It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recipe help!!! Four Happiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hey everyone reading

There was this Chinese restaurant called Thirsty Duck in my city that made a dish called Four Happiness is was the best tasting dish I have ever ate I used to go there 7 days a week for lunch I liked it so much the dish included a good crispy deep fried batter with Chicken, Beef, Shrimp and pork with broccoli in some kind of sauce that made your taste buds dance in your mouth it was a sweet and tangy like sauce I have tried to recreate it but to no avail. the sauce was dark like a nice dark soy sauce, if anyone has this recipe or knows of it please share I am Fiending for this taste of happiness!

Thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

Ever thought of asking the restaurant for the recipe?
Not all chefs are like Magicians and keep their secrets.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
LOL yes I would try that but the restaurant shut down with no notice so I inquired and all persons family owned restaurant moved to Vancouver so no one to ask I have been to over 30 diff Chinese restaurants in my city to inquire about the dish no one can tell me anything, so this is why I turned to BTS

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
NO ONE!>>?? come on I need this flavor in my mouth

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Best I can come up with in looking at some Chinese recipes is that it involves a sauce consisting of soy sauce, sherry, ginger and sugar. That seems to be pretty consistent. I'd imagine you could batter and fry up about anything you wanted and douse it in the sauce to create a "Four Happiness" version.

Here's one example-

chinesefood.about.com...

You'll probably have to do some experimentation to come close to replicating what you had, but a little trial and error will probably get you there eventually.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Was it anything like a Teriyaki sauce?

Try natural honey and a dash of saki in your experiments.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Try this recipe and see if it taste anything like it.
2 tablespoons sherry
6 tablespoons dark soy sauce
2 slices ginger
1 scallion
2 tablespoons sugar

It's good with pork or beef.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thank you all for the help I will give it a try thanks!

top topics

join