with what he had said there about sleeper because he is indeed a very special and interesting member with an almost unearthly knowledge about that phenomenon.
John Lear and Lou Baldin alias sleeper, I really miss them here because in fact they both are very knowledgeable of that phenomenon no doubt in my mind of that.

[edit on 9/12/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I didn't.

I was put on a FEMA train with some others,over miles of arid countryside we travelled until we were stripped,beaten and led into a dark room with computers in.I'm now forced to reply day and night to threads. I don't know where I am,please send help..

Star for that.

That was great.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

It has been discussed before..but what the heck.
My Ex wouldn't stop preaching to me about reptilians, illuminatti, bible codes, angels really being aliens..blah, blah, blah...
So I google searched and it brought me here.
I got enough info here to shut his trap and enough support from friends to kick him to the curb.
Best place on the net!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I got lost on the interwebs, drifted alone for awhile and washed ashore here.
Have starved and nearly crazy from loneliness, I constructed a computer from coconuts and palm leaves, the first site I came to was a entertainment site, as was the several dozen others. Eventually I stumbled into ATS (or was it thrown into? I forgot, there's a lot of amnesia around that time) and got into some seriouse entertaining and intelligent discussions.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
i like online communities.
figured i would come to talk about aliens with others who believe

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I get on while I'm at work... at first getting on the internet was just a way to spite my controlling supervisor but ATS really grew on me. The topics are always interesting and there are so many threads posted daily it never gets boring. Go team ATS! ha ha.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Because I read some cool information page thing that ATS had on Area 51.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I didn't.

Star for that.

That was great.

Agreed. That was the best laugh I've had so far today.

Back in August there was an ATS-sponsored game going on which involved a series of codes that had to be solved. A friend who's a member here suggested to me (knowing that I love puzzles) that I should check it out.

So I did. I won a t-shirt in the game and decided I should at least check out some of the other forums here to see what it was all about. I'm probably the only person ever to join ATS because I ran out of crossword puzzles.

I stayed because I quickly found that there were a whole bunch of really smart, really interesting people talking about all the things that I've always been interested in but not had a lot of people in real life who share those interests.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks Mr Burns,
I forgot to say it, but I meant where are all the pyramids worldwide??? There are some in Mexico, China, and other countries, not just Egypt.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

That was great lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I heard that if you joined you could have all the free pie you wanted for life.

Hey, SO did I ever thank you for the voucher?

Thanks!!! The Key Lime is quite good!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join