It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Bass Strait.. - The new Bermuda

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I live in Burnie, Tasmania which has a pretty big port. Container ships coming in and out daily. I live 100m from the beach, I have 180 degree views of the coastline of bass straight. Yet I have never seen strange lights or ever heard of mystery disappearances. I have traveled the straight countless times, both by ship and air. Sadly nothing strange has ever happened.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
Also take a look at UFO activity at Alberton in Australia!

Please elaborate, google yielded nothing of note. I'll be passing by this town (again) in a month or 2. Iirc it has the most depressing looking hotel in southern vic, and I lost a few points off my license there once

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

There was a freelance photographer by the name of David Crockett that was involved in the Valentich case and what took place in Kaikoura in New Zealand in 1979.
And you will find a connection with the Alberton case.

There were photos also in a local paper in Ausie. showing another craft just off the beach during the same period.

But may I suggest that you look for a book written by Captain Startup who was a pilot in New Zealand at the Time, flying cargo planes between Christchurch in the south island to Wellington in the North Island.
Another was involved called Quintan Fogerty (I am not sure of the Spelling now) from possible the University of California.
You might find a more there but I suspect you will come across a dead end there now.

The freelance reporter took many photos of alien Craft while on the aircraft Startup was flying. Hundreds of photos were taken and some were on TV One at the Time. Information was also sent to Channel O in Australia.

There was also a huge whitewash by the astrophysics dept. of the what was known as the DSIR at that time. The one who was involved in the whitewash was a man known as Bill Ireland.

All this took place around the End of 1979.

However you will find a connection between these cases.

Good luck with finding out more.
There are ones out there who desire the pubic to know the Truth.
But most desire to stay unidentified.
They enjoy living.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris
Most people will tell you that the Bermuda Triangle mysteries can be explained by phenomenon of two tidal currents mixing - different temperatures and so forth, atmospheric conditions etc..

Bass straight has no such tidal currents.. All it has is what they call the roaring forties. A wind that is ruthless and relentless.. On a bad day the ocean can swallow huge container ships and supertankers within minutes.

The disappearance of ships in the Bermuda Triangle has been attributed to hydrothermal vents. The Bass Straight also has hydrothermal vents.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OzChris

His Australian Passport will be long out of date now.
If I'm not mistaken he is officially dead, so no re-issue.
Does this mean he is stuck in Spain/Europe without an UFO evac?

If he's back on earth after visiting the Homeworld of ??? i would assume the alien army's intentions are not good toward us.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Bass Straight is a wild and woolly place but the Spirit of Tasmania Ship makes hundreds of trips across it each year, as do Qantas, Virgin Blue & Jetstar planes etc and nothing has happened to any of them.

I know this is an old thread but just because Fred Valentich disappeared there via a possible UFO encounter doesn't exactly make it a Bermuda Triangle analog.

IRM

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am Frederick Valentich... Help me. i am being held under a new identity at Pine Gap. I was taken by aliens in 1978, to their homeworld in the Pleadian star system. I was returned to Pine Gap in 1980. I have just recently been able to access a computer terminal due to a US serviceman. My new mail addy is michaellon

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There is a lot more information about where he has been and what he has been up to here:
ufoexperiences.blogspot.com...

Supposedly he was recruited by aliens to help with a project whereby they remove Oxygen in liquid form from earth. His not aging is part of the perks he got for contracting his services with the aliens. He apparently regrets what he is doing and somehow dropped a "canister" with the details somewhere on the Russian/Chinese front where it was picked up and analyzed.

Don't know if its true but it is really fascinating reading. It does fit the information that the OP started with.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

Is that Alberton in South Australia

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I've always liked the methane theory as one of the best, reducing a ship's ability to float or the air's oxygen to cause planes to fall...

Supposedly, there are actually around 10 of these triangles, with the Bermuda Triangle and the Devil's Sea being two of the most infamous. I'm pretty sure one of the triangles is around Australia too, so probably the same as your culprit.

I remember seeing a map showing six of them before...but can't seem to find it in a quick search.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Once the military kicks on its high power microwave radar stations to detect ICBM's over the horizon they are reflecting their energy off of the upper atmosphere creating a plasma up there pushing the upper atmosphere up and altering the magnetic field of Earth. Ships would run aground because of their compass's going wacky, weird weather would rush in and overtake them. Airplanes would experience the same oddities and disappear.

Eventually after they figured out what the heck was going on they grew those systems into what we have today.

The Aussie guy was just seeing things as his brain was getting effected. The switch from aluminum aircraft to advanced carbon composites is to thwart the effects of this energy and protect the pilots..keep them sane. The cloth in the advanced carbon composites is likely a mesh to block microwaves. Plus the Boron likely helps too.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
i found some additional information on Frederik, some that i found extremely interesting. this has not been brought up yet and i figured it's pretty important when relating to the topic. take it with a grain of salt, because i have no idea as to how credible the source may be.

i'll have to post it in two parts due to the character limit, but it is a very interesting read.

