It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Bass Strait.. - The new Bermuda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I was watching a documentry the other day regarding the mysterious disappearings of ships and aircraft on the short hop between mainland Australia and Tasmania. Known as the Bass Strait. According to some theorists, there are some wierd and wonderful things happening down there.

Most people will tell you that the Bermuda Triangle mysteries can be explained by phenomenon of two tidal currents mixing - different temperatures and so forth, atmospheric conditions etc..

Bass straight has no such tidal currents.. All it has is what they call the roaring forties. A wind that is ruthless and relentless.. On a bad day the ocean can swallow huge container ships and supertankers within minutes.

I would love to hear any stories or happenings that may have occured in the bass straight. I will try and find some such stories for you guys as well.

Chris

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This is the story of Frederick Valentich, 20, who disappeared Oct. 21, 1978, while piloting a single-engine Cessna 182 aircraft between Victoria, Australia, and King Island (across the Bass Strait). Following are the pertinent details of the case, which features a sighting, engine malfunction, and radio failure.

Just after 7 p.m. Valentich radioed Melbourne Air Flight Service (MAFS):

Valentich: �Is there any known traffic in my area below 5,000 feet?�

MAFS: �Negative. No known traffic.�

Valentich: �Seems to be a large aircraft below 5,000 feet.�

MAFS: �What type of aircraft?�

Valentich: I cannot confirm. It has four bright lights that appear to be landing lights...aircraft has just passed over me about 1,000 feet above.�

MAFS: �Is large aircraft confirmed?�

Valentich: �Affirmative; at the speed it is traveling are there any RAAF [Royal Australian Air Force] aircraft in the vicinity?�

MAFS: �Negative. What is your altitude?�

Valentich: �4,500 feet.�

MAFS: �Conirm you cannot identify aircraft?�

Valentich: �Affirmative.�

Three minutes later, Valentich again contacts MAFS:

Valentich: �Aircraft...It�s not an aircraft. It�s� [break in transmission.]

MAFS: �Can you describe aircraft?�

Valentich: �It�s flying past. It has a long shape. Cannot identify more than that...coming for me right now. It seems to be stationary. I�m orbiting, and the thing is orbiting on top of me. It has a green light and sort of metallic light on the outside.�

He then reported that the object had vanished.

MAFS: �Confirm it has vanished?�

Valentich: �Affirmative. Do you know what sort of aircraft I�ve got? Is it military?�

MAFS: �No military traffic in the area.�

At 7:12 p.m. Valentich reported, �Engine is rough idling and coughing.�

MAFS: �What are your intentions?�

Valentich: �Proceeding King Island. Unknown aircraft now hovering on top of me.�

MAFS: �Acknowledge.�

Valentich: �Delta Sierra Juliet [Valentich�s call sign] Melbourne...�

This final transmission was followed by 17 seconds of a loud metallic sound. An extensive search of Bass Strait failed to turn up any trace of Vallenich or the aircraft. There were a number of UFO sightings reported on that date, at least 15 of which have remained unexplained. There had also been several reports earlier in the year.

In 1944 a Beufort bomber crew reported a �dark shadow� flying within 100 feet of their plane for 18 to 20 minutes, causing radio and ADF malfunction before zooming away at three times the speed of the bomber.

And this is the wierd part guys....He was found alive and well...

"Perhaps even more alarming is a case investigated by Spanish researcher Manuel Carballal. According to the testimony of a number of witnesses, a young man who identified himself as Frederick Valentich, the Australian pilot who disappeared mysteriously in 1978, was alive and well in 1990 at Plaza del Charco, a seaport square on the island of Tenerife in the Canary Islands.

Displaying an Australian passport to prove his claim, Valentich told those with whom he spoke on several occasions that he now belonged to a group of humans who had been �recruited� by extraterrestrials. It is also worth noting that the supposed Valentich showed no signs of aging, and resembled the photos circulated around the time of his disappearance at the age of 20."

Quote courtesy of MUFON...

Your thoughts on this guys would be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I find this most intriguing. At first, to me, it sounded like average UFO activity. I would like to believe that extraterrestrials seem to enjoy scaring us, but only in the name of good nature. They do not want to harm us. Many people have been killed as a result of UFO sightings and activity, but this is merely because of ther own actions, commandeered mainly by panic or fear.

The most interesting thing about this case is as follows (credit to OzChris):

Originally posted by OzChris

...a young man who identified himself as Frederick Valentich, the Australian pilot who disappeared mysteriously in 1978, was alive and well in 1990 at Plaza del Charco...

This caught my attention....and raised a few questions. What had Valentich been doing for 12 years? It is understandable for close encounter experiences to force a person into isolation, but to re-surface with no signs of aging? Dubious, ambiguous or just plain weird?

Could this be the result of lost time? An abduction? Would there have been tests or, as mentioned before, an 'abduction' with good intentions?

I will be looking forward to hearing more cases and opinions...

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thanks for your input conspirator3..

You hit the nail on the head... What the hell has this guys been doing for twelve years. Frederick States that he was abducted by the aliens over bass strait, they took him to their home planet where he lived.. He stated he was now part of a manipulated group of humans formed as an army for the aliens...

This is unclear to me whether this army is formed to invade earth or to help with fighting a war on the alien home planet.

What else intrigues me is I cannot find ANY information after Frederick was found and interviewed in 1990.. only that he was found... No information as to what he is doing now.. where he is...etc... If anyone can find out any of this info.. I'd be very interested to hear about it..

Chris

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What is your source for the original radio transcript and the info about more recent developments concerning Valentich's activities (encounter in Canary Islands, etc)?

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My source was from an excert out of a MUFON journal.

You can read it here.

MUFON Journal Excert.

Sorry I usually post this stuff.. I am a bit rusty.. Been a while since I have been an active member.

