It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots erupt after immigrant stabbing (in Spain)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Riots erupt after immigrant stabbing

www.news.com.au

RIOTING immigrants set fire to cars, shops and rubbish containers in a town in southern Spain overnight after a Malian was stabbed to death while being mugged, police say.
A Civil Guard statement said Sega S, 24, was stabbed on Sunday night and died from his injuries early on Monday. Police arrested three Moroccans, one of them the suspected killer.

After the stabbing, a score of angry sub-Saharan immigrants gathered in La Mojonera, in southern Almeria province, and started fires in shops and rubbish bins.

Police in riot gear were deployed to quell the riot and arrested two men from Ivory Coast and one from Guinea Bissau.

There were similar riots in September in nearby Roquetas de Mar after a Senegalese man was stabbed to death when he tried to intervene in a dispute.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-12-2008 by rattan1]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Riots in Greece and now in Spain after an immigrant were stabbed. Recently there have been a lot of threads on Martial Law in the US which may result due to civil unrest. Is there some kind of a test being run in other countries to determine how authorities may react in the US? Or is it going to start in Europe the spread to other parts of the world and US?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I read on a thread that Bush admin was putting the final touch to their plans for Martial law. These events in Europe may may be the final touch in their plans.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Accordingly to the www.elpais.com... this is the 2nd violent murder within the timespan of 3 months of an subsaharian immigrant.

Being in Spain alot and Alicante (close to Almeria) lately to be specific, Spain is rather a racist country when it comes to african immigrants.
If you're southamerican and you try to get employed, things might be a bit hard. But if youre african with dark skin, then you're a lost case.

Moroccans and Algerians doesn't have it too easy aswell.

I've gained experience through my fathers interpretation jobs that most person to person robberies (mugging?) are often performed by "arab looking" perpetrators, same with rape attempts and rapes.
Being carjacked myself in plain daylight in a busy street once, getting the car found in the other side of the country weeks later. The spanish police (Guardia civil) confirmed the car was stolen by a Senegalese bloke who apparently was member of a carjacking gang consisting mostly of east-europeans.

On the other side, credits must be given to Spain for having a rather humane angle on things. Everytime I'm over there, I am astonished on how many money collections devoted to the third world (especially african countries) are being done. Something I hardly see when im back to the northern europe.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
Being in Spain alot and Alicante (close to Almeria) lately to be specific, Spain is rather a racist country when it comes to african immigrants.
If you're southamerican and you try to get employed, things might be a bit hard. But if youre african with dark skin, then you're a lost case.

I never imagined that Spain would have so much Racists. According to the article posted by OP, some of the immigrants were even offered money to leave the country. I've never been in Spain and i believe it is a beautiful Country... Very sad to see Racism in such a place.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Wait, more riots?

Oh, whoops, sorry, left the mass complacency machine off.

lol. Sometimes it feels like we in the western world are under the influence of such a thing. There are so many things that we should have wound up with a riot for, but in the end we just wind up sitting at home mumbling about it.

Europe will certainly be an ugly place when the worlds supplies run short.

The immigrant who got stabbed to death, the name was Sega S?
All I can manage to think of when I read that name is Sega Saturn.

Wow... we really are influenced aren't we?

So why did the riots occur though? Did the local authorities turn a blind eye?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

No the authorities did not turn a blind eye, it happened because this is the second time. The first time it happened there were riots as well so the US secret services has caused it to happen again to examine the situation as they are planning for it to happen in the US and declare Martial Law.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by biomehanika

No the authorities did not turn a blind eye, it happened because this is the second time. The first time it happened there were riots as well so the US secret services has caused it to happen again to examine the situation as they are planning for it to happen in the US and declare Martial Law.

rrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I wonder at what point do the Europeans finally say enough. France, Greece, and now Spain. All this does is build tension and push people to extremism and hate. The more unrest and the more disorder, the more people want law and order. Eventually they are going to turn to demogogues who promise them order and security at the expense of freedom and tolerance.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Rightly said. Look what happened after the 9/11 attacked, how much power did Bush acquired. The whole point for this whole thing is to create fear in people and therefore, you just give more power to the government thinking that they will protect you and think you still live in a free democratic country.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by rattan1]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well, well, well:
"Diversity" claims another victim!

