It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Antichrist will be not be human, but AI

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I am using the most common base to all numbering systems, including both Hebrew and Greek, which is 10. Also, 666 is given in context to be based on this in 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by Synergis

The Bible says the Anti-Christ (Instead of Christ) will be Satan himself, so he will not be a human but surely will not be a computer program. For Pete's sake I can turn a compute OFF and I can take the POWER supply from it too...

It's just commonly assumed that the Antichrist will be Satan incarnate. Revelation only says that the devil will give his power to the beast, which is not THE Antichrist but the global system ruling over the world

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
What happens if the Web bot gets the December earthquake prediction right?

Will it become the new prophet?

WWW = 666
It will become self aware.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Synergis
I am using the most common base to all numbering systems, including both Hebrew and Greek, which is 10.

Ok, but your still not explaining your theory here. First base 10 is called Decimal (0-9) and not binary (0 and 1).

Also, 666 is given in context to be based on this in 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles.

ahh what? Can you explain this a little bit. Maybe put it into a sentence (or two). did you mean to say....

Also, 666 is given in context to be based on this in 1.) Kings and 2.) Chronicles.

That makes a little more sense with some grammar, but it still doesn't explain your point. I'm not trying to poke fun at you, but I am trying to make sense of what your attempting to say.

edit: Also Decimal is not the most common numbering system when you put it into computer terms (Antichrist = A.I.= computer program) Binary and Hexadecimal are the most common.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by hILB3rT]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
How about:

He starts of as a man, gets a fatal wound to the head, dies, than gets ressurected as a chipped frankenstein.
Half man half ai.

A bit far out maybe

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I am using the most common base to all numbering systems, including both Hebrew and Greek, which is 10. Also, 666 is given in context to be based on this in 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles.

It says, "it is the number of a man"....can't be AI....

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
How about:

He starts of as a man, gets a fatal wound to the head, dies, than gets ressurected as a chipped frankenstein.
Half man half ai.

A bit far out maybe

Sounds like the Bionic man, Steve Austin.

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

You're not quite right Hilbert. Binary, in a general sense, may refer to anything consisting of two distinct parts. Such numbering systems have existed long before our current convention of 0's and 1's for encoding language (or data). Machine code could just as easily consist of X's and Y's or 3's and 5's if it were programmed as such. What's most important is the logical structure, not the exact symbols or numbers. The other point you raised is also answered by this. Don't think too hard...it's not as complex as you're trying to make it.

666 also appears in 1 Kings 10:14 and 2 Chronicles 9:13 to be more specific

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Yes, but that man is previously described as an "image", or a non-living representation. Then, it is breathed life into and said to speak and have human abilities to finally be described, as you say, a man. This is a person having a vision mind you...not God giving exact qualifications for what this thing is or isn't.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

How about:

Half man half ai.

A bit far out maybe

Peace

That's a good one. I was thinking RoboCop. Ya know, with weapons and stuff.

I agree with some of the previous posters, this is definitely the latest and greatest theory regarding the Antichrist.

Nice find.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yes, but that man is previously described as an "image", or a non-living representation. Then, it is breathed life into and said to speak and have human abilities to finally be described, as you say, a man. This is a person having a vision mind you...not God giving exact qualifications for what this thing is or isn't.

Ok. But you have to look at who the bible is speaking to. I mean, you have to take into account if these words are directed at you or not and then also weigh in truth.

First ask yourself what "Anti-Christ" means. "Anti" = Against and "Christos" = Anointed. So we have "Against Anointed".

Second ask yourself what "Christ" represents. Salvation correct? So adding that in we have "Against Salvation".

Third and most important we must weigh in with truth in regards to salvation. Since Jesus the Christ says he is with every man even till the end of the age, we must see that "Christ" is all men, as not one man could pay the price, only all men and is the reason for Jesus saying such. Truth shows us that to have salvation of your person is to be remembered by those who love you, other then that is guessing and grasping at the wind. Since the fruit of the spirit is the living being, it is in forth bringing forth children that pleases the Lord who resides in such. The ways of the world are foolish to a child.

