It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Voice Concern Over Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Liberals are growing increasingly nervous – and some just flat-out angry – that President-elect Barack Obama seems to be stiffing them on Cabinet jobs and policy choices.

Obama has reversed pledges to immediately repeal tax cuts for the wealthy and take on Big Oil. He’s hedged his call for a quick drawdown in Iraq. And he’s stocking his White House with anything but stalwarts of the left.

Now some are shedding a reluctance to puncture the liberal euphoria at being rid of President George W. Bush to say, in effect, that the new boss looks like the old boss.

news.yahoo.com...

Incredible. So it seems that some Liberals are now voicing concern over Obama. They aren't happy that he actually seems to be concentrating on what needs to be done and setting some of the more mundane issues on the back burner.

It's interesting that while I find myself becoming more tolerant of Obama because he's showing himself to be focusing on what needs to be done to fix this country (with his cabinet picks and recent statements in speeches) and I'm actually glad to see him putting the more trivial issues on the back burner.

But I'm wondering how the far-left on ATS feel so far. You libs out there - do you agree with the article on Yahoo?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Oh, those silly liberals!

Obama is not going to govern from the left. The liberals might as well get used to it. He's going to do what he thinks is best and right for the country, not kowtow to a political party or ideology or push a liberal agenda. This is change. He will be the president of us ALL, not just the left. The Republicans and the right aren't going to be left out in the cold for the next 4-8 years and the liberals aren't all going to like it. Oh, well... He warned us that there would be decisions he would make that not everyone would agree with... And he's keeping true to his word.

Me? I'm thrilled with most of his decisions so far. Of course, I listened to what he said during the election and didn't get stars in my eyes about a liberal agenda...

Poor liberals.
I hope they buck up and join the party.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Only now are they voicing concerns when there's nothing they can do.

Great find man! you always get the good stuff!

Just think... A polotician who doesn't keep his campaign promises... Hmmm... Who'd have thunk.

I guess that's either living up to or going against his campaign motto of "CHANGE".

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hes the POTUS.Not the president of the leftwing or rightwing.He could be the Anti-Christ thou

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tricky63

Maybe during his Inaguration he'll unzip his head and a UFO will fly out...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, considering what we've had the past - what - 30+ years (as long as I can remember) with politicians it's been nothing but shenanigans. They say one thing on the campaign trail, usually acting completely bi-partisan, and then revert to their party roots when they get into office. It's been that way with either party.

So when Obama campaigned, why were we supposed to believe anything would be different? I mean this was politics, after all, and he acted like a typical politician on the campaign trail - waffling on this and that, the occasional controversial remark, questionable history, etc. Just like all other politicians.

But so far, I'm being pleasantly surprised at what I'm seeing. No one is being left in the cold so far, though his presidency hasn't begun yet. Like I said in another post, I'm willing to give the man credit where it's due. And he will score big points with me if he stands up to these far-left nutters in Congress like Feinstein and Schumer when they try to pass the Fairness Doctrine. If he vetoes that thing when they try to pass it - then I'll admit this is change because it shows a willingness to go against the old party grain.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The only people that are suprised are the ones who bought into Obama's mantra of "change".

He lied on the campaign trail to gain their confidence and their vote.

Obama wants what every first term president wants - a second term. He will rule accordingly.

The only ones who won't be disappointed are those who voted for him because of his race.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Should have went third party...yall know im right

two lines

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think this article is indicative of something I felt during Obama's campaign. I felt, and still do, that many liberals and left leaning people saw Obama's potential win as a sort of revenge for the past 8 years of Republican rule. I felt as though they didn't care so much for the man Obama or what he would actually do as President but the false idea that electing a "black man" would really burn those uptight right wingers.

It also seemed as though many things were attributed to Obama that could be construed as part of the "Obama Myth", the idea that he will lock all republicans out of Washington, that he'll immediately overturn everything Bush did, that he'll fix the economy, solve the Iraq problem and bring all the troops home right away.

It just seemed, to me, like a lot of people who were staunch supporters of Obama weren't supporters because of anything he said or promised but because of the uncorroborated and sometimes impossible things attributed to an Obama win. Now that Obama is proving himself to be an actual person and a president concerned with the welfare of the entire country they are getting miffed.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's a big country so there's bound to be some disagreement about everything. Democracy isn't about getting your way all the time anyway. I don't see the big deal or even how this is thread worthy given that Obama is not even in office yet. How the hell is Obama supposed to do any of these things he's accused of not doing?

whiney whiners

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't think he has to be inaugurated for some members of a political party who voted for him to start expressing concern. While he hasn't actually begun serving his presidency, he HAS actually begun his presidency by filling cabinet positions and setting the expectations of the American people with his regular radio addresses and speeches, and by being vocal on certain issues like the auto bailout.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 8-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well, he hasn't really done anything yet (because he hasn't even started), and I can't say I like the majority of his appointments so far, BUT...

If Liberals are angry at the man, he must be doing something right somewhere. I hope he keeps them angry, and makes them angrier.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Liberals are never truly content unless they are whining and complaining.

The past eight years have proved this quite nicely.

They'll turn rabid on this guy very soon.

Becker

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think he's just remaining colorblind, he's not seeing red or blue, or R or D, he's just going on experience and who he wants working alongside him. That was pretty much his mantra from the DNC during his acceptance speech, so I'm not holding any ill will towards him for who he chooses. The only time I'll hold ill will against him is if he gets us deeper in the mud than Bush's administration did, and I can't really say anything in that regard yet because he isn't the President yet.

I'm sure he's pissing off liberal bloggers, but who the hell cares about bloggers anyway.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
When there are others in power (government within a government), the front man or hood ornament is not what drives the system or car. It is merely something nice to look at and keep the attention focused while the real drive is under the hood.

It doesnt matter if he was republican or democrat or even independant, the seat of power is just a public window dressing show to keep the focus away from whats under the hood..that is where the real power is at.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think that after the first six months we will see who the true Obama is and where his agenda is headed.

I hereby reserve the right to be more critical of him at a future date if necessary.

top topics

join