One evening in August 1982 near the village of Iman, Primorskiy kray, Far East, Russia Lieutenant Colonel Igor Valerianovich Kazantsev, Commander of a frontier guard detachment near the hamlet of Iman, received a report of a suspicious man arrested by soldiers from his unit near the Soviet-Chinese border. One of the soldiers, Nikolay D (later to become a resident of Sevastopol, Crimea) in 2003 wrote to the Simferopol based “Secret Doctrine” Newspaper, confirming that he took over the watch on that date to watch over the Russian-Chinese border.

Approaching evening near the foot of one of the hills they saw smoke from a fire and soon detained a man about 40-years of age, dressed in a cowboy shirt, thick wide trousers, outfitted with “complete tourist gear”. The man assured the KGB sergeant that he had the necessary permission from local authorities of Primorskiy kray to do some prospecting in the area. Orders were given to detain the mysterious “geologist”. He was taken to the unit duty officer. During a search the soldiers found a very powerful searchlight and a strange dark elongated object, like a small flask with two dozen dots printed on its upper section without any visible pattern. The dots formed a strange image. Nikolay D paid special attention to the strange dot-like markings on the object.

The stranger showed a document indicating that his name was Sarychev (possibly an AKA, real name being possibly V. Sosnin). He also showed a letter from Academician Vsevolod S Troitskiy, correspondent-member of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Chairman of the Commission for Study of Anomalous Phenomena. (Such a commission did truly exist). The man stated that he was engaged in prospecting in the area, but soon admitted under the pressure of interrogation the he was indeed involved in “UFO research”.

The strange black flask or capsule attracted everyone’s attention. The man stated that he found the capsule at an altitude of 1204 (m over sea level). Inside the capsule a plate rolled like a tube was found. When the KGB officer extracted the plate, it immediately straightened up emitting a slight rustling sound. The plate had an English text, written with a substance bright orange in color. The text was later translated to Russian and following is an approximate translation:
“I am Frederick Valentich, Junior, pilot. I was captured together with my plane Cessna-182 by a UFO on October 21 1978 145 miles south of Melbourne. Because of very limited time and of extreme danger to my state, here is what is most important.

What was proposed to me was beyond my imagination. Later I came to the conclusion that several factors influenced my psyche, at first, the reality of the UFOs and their pilots, and secondly, their proposal for me to become the pilot of one of their aircraft (!).

Here is proof of contact with another civilization and the man who achieved this is I, Frederick Valentich. That was what I thought. But the most tempting was their fantastic proposal for me to stay in my same physical body, so I have not aged over my current 25 years of age (my age when I signed such a “contract” with the aliens). This proposal “eclipsed everything” even those few purely human affections I’ve had. At the moment of the deal I remembered only that my mother had died, I am single with no children. I didn’t even remember my aunt and two of my ex girlfriends I have been close with, this is additional evidence of a strong psychological influence put upon me.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
continued

The giant UFO I have to work in is a “cargo ship”. The crew, except those humans which were captured just like me, are 2-3 aliens. All belong to a civilization located in the Pleiades constellation and represent an interplanetary organization with 6 civilizations from Orion, Swan and the Big Dog constellation; our Solar system is also part of it.

Like us they’re also albumen organic entities, breathing oxygen and of similar body build.

Answering such questions like, what are they doing here, they stated on numerous occasions that they were engaged in research work. But according to my own observations that is only a mere screen covering their “real” activities and to calm the conscience of other earthlings who signed such compelling contacts like mine.

Our basic load from Earth---is liquid oxygen obtained from plants installed onboard the ship. These “researchers” impudently steal the most valuable part of Earthly atmosphere. And idiots like me are actively helping them in this. The main route of our craft—Earth and Jupiter’s satellite Callisto where a huge constantly operating base is located.

Oxygen is loaded into balloons made of plastic-metal. Volume can be estimated in weight---the large balloon weighs no less than 110 pounds, the smaller ones—2 times less than that. The maximum quantity of balloons that our ship has taken for one flight to Callisto is more than 12,000 large and 5k small balloons. Imagine how much oxygen they take from Earth! We make 2 flights per week sometimes. God help me and those who find this letter! Russian or Chinese---I ask to give this capsule to the Australian embassy and to the representatives of our embassy, give it to scientists for further study!!!”

To establish the authenticity of this material evidence, it was sent to several scientific research laboratories of the USSR for secret analyses. Results of the research exceeded all expectations. Documents with the results of the study were compiled, stamped and signed by the expert laboratory of KGB USSR, document dated September 29 1982. Institute of Astronomy of USSR dated October 10 1982. Institute of the Technical Physics USSR, Chelyabinsk-40 (nuclear military industrial center), and dated November 12 1982, all the documents were classified TOP SECRET.

