It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not hoax call, claims Pak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Not hoax call, claims Pak

www.kashmirtimes.com

NEW DELHI, Dec 7: Pakistan Friday night asserted that the threatening call to its President Zardari on November 28 was put out from "a verified official Phone Number of the Indian Ministry of External Affairs" and blamed the Indian High Commission in Islamabad for trying to paint it as a hoax call.
"The identity of this particular call, as evident from the CLI (caller identity) device, showed that the call was placed from a verified official Phone Number of the Indian Ministry of External Affairs...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: clipped quoted content to character limit]

[edit on 8-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Seems that perhaps these people are trying to set up Pak? I mean if they have proof that the call came from the Indian Gov offices why is it being flagged as a HOAX? Now due to this they are going to pull back from any meetings till they can get some form of "truth" out of it...I seriously think that perhaps they did it to try and get Pak to attack in a hot headed manner...what do you guys think?
If you ask me there is going to be some sort of attack in Pak real soon ;to make them get mad and engage India as they are so painfully making it obvious they want them too. IMO

www.kashmirtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Anyone can easily spoof a Caller ID.

Wanna know another secret? It's the best way to hack into voicemails which don't prompt for a password when they are called by the phone number supposedly associated with the cell phone.

Anyway... that's pretty baseless claim to say "Well it's the caller ID!" When you can spoof that easily.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire opening post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 8-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The problem with CID systems is they can be easily spoofed with a little know how.

Pakistani government officials need to realize this, it was likely still a prank call, the prankster just knows how to spoof a CID.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
The problem with CID systems is they can be easily spoofed with a little know how.

Pakistani government officials need to realize this, it was likely still a prank call, the prankster just knows how to spoof a CID.

A prank call from the CIA or Mossad to stir the pot?

Wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I knew about the spoofing CID my point is that even though this was cried out by Pak no one reported on it here in the US just that it was a hoax.. a hoax ment to get them on the trigger is my point. Dont care who did it ;really it was done in yet another attempt at pushing these people into an all out war. I am really starting to think that perhaps India is being totally coached.

new topics

top topics

join