Remember the true Jesus is "REJECTED" by the Chief "Now" builders "sons". He was in the world, but the world knew him not. He is not one but the whole body. There fore "Against Anointed" or "Anti-Christ" is anyone not bring forth fruit in which the life is in the blood, not outside for outside is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rollinster

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

How about:

Half man half ai.

A bit far out maybe

Peace

That's a good one. I was thinking RoboCop. Ya know, with weapons and stuff.

I agree with some of the previous posters, this is definitely the latest and greatest theory regarding the Antichrist.

Nice find.

I like the RoboCop Idea as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i would like to point out that the mark of the beast 666 is already in effect with all consumer products in the form of the barcode you'll find the first, middle and last long bar (which is standard with all bar codes) all represent the #6, thus 666.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
One thing I don't think anyone really takes into account regarding all of this bible stuff.

"Almost all shall be fooled, if possible even the elect"

Remember what truth is, it is something that can be verified as real, with or without a witness having solidified credibility.

God says he is true. True is Level, it weighs even. This is why we have "Evening", so that we don't let the sun go down on our anger.

Anti-Christ is accepting the death of life. Sin came in by one and leaves with one...the same one.

Jesus said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged". He would of had no right to utter that, lest he had been judged....in every man. Not one is worthy. Jesus said, when the son is done he must turn it back over to the father.

If it was his to give, he wouldn't have to turn it back over to the father, unless he was in all.

There-Fore his image is what takes on the life, his idol is the false image and his church is the beast which the woman drunk with the blood of the saints rides.

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
I

With regard to 666, the personal name of antichrist will be Maitreya. This name equals 666 in both hebrew and greek. In both these languages, letters of the alphabet represent numbers which give names numerical values. This is the "wisdom" spoke of in Revelations 13:18.

Actually it is 662 www.cs.utk.edu...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Technically speaking, the person (or thing) identified by the number 666 in Revelation is not defined as the Antichrist. The definition for that title is given in 1st and 2nd John. Most people, however, automatically associate the beast and its image with the Antichrist since this title has been given so much publicity. Though, given that it is actually defined as the complete denial of God and Christ it is then logical to see how a material being (that is, having not been created by God but purely by man) will have no belief in a divine power but, most likely, assume upon itself the quality of divinity given its almost omniscient nature.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
There are two points that make it difficult to interpret a cyborg like Antichrist:

1) It says that the beast tells human-kind to make an image for it (to inhabit) and
2) that the beast then breathes life into the image so that it then becomes alive

It seems that the text is speaking of the creation of life from a non-living thing and the miracle occurs in the ability of the beast to breathe life INTO it. Furthermore, an "image" is defined in the greek as eikon, which refers to a thing symbolizing or representing another (usually person...as in android).

There is another possibility that has not been mentioned. That is, "image" may refer to multiple copies of human looking robots. If true, then the "Antichrist" could rule over the entire earth as an extension of the beast, i.e. global AI network.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Technically speaking, the person (or thing) identified by the number 666 in Revelation is not defined as the Antichrist. The definition for that title is given in 1st and 2nd John. Most people, however, automatically associate the beast and its image with the Antichrist since this title has been given so much publicity. Though, given that it is actually defined as the complete denial of God and Christ it is then logical to see how a material being (that is, having not been created by God but purely by man) will have no belief in a divine power but, most likely, assume upon itself the quality of divinity given its almost omniscient nature.

I understand what you are saying, but think about this.

When I look in a mirror am I looking at my Anti Image? It's like me in every way only backwards or opposite me.

Who's Image is over the church to which it is said, "You shall not create any image...nor shall you bow down and worship it"? The very image you are looking for.

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
That is an interesting theory. How would you apply the following predictions to a robot Antichrist? I am not saying it couldn't happen, just might take a different train of though to apply them.

- He will receive what appears to be a fatal wound to the head
- He will appear to be resurrected from the dead
- His right eye may be blinded and his arm completely withered

Would be kind of strange for a robot AC to have a withered arm or be blind in one eye.

Could be some type of battle damage if he was a cybernetic organism: living tissue over a metal endoskeleton....

[edit on 10-12-2008 by borachon]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Wow this reminds me off parts of irobot

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join