It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

info on three games coming out soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
starting with the one i DONT know when it is coming out

Halo Three: Recon

Halo Three: Recon, takes place in the African city that the prophet of truth destroyed when he made that warp bubble thing, you are a new recruit who wakes up in the city, after being knocked out, other than that i don't know much about the single player, i DO know this about multiplayer, the very coveted recon armor in multiplayer, that could only be given out by Bungi staff members, can now be achieved easily, you can start now, i dont know about anything else on Halo Three: Recon

now to continue, this game will be released in march 2009

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 5 will be the first resident evil game to be multiplayer, umbrella chronicles doesn't count, as i don't count it as a true resident evil game, it sucked, anyway, you will be able to trade items that are picked up, the game will be featuring a woman from Africa who's name escapes me, and Chris Redfield, the game is taking place in Africa. and (this is not fact, but my speculation) i believe the game will feature enemies that are hybrids of the Tyrant virus and the parasites from Resident Evil 4, also, the movie Resident Evil: Degeneration takes place between Resident Evil 4 and 5.

and now the coup de grace(atleast for me)

Starcraft 2

Starcraft 2 will feature all three species, but it will be set up in three discs, with a total of 90 missions on single player, the first disk is called wings of the valkaries, this is the terran missions the second is called fury of the swarm, zerg missions, and the third is called The Void, protoss missions, i believe Starcraft 2 is coming out in winter if 2009, these are the three games i am featuring

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I wasn't thrilled with Halo 3. I just don't get into FPS games any more. I really loved Halo 1, but since then I have lost interest.

I haven't played a RE game since RE2. Is the control scheme still that maddening, turn and walk combo? I loved RE1 but have lost interest in the series.

Starcraft 2 looks pretty fun. I will probably check it out on the PC. I can't get into RTS games on a console.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

ok, halo 3 recon will be the best halo ever, better than CE, resident evil 5 will be like resident evil 4, over the shoulder and the walking scheme has been changed, play RE 4 and try it out, before laying RE 5, RE 4 starts a new storyline altogether, RE 5 continues it, chainsaws, miniguns, rocket launchers, all of them are used AGAINST you, trust me, resident evil 5 is going to be amazing

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
here is a video of one of the boss fights in resident evil 4, its not a real boss, because you come across them all the time later. its a short video

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

All this time I thought RE4 was a rail gunner, was that just the Wii version?
It looks pretty cool, I would be interested in both RE4 and 5.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

ALL versions of RE4 are over the shoulder, but the Wii version is better because you aim with the Wiimote, also RE4 is out for the following systems, Gamecube, PS2, Wii(duh), and computer, yes this game is on the computer as well, but please don't get the computer version, the graphics suck, and I'm sure they butchered the story a little

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
ok, i found some good news about Resident Evil 5 on Capcom's website

*SPOILER ALERT*

Plot Info FAQ's:

Q: When does RE5 take place?

A: 10 years after the events of RE1, and 4 years after the events of RE4.

Q: Where is the game set?

A: A small village in Africa but you will visit other locations through the course of the game. 4 of these locations are The Village, Altair, Sea Cave, and Underground City.

Q: Does the story tie in with the rest of the series?

A: Yes. RE5 is said to explain the origins of the Proginator Virus which served as the base from which all of Umbrellas Bio weapons research stemed.

Q: Is Umbrella in the game?

A: There are references but it is unknown if it plays any larger role than that. The main company involved in RE5 is called Tricell.

Q: What sort of enemies are in the game?

A: A new form of Plagas from RE4 that can survive in daylight appears to be the main trouble maker in RE5. Like in RE4 the Plagas can infect just about any living thing including People, dogs, what have you. Those they inhabit are reffered to as "The Infected" and serve as the base enemy set for the game. The Plagas also come in several natural forms including a flying version, whipping neck tentacles, and huge boss type creatures.

Q: Will zombies return?

A: At this point all indications point to no.

Q: Will S.T.A.R.S make a return?

A: No, the S.T.A.R.S organization was dismantled and replaced by an organization known as the B.S.A.A which stands for Bio-Terrorism Security Assessment Alliance.

Q: Who do you play as in the game?

A: You play as Chris Redfield who the story revolves around with Sheva Alomar playing the role of his backup partner and 2nd playable character for CoOp play.