But why are you lot blaming "Spanish racists" for Moroccans stabbing and killing a Sub-Saharan African?:

RIOTING immigrants set fire to cars, shops and rubbish containers in a town in southern Spain overnight after a Malian was stabbed to death while being mugged, police say.

A Civil Guard statement said Sega S, 24, was stabbed on Sunday night and died from his injuries early on Monday. Police arrested three Moroccans, one of them the suspected killer.

Has P.C. gotten that bad that stuff it, we'll blame Whitey anyway - even if he's not involved! has become the norm? Blame white Cameroonians for Bantu hatred of the "subhuman" Pygmies? Blame white Indonesians for anti-Chinese riots in Indonesia?

As "diversity" increases throughout Europe (caused by massive non-white immigration and a declining indigenous white population), I predict that such inter-immigrant community riots will become more and more common - especially as the global economy starts to meltdown.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
wow, in the survival of the financial crisis, seems ppl have shorter fuse than ever.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that America has somehow "caused" a riot in another country to justify their plans.

I watched the rioting in Greece unfold on the news, and it started with protests at the shooting of a kid by Police.
On the second day it had progressed to the rioters attacking banks and wealthy businesses.
On the third day it was the same and they added Police offices to their list of targets. And now there are thousands of people on the streets taking part in this.
There are whispers that the government are about to announce a state of emergency but will not consider deploying troops to quell the violence.

I wonder what will change by announcing a state of emergency if no troops are involved? Clearly the Police have been trying everything and cannot control the situation. There simply aren't enough of them to manage it.

I think this is more about the financial situation than anyone is allowing themselves to realize. All it takes is a small protest against something to turn it into an anti-government, anti-globalization, anti-authority riot.
And you have to wonder what is causing this shift.
Could it be the over-reaction and quashing of basic rights to free assembly?

Imagine the scenario:
A group of angry protesters in America, marching through the streets about their jobs being taken but the CEO's getting massive bailout money.
What do you think will happen next?
Riot Police, instructions to dispel the protest. This is no longer your legal right.
The protesters become more angry that now they are being told they cannot protest either.
The Police begin firing rubber bullets and tear gas.
The protesters *suddenly* discover that they have no voice. This makes them more angry and they fight back.
The protesters consider what they've seen on the news for the past year, bankers getting away with robbery, CEO's of the car manufacturers blackmailing Washington for money, the Police increasingly abusing their positions. Then they think about how worse off they are now.
Suddenly every figure of authority becomes their enemy. The banks and global businesses making millions from the people become a target.

This is what is happening in Greece, and now Spain.

It might have started as a protest about something else, but now it's all about fighting the power and destroying the companies and institutions that got them into the mess they find themselves in.

I don't think this is anything to do with America (beyond the cause of the financial meltdown). But I do think America will see this on its streets. And I don't think it will be shown on any of your news channels either.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I know from traveling around Europe and living in Europe that the Moroccans are the most hated immigrants of them all. Here's the shocking bit: it's not racism! Surprised? It's only spoken about after an event involving Moroccans. They tend to be the aggressors where crime is involved. I've seen it where one Moroccan will trouble someone else (a Moroccan or not), when the other person reacts, a gang of Moroccans appear to beat-up their victim.

The reason they're so hated is that they don't leave their homeland and behave in their host country. When you visit or live in a foreign land or city, do you go about provoking trouble or do you get on with your life peacefully?

As I said before, it isn't racism that provokes hatred toward Moroccans; the hatred stems from people being irked by being victimized by Moroccans. The hatred usually leans toward the males not the females.

Were it racism then there would be widespread hatred shown toward all non-white people.

In this particular case, which shows prejudice from Moroccans not toward them, Moroccans rioted after a few Moroccans were arrested for mugging and killing someone. Which part to do you think is wrong? The arrest, the mugging or the killing?

[edit on 9/12/08 by Rapacity]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by biomehanika

Originally posted by Skittle

I never imagined that Spain would have so much Racists. According to the article posted by OP, some of the immigrants were even offered money to leave the country. I've never been in Spain and i believe it is a beautiful Country... Very sad to see Racism in such a place.

