It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unlawful Possession of Marijuana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yeah, so I got a UPM in my dorm at school. Any tips guys?

Part of me wants to fight to the Surpeme Court, as the laws themselves are completely repugnant to this country's founding policies. However, I don't have the money nor time to do that.

Should I get a lawyer, or would I be fine by myself? It wouldn't technically be myself either, as my roommate got the same charge. I know about ACODs (Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal), and if it's possible, I could just plead for ACOD's for me and my roommate. I could also ask for a jury trial if I feel I am going to be convicted by the judge.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this before and how they handled it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If you were actually caught in possession...face the music.

Let this be a lesson not to do illegal things in future!

I know it's a pain and everybodies view of this subject is different.

May I recommend finding a more secure place to stash your stash in future.

I wouldn't bother trying to fight it, you'll just make things worse and it'll probably cost you a pretty penny too.

Q: has it been proven that the stash was yours, where was it?

To convict both of you, I imagine they would have to find 2 seperate stashes, one on each of you or in your personal effects.

A smelly room means nothing unless they have the evidence!

Unlucky dude. My sympathies...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
What kind of penalty are you looking at?

I got busted twice and got let off with a slap on the wrist and stuff taken away both times. (in UK)

Oh I was put into there book of know cannabis users, which basically means jack.

My mate with me who was a year younger than the recommended user age had a phone call to his parents, mine never found out, I was parked in my vehicle both times, 1 I was told to park it in a supermarket car park and get taxi home, the other I was in my village so they let me drive home.

I think they know smoking isn't as bad as drinking and driving. Which it isn't in alot of cases including mine, some people just can't handle it though.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
How much were you arrested with? Did they serve you with a notice to search the premisis or did you just let them in? I don't know the law in the US,but if it's only a few grams,then I doubt that you'll get much more than a slap on the wrist and a fine. Not worth your while fighting it,just take it on the chin and move on. I don't know if you get a duty lawyer in the states,but if you do,definatly book an appointment with them.

Good luck mate,don't let them make you feel like a criminal. Hope you just get a caution.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Take your medicine and be respectful to the justice system! I don't agree with pot being illegal, but you must do the right thing! And for goodness sakes, don't bring it to your dorm!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
In Massachusetts now you can carry up to an ounce and you can only
be charged with a misdemeanor or a ticket and be on your way.

DONT TO DRUGS*:shk:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
In Massachusetts now you can carry up to an ounce and you can only
be charged with a misdemeanor or a ticket and be on your way.

DONT TO DRUGS*:shk:

How the heck did this thread get past the T&C..and Mods???
OH WELL....
Here in Canada..it's a joke.
The cops take it away and go have their own party.
I WISH I was lying.:shk:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Get a lawyer if you can afford it. It's always better to have a lawyer on your side. Try to get whatever penalty reduced, and learn from this experience.

top topics

join