Q: Who is in the cast of characters?

A: So far the confirmed cast includes...

Chris Redfield:

Plays the leading role in RE5. Chris was a former member of STARS and one of only a few survivors of the original "Mansion Inccident" . He was instrumental in the creation of the B.S.A.A of which he is a member and now travels the world seeking out those who would use Umbrella's research to do harm. Chris is a veteran series character dating back to the original1996 Resident Evil and is mortal enemies with Albert Wesker.

Sheva Alomar:

Plays the second leading role in RE5, serves as Chris's liaison in Africa. Works for the African branch of the B.S.A.A and is a new character to the series.

Albert Wesker:

Long time series antagonist dating back to the original 1996 title. It is unknown what his role is at this time but if history is any indicator he's up to no good... Again. He is mortal enemies with Chris Redfield.

Excella Gionne:

A relative of the founders of Tricell, a pharmaceutical company. She is apparently working with Wesker, and is a new character to the series.

Kralin, and Plague Doctor aka Cloaked Woman:

Kralin: Rumored to be an arms dealer and has connections to Excella and the Plague Doctor. He is a new character to the RE series.

Plague Doctor: She plays an unknown role at this point, but will apparently be a pivital character during the events of RE5. Some have speculated that the good doctor could be Ada Wong based on the similar agile fighting styles they share. She has ties to Kralin and Excella.

Women in stasis tube:

Unknown role but believed to be Sherry Birkin who was last seen in RE2 as a 12 year old girl. Sherry is the daughter of Annette and William Birkin both of whom were Umbrella scientists. Her father was the Co-creator of the T-Virus, and the mastermind behind the G-Virus project. Both Sherry's parents died during the events of the Raccoon City disaster and she dissapeared shortly there after. Sherry would now be 22 years old.

Women in Red:

Unknown role but is also believed to be Sherry Birkin.

Oswell E Spencer:

One of the founding fathers of the Umbrella Corporation. Spencer has been a long time character of the series, but has only ever been mentioned in reports or files. As such RE5 marks his first physical appearence in a RE game. He has ties to Wesker though his role in RE5 beyond that is unknown.

Q: Are there any other returning cast members?

A: According" to the producers, no.

Basic Game Info FAQ's:

Q: When will RE5 be on store shelves?

A: RE5 will be available March 13th or14th 2009.

Q: What systems is the game coming out on?

A: RE5 will be available for the Xbox 360 and PS3. It has recently been confirmed that there will be no Wii version at a later date.

Q: Will there be any differences between the PS3 and 360 version of the game?

A: None. As of now the two versions look virtually identical and offer the same features. SIXAXIS aiming was considered for the PS3 version but was scrapped due to imprecision issues.

Q: Will RE5 play like RE4?

A: Yes. While many of the mechanics are the same in RE5 as they were in RE4 there have been a few new additions and modifications including an empahsis on "Cat and Mouse" type gameplay.

Q: How will the game control?

A: There are two control options a classic tank like system most fans of the series will be familiar with as well as a new "Gears" style system. The game also has a cover system, and destructible environments.

Q: How long is the game?

A: The producers have stated the game is roughly the same length as RE4, 20 hrs or so during your 1st play through depending on difficulty level and player skill.

Q: I heard there was a heat index feature that affected game play is that true?

A: There was, but the feature was scrapped.

Q: Does the game support online play?

A: Yes it offers 2 player jump in jump out CoOp game play through the entire campaign online.

Q: Does the game offer Split Screen CoOp?

A: Yes. It can also be played solo with your partner being controlled by the A.I.

Q: How does the inventory work?

A: Real-time weapon switching is being considered but hasn't been confirmed. The standard inventory system works like past RE games with a limited number of slots for items and supplies. Also items can be passed back and forth between Chris and Sheva on the fly at anytime.

Q: What about RE4's QTE events?

A: The QTE's are back but seem mostly used to help your partner in times of need.

Q: What sort of save system does RE5 use?

A: RE5 uses a checkpoint and chapter save system replacing the typewriters of old.

Q: Will the merchant return?

A: Though he is not in the game as of now it has been hinted that a merchant system of some sort will return for RE5.

new topics

top topics

join