Here is the opinion of a member-correspondent of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR Dr. Nechai PhD, addressed to the special expert commission in the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. “The amazing physical and mechanical characteristics of the materials, their uncommon chemical compound and structure allow to make the following conclusions:

- …materials obtained by the technologies, unknown yet to humankind and apparently outside the Earth. The plate is the source of unknown radioactive emanation of colossal penetrating ability and spoils all other types of cinema and photo films…

- Many other facts, described by Valentich were summoned to the systematic analyses according to modernized authorship-detection program created in our institute. The result, the author, Frederick Valentich couldn’t invent all of that alone and even to extract that from known science fiction literature, actually being taken onboard a UFO in 1978…”

What happened to the material evidence next is the following. The mysterious plate was transferred to the Australian embassy. A special commission was created there; a graphic, logical study was made. Style and grammar of the letter was compared with other material written by Valentich, obtained from the Melbourne Air Club (like flight records written by Valentich). The Australian commission came to the conclusion that the text on the plate and the records in the flight journal from the Melbourne aviation club belonged to one and the same person---none other than Frederick Valentich. The evidence was so strong that it was ready to go to court.

Unfortunately for humanity the cover up was effective and everything was classified TOP SECRET, possibly with the participation of the American CIA. Where the alien capsule with the letter is now, is not known, possibly in the USA (in a deep basement under the Pentagon?).

Perhaps even more alarming is a case investigated by Spanish researcher Manuel Carballal. According to the testimony of a number of witnesses, a young man who identified himself as Frederick Valentich, the Australian pilot who mysteriously disappeared in 1978 was alive and well in 1990 at Plaza del Charco, a seaport square on the island of Tenerife in the Canary Islands. Displaying an Australian passport to prove his claim, Valentich told those with whom he spoke on several occasions that he now belonged to a group of humans who had been “recruited” by extraterrestrials. It is also worth noting that the supposed Valentich showed no signs of aging, and resembled the photos circulated around the time of his disappearance at the age of 20.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
& here are the sources.

HC addendum

Source: Yuriy Belikov quoting Emil F Bachurin in “Komsomolskaya Pravda”
Moscow January 17 1998
“Oxygen from Earth taken to Callisto?” in “Interesnaya Gazeta” Kiev D+ issue # 5 2004
Valentin Psalomszikov PhD “NLO” Saint Petersburg # 21 May 21 2001
Letter from Nikolay D “Frederick Valentich---UFO Pilot?” in “The Secret Doctrine”
Simferopol # 1 2003
Iskander Trano “Interesnaya Gazeta” D+ block Kiev # 19 2005
Crimean Time # 14 January 24 1998
Lawrence McBridge Australian Editor of UFO Update # 3 summer 79 Type: G
Scott Corrales, “Human-like Ufonauts reported in many countries” Mufon Journal #405, January 2002.

ufoexperiences.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by scheezy

Nice update to an old story.

Here is a video with re-creation and interviews with witnessess and his father.

Video

Also there is an ATS thread on him:

Frederick Valentich Update: A real bizarre development

edit on 13-10-2011 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by scheezy
i found some additional information on Frederik, some that i found extremely interesting. this has not been brought up yet and i figured it's pretty important when relating to the topic. take it with a grain of salt, because i have no idea as to how credible the source may be.

i'll have to post it in two parts due to the character limit, but it is a very interesting read.

You mean "additional information on the HOAX". I think there is nothing to suggest that there is any real connection between this yarn and the disappearance of Frederick Valentich, who is a real person who most definitely did disappear with his plane while flying over Bass Strait in 1978.

It should also be added that this hoax story has been told here on ATS before in this thread:
Valentich: (One of many threads on ATS)

I really have to state that claiming this to be "another Bermuda Triangle" on the basis of one UFO related plane disappearance is really stretching it.

edit on 13-10-2011 by bluestreak53 because: Added link to another related thread

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Bass Strait is known Since 1700 (maybe even before that) for its dangerous quality to ships. the strait's physical property leads to waves, currets not to mention other obstacle that can sink ships. its not a deep strait.

looking at documentation for missing ships is an eye opener, hundreds of ships lost in the strait due to some natural causes, more ship also damaged (but recoverable).

there also lot of planes lost over the strait. even warplanes and searchplanes which are crewed by trained pilots and not some amateur pilot.

valentich's disappearance are well documented because of his last transcript points to some unknown flying object hounding him.

personally my opinion , based on the UFO cases i compile, before his last flight , valentich express a desire to see or meet with UFO entities (in his heart and his mind) thus opening himself to UFO visitation on bass strait. The UFO seem to do its usual "playing chicken with airplanes" mode of scaring pilots, maybe even stop any electrical system in valentich's plane thus stopping its engine. without engine the cessna will have to glide and ditch then sink without leaving wreckage (if plane intact from successful ditching)

there's accounts of UFO scaring small planes like over the sea between dominica and puerto rico.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Australian researcher Keith Basterfield has just published a blog entry about the National Archives of Australia's collection of four digitised Australian government files about the Valentich disappearance.

Please take a look at

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com.au...

for details.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I recall the Valentich case - it was the biggest news in Oz at the time and so far we have no answers (lots of theories though). The most plausible one is he became very disoriented and hit the water but what could confuse him to that extent? It's destined to remain unsolved.

Bass Strait is a treacherous place due to high winds plus foul weather combined with shallow water whipping up huge waves at times which have claimed many small boats, some never found unless wreckage washes up on the islands at the eastern side. Some years ago half the Sydney-Hobart yacht race was wiped out by those rogue waves with lives lost.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join