It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 conspirators want to confess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

9/11 conspirators want to confess

www.cnn.com

Five detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, say they want to confess to conspiracy charges for planning the September 11, 2001, attacks, a Pentagon spokeswoman said Monday.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed -- the confessed architect of the attacks, who was captured two years later in Pakistan -- and four other alleged co-conspirators asked a military judge if they could withdraw all pending motions and plead guilty, Maj. Gail Crawford said in an e-mail.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
With all of the 9/11 conspirators destined to be sentenced to death, I think this is some kind of a plea bargain where these accused can confess and then recieve reduced sentences

Why have they agreed to confess now? Are they doing it under duress?

Maybe Bush wants to close this chapter before Obama takes charge.

Another interesting fact is that this was done in front of the relatives of the victims. Maybe this is some kind of a gimmick to pacify the relatives of the victims, who have suffered so much over the years.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I don't think Bush is involved in a conspiracy to get these 9-11 hijackers to confess when they are. They probably don't even know that Obama was elected so that is not their main reason for confessing. I would really like to see them be allowed to confess. I think that when the next administration comes in office we need to really move on from the last 8 years. I know it's a little childish to say this but I do think it's about time there's been change. I don't think we should dwell in the past much longer. These people should confess so we can move on and get it over with.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join