It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Blackwater used grenades on unarmed Iraqis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

US: Blackwater used grenades on unarmed Iraqis

www.breitbart.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - Blackwater Worldwide security guards opened machine gun fire on innocent, surrendering Iraqis and launched a grenade into a girls' school during a gruesome Baghdad shooting last year, prosecutors said Monday in announcing manslaughter charges against five guards.

A sixth guard involved in the attack cut a plea deal with prosecutors, turned on his former colleagues, and admitting killing at least one Iraqi in the 2007 shooting in Baghdad's Nisoor Square. Seventeen Iraqis were killed in the assault, which roiled U.S. diplomacy with Iraq and fueled anti-American sentiment abroad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
wokv.com

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A grenade in a girls school?
Holy smokes!

If this turns out to be true, then it is truly a shame. Certainly lends credit to the accounts of Iraqi citizens complaining of attacks, rapes, and beatings. As well as accounts from Americans working and/or serving in Iraq right now. As if some people went over there with an axe to grind and the hearts and minds of the people were the last thing on their mind.

I am sure this is only scratching the surface of the true extent of the abuses of the Iraqi people at the hands of representatives of the US.

I hope justice is served but I am skeptical.

- Lee

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join