I live in southern Spain - Malaga region and believe me the Spanish can be very racist towards anyone that isn't Spanish. We're English and we have to constantly battle with the townhall, phone company, insurance companies, etc, etc. Basically, as soon as they know we're foreign we've had it and it's easy for them to tell from our surname.

We live in a small inland town and our Spanish neighbours are mostly friendly but dealing with any Spanish company is enough to make you crazy! We have lots of Moroccan neighbours too and they're a lot more friendly than the Spanish ones and the Spanish people seem to dislike them even more than they dislike the English.

We set up a business here, pay taxes, put our kids in Spanish schools, live in the town and have tried very hard to integrate but it's extremely difficult. My biggest fear is that if rioting starts here then us foreigners will get the brunt of it. This has been on my mind a lot lately and has actually made me consider leaving here and moving back to England which is something I never thought we'd do.

My youngest son has spent half his life here and none of the children want to leave. They've grown up here and look at it as home. All their friends are here and they're used to the Spanish culture and would find it difficult to settle back in England because it's so different there.

We've tried very hard to work with Spanish people and companies but it's impossible - all our work is for British, German and Dutch people and companies. The Spanish don't care that we're legally here and pay tax the same as they do. They just will not use any 'foreign' businesses.

We had quotes for our roof and the Spanish ones came in around 20,000 euros - the builders were recommended by a Spanish friend and he told us to expect really high quotes because we're foreign. We had a quote from an English builder for just 8,000 euros! That's a huge difference.

I don't know what to do now. Maybe we really need to think this over some more in light of the rioting in Almeria. I just know we'll be target number 1 if there are riots where we are - I expect it will be Moroccans and British that are the prime targets.

Anyone else here a foreigner in southern Spain? Are you staying or making plans to leave?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
So the Spanish want to keep Spain for themselves? How dare they! I think they need a bit more indoctrination. Their school children should be made to chant "diversity is our strength" everyday 100 times, and anyone that disagrees should be arrested for thought crimes.

The Spanish media needs to work harder to push the diversity agenda too. From now on they should only highlight Spanish criminals, and carefully hide the ethnicity of sub-saharan individuals that commit crimes. That way only those individuals that live around the sub-saharan population will realize there maybe a problem, and those that do NOT live around them will believe that any concern over the violence is only a myth perpetrated by evil Spanish racists.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Europe will certainly be an ugly place when the worlds supplies run short.

Damn f*ckin right.. for an example.. see the last 2000 years of European history.

As much as i hate the EU, they are the only thing that is going to stop some EU nationalities attacking others, then followed by nation strikes. My odds are for something like this to happen when that Czech EU hater becomes EU president next year.

But to be fair, these riots are bound to happen, in times where immigrants cannot find any work, a conglomerate of 500 million odd people is bound to have a few dust ups now and again.
Remember, Europe is a big place and its not one country.. yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

As you said Europe is not one country yet.... there are so many differences and in times of trouble they just spend their time criticizing each other. Remember this saying "divide and Rule".......I wonder who will benefit from a divided Europe?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread418074/pg1#pid5442487]post by biomehanikarl]

Their trying to keep it beatiful by keeping people who should not be there out. I dont blame them if you had your own country would you allow african sub saharan criminals in. I certainly would not.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by threelions
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread418074/pg1#pid5442487]post by biomehanikarl]

Their trying to keep it beatiful by keeping people who should not be there out. I dont blame them if you had your own country would you allow african sub saharan criminals in. I certainly would not.

Besides having immigrants criminals you also have Spanish people who are criminals, so what will they do throw the Spanish criminals out and take their nationality away?

Countries or borders are just imaginary created by human greed. Bottom line is we are all stuck on the same rock and when we all die we are not going to take any piece of that rock with us.

While Europeans are trying to make their country look beautiful, there are millions in Africa dying of hunger. I ask you what makes the Immigrants Criminals, is it the dream of having the same life and comfort as you?..... We are the real criminals as it our greediness and selfishness that has led to this whole situation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join