Chris

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I found the excerpt to be most enlightening on a variety of topics. I found the referral to Valentich almost immediately, but decided to read the whole article to put it in context.

One particular item I found interesting was that of abductions involving breeding (I won't say sexual) experiments, in which abductees claim to have had forced - or in some cases VERY voluntary - sexual intercourse with extraterrestrial beings.

Humans were being abducted in order to breed an �invasion force� that would be human and acclimated to the alien�s home planet.

This sounds very X-Files-esque to me, i.e. colonisation, master plan, extraterrestrial domination or commandeering of Earth.

I will say that just because something sounds like sci-fi, it is not possible. There are billions upon billions of planets in the universe, and I find it extremely difficult to even begin to believe that we are alone. If extraterrestrials have indeed popped in for a cup of tea or a scenic flying saucer ride over the Great Wonders, it would only be natural for them to want to know more about us, just as we would like to know more about them.

If abductees or people who experience close encounters could overcome fear and ask questions themselves, perhaps we could be closer to understanding more about them too. Bottom line - every intelligent being is curious. That cannot and will never be changed. So why not be mutually curious and find out more about each other....some sort of globalisation, but between different species, races, cultures - aliens.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
OzChris, good post, the MUFON excerpt is most interesting. I`ve not managed to find anymore out about Valentich or dig up the alleged interview with him.
Timothy Good in his book Alien Base (98) and Unearthly Disclosure (2000) make reference to him but most definitely state that Valentich was not seen again.

Now I think that either the most excellent Mr Good has missed him from his research (which I personally think unlikely for a man who is so very well renowned, with so many contacts), or does not consider the person who claims to be Mr Valentich to be of a reliable nature.

I think the fact that the guy claiming to be Valentich has disappeared off the face of the earth means he could not support his claim to be Valentich or has been taken by his friends again.

I might seem that the notion of invasion forces and hybrids being bred to take over the world is silly, even xfile-ish I mean after all there is a whole universe and possibly other dimensions (omni/multiverse) to be taken advantage of. I think that particulary in light of much of the research by people like Tim Good and Jon King and people like UFO mag, there may be much to be said for it, and its disturbing undertones. However as conspirator3 says "Bottom line - every intelligent being is curious. That cannot and will never be changed. So why not be mutually curious and find out more about each other....some sort of globalisation, but between different species, races, cultures - aliens."

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
After a full day of constant searching for the whereabouts or relativaty of our mate Freddy, I have come to the conclusion that the paragraph regarding Fred Valentich being found in 1990 to be false.

It's gonna take more than 1 paragraph telling me some random guy met the so called Frederick Valentich and he showed some passport to prove his Identity.

1. Passports and be EASILY forged.

2. Where the hell is this guy now.

Fair enough the government again may be keeping this under raps.. But my conclusions tend more towards a cruel hoax, and more heartache for the Valentich family.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
OzChris.

I agree.

Someone is trying to pull off a hoax.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
OzChris, et al Quentin Fogarty (reply from Mike Sever) Australian UFO reseacher

Dear Cassini.
Valentich disappeared in 1978 and was never found - he
has not done any interviews since jut before the
event when he was interviewed by Air Traffic Control
about the''strange object''.
Go to the page at
www.gpgwebdesign.com.au...
for updates
I have updated the page and will present some new
theories I have found in an interesting book called:
Lets hope they're friendly More info at
www.gpgwebdesign.com.au...
Thanks for your letter mate
Mike Sever

[Edited on 21-1-2003 by cassini]

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
New info....I feel like a four year old on Christmas morning!

First off, mainly to quaneeri, the only part of the story that is most likely a hoax is Valentich's sudden reappearance. The rest of it seems very possible.

Also, thanks for quoting me, cassini!

I can't say much at the moment, my usually alert mind has gone to sleep and I'm not thinking straight.

I'll just say at this point that the new info adds more complexity to this case, and that it should be researched further.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
A pilot flying within Australia would would not be carrying a Passport - Did Freddy sneak in to his parents house, take his passport, jump on an IBERIA flight and head to Spain?? I don't think so...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Why is this in recent posts? I'm getting really confused these days...

Anyway, the bass strait is seasy to explain - just speak to any sailor who has done the sydney - hobart...

If this thread is really still active I will post again, otherwise - something odd is going on here. No Anonymous ATS post and a thread from 2003...

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Funny isnt it ? But then I thought my dad was dead too , until recently .

[edit on 25-10-2008 by reconpilot]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Maybe an Annon poster bumped this thread, as Valentich disappeared 30 years ago during this past week on Tuesday.

Have fun, Fred - wherever you are!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
That's all fine and dandy but what about the daily ferry that goes back and forth from the mainland to Tasmania?

www.spiritoftasmania.com.au...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OzChris

Check out "Frederick Valentich" 1978 ( an airforce pilot who went missing and associated Kaikora and Mt. Tapuanuku UFO phenomena in NZ 1978/1979, all recorded by Wellington and Kaikora radar intalations and white washed by the physics dept. with what was then called the The DSIR (New Zealand) (Dept of Scientific and Industrial Research).. But this institute no longer exists under this name.
You may find information about him on the net. and the connection with the Kaikora phenomena in NZ. Also take a look at UFO activity at Alberton in Australia!

[edit on 26-10-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Maybe an Annon poster bumped this thread, as Valentich disappeared 30 years ago during this past week on Tuesday.

Have fun, Fred - wherever you are!

Ditto from me Fred .

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OzChris

You know I cant remember all the details or where I read it but I think a SAAF pilot flew his restored spitfire in to a huge 'storm front' deliberately .
Never to be seen again ! Who says you cant take it with you .

My spitty's still in storage somewhere , I know it .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join