It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted to start a new thread with your help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Had an Idea for a thread, but I think it needs the approval from the higher ups. Thought this is a very good way of denying ignorance.

Is there a way that the Mods could help me spread the word about a thread I was thinking about putting up.

In this Thread it would be titled, "Linking our own History".

In this thread we would start from modern times and work our way back to ancient and beyond, One per day, mods authority to overide this if it is significant.

Everyday a new subject would emerge following the course of modern to ancient times, ie. mods or member can come up with the subject and members can post information, what have you, as it goes down the line, we slowly but shurly start gather our interpretations of human history.

Reason I thought this might be a good idea is because everyone in this community has a great deal of information, knowledge and opinions, that it makes a lot more sense to put together and make our own version of historical events.

Basically we each have a piece of the puzzle, might as well put them together and get the big picture.

Fox

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

I don't think you need permission to start that kind of thread....maybe U2U one of the Mods if you're unsure... I don't see why you couldn't just start it.

Would you start at a particular date in History? Like say, the day you posted the thread? Or on a date that a signifigant event happend...?

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I was thinking with the beginning being the election of Obama, and then going backwards. but wanted the Sup Mods, and Mods help in spreading the word through the U2U system, kinda letting everyone know.

Thought it be a good way of comming up with our own unedited version of history. good and bad, no censorship kinda thing. then maybe when we have gone far enough back.... take a good look at it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Mmm I don't know that members would want to receive U2U's or that Staff would send them.... I'm not sure if they do that...? But you could put a link in your signature once you've got the thread up and running, and get your friends to put it in theirs as well. Sooner or later, it'll catch on and people will get posting.

Have a catchy title, that'll get people interested.

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

I think you have a good idea but the scope of the project is much bigger than you realize perhaps. There's a good chance the whole thing will just die.

I will support your thread if you begin such an endeavor. My guess is such a thread would belong in the Research Forum or Collaborative Writing Forum. Mods correct me if I'm wrong..

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

All to true, thats why I wanted the Mods help. maybe send out U2U's to members. kinda a huge research project for Writers/Fighters/Members

Thank you for the Support ScramJet76, Planning on Placing it tommorow about this time. Just want to make sure that it can be kept going.

Sort of History from the outsiders point of view.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You might want to also consider TinWiki.
tinwiki.org...

Seems like an interesting idea for there - sort of a 'true history' section, chronologically indexed, written by ATS members.

new topics

top topics

join