It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution & Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I know this sounds stupid and it looks like something that comes out from a mouth of a teenager, but..

I have been pondering something in the past every once in a while, and it popped out into my thoughts again today.

Can you find a single meat eater on this planet that is not in any way a predator. It either hunts corpses (rotten or fresh) or things that are still alive. Given that, aliens should be predators as well. There's a remote chance to manipulate DNA of their prey so that in millions of years, their insticts that come from predator ancestors just die away, leaving them to eat their "sitting" steaks. A prey that doesn't run away in for a million years would do that.

If you are a vegetarian, you don't have to hunt of course, but is there any way we could possible even get a *little* hint that aliens are vegetarian? Size does not imply it, since predators get hungry too. Given that aliens are indeed small and some greys are reported taller, we might just as well guess that some of them eat better than the ohters.

I'm not afraid of anything, I barely believe in existence of extraterrestial life, and even in that I believe mostly that physical laws are what they are and cannot be broken. Therefore, I don't like the idea of FTL travelling. So it basically does not matter for me whether they like to eat meat or carrots. It makes no sense to think that if we cannot ever come into contact with them in any practical way.

Anyway, evolution as we know it supports survival of the fittest. Do we have any reason whatsoever to believe that humans are fittest? We already know that humans are a dying race, as far as long term evolution is concerned. We either evolve into something or we die away, forgotten.

If anyone thinks we remain the same for the next million years, he must come up with an idea that humans can at some point manipulate DNA perfectly enough to *keep* us from changing with a pace of rest of nature. That, however, gives rest of the nature an advantage that lasts for an entire eternity. Advantage here being that rest of nature learns to beat us.

This basically means that even so called aliens who have mastered technology, cannot live without change in their looks, immune systems and so on. In space, they could have habitants that are actually microecosystems, much like in those little glass balls that you can buy for your children as present. Those include next to perfect mix of chemicals, bacteria and algae inside of them that grow and die and lasts for a lifetime. Only in such an environment stopping of evolution is not a problem.

..Just my ramblings.

[edit on 8/12/08 by rawsom]

(Oh and by the way. Try putting such a glass ball in your microwareoven for a very short perioid of time. In weeks, amusing results will happen. Do NOT do this at home, the ball will explode because of pressure by gasses if you do this for too long. It'll show you evolution.)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Predators don't eat carrion. Omnivores and scavengers do that.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonrat
Predators don't eat carrion. Omnivores and scavengers do that.

They do when they have to and humans do as well, it's called the meat market and grocery store.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You propably just missed what I wrote. I compared vegetarians and predators with that methaphor "meat or carroTs"

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, at least so far as it applies to aliens.

Also, remember that 'survival of the fittest' just means animals that live long enough to pass on their genes through reproduction. Very broadly speaking, whatever characteristics they have that enable them to thrive for that long will then be passed on to their offspring. But in human terms, life doesn't really work like that anymore.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by damagedoor]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

I think this thread has a chance if you go back and edit your thoughts. I know english is a second language for you, but go back and rework your thesis.

If I'm correct, you're wondering that if aliens have were to come to earth they might be interested in humans as food. This is very possible, and FTL travel is surely not the only way to get around the universe. Personally I think carnivorous aliens would be more about energy than flesh, so perhaps if they were to be carnivorous they would looking to 'eat our energy' like some kind of intergalactic energy vampyres.

Some believe the Nephalim/Annuaki are carnivorous reptilians who come around every so often to 'harvest' humans......

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

There's been a few stories of aliens just eating some type of processed nutrients. Check some of John Lears stories, I think he mentioned something about cow's blood? I believe there's mention of some snotty cereal from some base like area 51. Many probably say these people are vegetarians. Maybe because they hadn't much choice during long space flights? idk.

The alleged god or lord when the jews were in the desert for 40 years, apparently expected them to be vegetarians.

Fasting was also expected and being clean when visiting 'the lord'.

I recall them having some type of green stuff in a tube like toothpaste. It was probably algae. It reminds me of what the astronauts did and ate when they went to the moon.

The carrots....I also so recall. But these were different, they were dark orange and real sweet. I believe they would process these to make their candy. Yeah, aliens (or whomever) like candy, especially sour candy.

I also recall they can't eat chocolate like dogs can't either. Interesting.

Most pictures or drawing of aliens don't look like they eat very well or very much. I guess we equate that to vegetarians?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ok. I tried to be more verbose in what I meant, my post is now edited. Hopefully this time it is more clear in what exactly I am trying to say. I will reply today afternoon, after 12 hours or so. It is currently 5am here.

Basic question however is whether they are vegetarian, omnivore or meat eaters and whether we have any way of deducing it by guessing from hints.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
No offense rawsom but I really can't see the point of this thread. You ask a question and then suggest it doesn't really matter because you hardly believe in them or their ability to reach Earth. Kind of a self defeating purpose really... and the glass ball thing.. you really lost me there

IRM

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
No offense rawsom but I really can't see the point of this thread. You ask a question and then suggest it doesn't really matter because you hardly believe in them or their ability to reach Earth. Kind of a self defeating purpose really... and the glass ball thing.. you really lost me there

IRM

I should propably had to think this twice before posting.. My point of view is still in developing stage on this, so I will think this over and post again in maybe six months or so. In the mean time, I take some other subjects onto my teeth. Thanks for your input.

top topics

join